It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect(s) in armoured vehicle in standoff after gunfire at Dallas Police Dept. HQ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

DALLAS – Gunfire was reported just after midnight Saturday outside the Dallas Police Department headquarters.

According to News 8's Rebecca Lopez, police sources say a suspect fired numerous shots at DPD headquarters from what appeared to be an armored van then led officers on a chase.

The chase apparently ended on Interstate 45 at Interstate 20. I-45 was shut down and Dallas SWAT was called in.

Police have surrounded the suspect's van near Hutchins. Dallas police sources tell News 8 they are concerned the van may contain explosives.

Suspect in standoff after gunfire at DPD HQ

This story is breaking as I type this.

For those that want to listen in :

www.broadcastify.com...

For watching online try here

www.wfaa.com...

Suspects are currently surrounded. They are in an armoured van (pic below) that is "apparently" wired with explosive.

No reports of injuries so far. No idea of motive but I think its safe to assume the fact that the suspects are driving an armoured van that they have planned this and may well be in this for the long haul (or as long a haul that is likely after doing what they have).

Will try and keep thread updated for the next couple of hours.
edit on 13-6-2015 by randomspecific because: changing title

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: randomspecific

Holy crap!

Saw a tweet that the suspect had called 911 multiple times from your source, wonder what is being said.

Watching those clips sounds like a damn die hard movie with all the gun fire.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Here are some youtube vids:

edit on 13-6-2015 by randomspecific because: adding vid

+45 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Good looking out and thanks for the thread.
Any updates?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh man that's funny lol.
Hope they can get the perps alive but I think if you come in an armoured van and shoot at cops you are expecting death.
Any ideas on who yet?.
Hope everyone stags safe.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Police conference/update due to take place at city hall.

www.wfaa.com...

This is a ustream link thats transmitting various sources/videos. Not sure if ustream links are allowed so apologies if not:

www.ustream.tv...
edit on 13-6-2015 by randomspecific because: adding ustream link

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah, the whole A-Team theme was nice!

Now, back to the topic...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah, this is craziness.

It sucks, I was just going to bed, now I gotta bust out the popcorn.

I'm trying to figure out if someone's this crazy, or if it's just more theater.

This should get interesting either way!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

What could possibly be the point of that? It's not a body count by gunfire as they didn't manage to hit anybody yet. It seems like they are just trying to get as many cops as possible in that one place.

I'm hoping the cops think this is just as suspicious as we do. It's like a trap or something. Maybe on the other side of town, a big heist is going down and that van is radio controlled? I'm tired and really reaching here but that might explain the total lack of accuracy.

Run a drone van around town firing random shots out the windows while you go rob a bank. Ok, I think I need to shut my brain down for the night.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I doubt they could make a RC van drive that smooth...functional shifter, gas, brakes and steering.

But I like where you are going with the distraction technique.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Just an exercise. Has Jade Helm started?
Dallas is a hell hole.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Something about this definitely gets you thinking. Seems without any clear purpose apart from tearing it up and killing people so would like to get a little bit of info from the conference. We will see.

www.ebay.com...

The link above is being tossed around as the source of the armoured vehicle. Totally unverified so treat with suspicion.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So lets see all the cop haters walk in and diffuse this non violently . Oh wait , no volunteers .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

No haters replied so far.
Also yes with dialogue it may be diffused without any more violence.
But lets wait and see.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

It could be just me, but the "ustream" link is just nothing but nonsense from what I'm seeing.. I don't even get what's going on tbh. As far as the "press conference goes, with the link provided.. Man, I get so tired of these things which are always supposed to be "scheduled" to address the situation etc etc.

Why the hell do these things need to take all night? Clearly, from private youtube vids, something went down. But since "officials" have some "official" crap goin on, we have to wait hours for them to tell us what the hell is going on! Most of it, we already know happened based on videos submitted.

We all know that whatever "press conference" happens, they're just going to tell us crap we already know. I have to go to bed, I hope this doesn't escalate, but I have a feeling we won't really know what's going on, if ever, just some tiny tidbits from what "authorities" want to tell us.

If someone posts a random youtube vid of some real #, then that's what I'll be looking for. G'night for now.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Suspect in Hutchins. Accused police of taking child and branding him a terrorist. White male 5' 10" 200 pounds. Possible name
James Boulware. Multiple reports of suspect using fully automatic rifles, started shooting at Police Dept. then was involved in chase after ramming police vehicle that ended in Hutchins. Another shooting episode started in this area.

Possibly more than 1 suspect in van. Chief Brown says witnesses saw "multiple suspects" shooting at DPD.

4 bags around police department. One confirmed to contain a pipe bomb type device, assumed that others may also contain devices.

Below is a link to an old article that MAY be suspect. Not even close to being confirmed.

www.kten.com...
edit on 13-6-2015 by randomspecific because: adding info

edit on 13-6-2015 by randomspecific because: updates

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Seeing the reports of explosives from local news stations on my facebook feed now to.

www.facebook.com...

BREAKING: DallasPD says four bags left outside DPD headquarters. One is confirmed to have explosives.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Possibly more than 1 suspect in van.

So here I am, STILL awake since the press conference just ended, and I will regret it tomorrow..

Just something I want to throw out regarding the above quote. There are ALWAYS multiple suspects potentially involved in cases like this, which, in my mind I have no doubt that is probably most often the reality in cases like this. But for some reason, it always ends up being a "lone wolf" at least according to the media.

Can anyone give a good explanation as to why this seems to always be the case?
edit on 13-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Just tossing this out there

Dallas TX, Jade Helm15 coming up
crazies in an amoured van with guns and explosives

no...this isn't suspicious at all

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join