It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Door to Door Searches for NY Fugitives - Come on....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm reminded of the searches after the Boston bombing.

Something about this smacks of opportunism. Not a concerted effort for safety.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

They kicked doors in and forced their way in at Watertown in some places . They approach the people here and asked permission. Would you care to expand why you believe there are similarities?
edit on 12-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

They kicked doors in and forced their way and in Watertown at some places . They approach the people here and asked permission. Would you care to expand why you believe there are similarities?

Easy, they were polite this time.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

And if people are being held hostage and then killed before the escaped prisoners left. Would you have a problem with inaction by police ?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

It's quite rationale to guard your 4th amendment rights and to question police tactics concerning law-abiding private citizens.

Not in your case. There seems to be nothing rational in your hatred for the police.

What they were doing was simply reassuring the public that a police precence is still in their town. Some people may feel safe in that town, but there are others who don't.

Do you know anything about the type of criminal they place in that prison out there? Do you know anything about the escaped convicts? Do you know anything about their obvious conviction to escape from a prison that no one ever has before? Do you know anything at all besides a blanket hatred for all law enforcement officials regardless of the circumstance?

Go live in a society that has no law. Please.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

And if people are being held hostage and then killed before the escaped prisoners left. Would you have a problem with inaction by police ?

Yes, he would.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

My issue with the past few days for this community lies in a quote from one of it's citizens in the local paper, the PressRepublican:

It is kind of a taste of what terrorism is like. It just gets into your head,” she said.

This feeling is due to the days of lockdown, helicopters, dogs, 800+ officers, automated messages from *Homeland Security* (of all things) and these searches - not the prisoners themselves.

And THAT is how it's like Boston.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes.

What answer were you expecting?

Yeah, I know it sounds hypocritical. Maybe it is. I fear the police-state. I don't fear the police.

If that makes any sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

So your position is based on a quote from one individual. I admire you for speaking for the people .

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Incorrect as per my previous post you only fear the police. You stop by on the eighth amendment just for a laugh .

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Incorrect as per my previous post you only fear the police. You stop by on the eighth amendment just for a laugh .

Most of my posts are attempts at humor.

It's what I'm good at.

But again, no. I'm not afraid of the 5-0.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This feeling is due to the days of lockdown, helicopters, dogs, 800+ officers, automated messages from *Homeland Security* (of all things) and these searches - not the prisoners themselves.

And THAT is how it's like Boston.

Yah, I mean why should they do that?
It's only 2 convicted killers that were serving life and had nothing to lose.
Why haven't the "Boston was Martial Law" crowd added some angry posting to this thread?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No that's simply indicative of my concern.

Like Beez, I have no issue with police. The officers doing these searches were simply following orders. But, like in Watertown, there is an excessive amount of pressure being brought to bear on innocent citizens and their community. They are giving up rights willingly to accommodate the tactics (and failure) of the Police State.

People were asked to accept many changes to our daily lives after 9/11, none of it was temporary. Why? Because the Police State never recedes. Thanks in part to people who label those who question it has "haters". Orwell is rolling in his grave.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I recognize realize and enjoy your humor . You've seen me post I love humor . but as I've stated I have no absolutely no agenda to my post history .( unless you count the Vlad) I judge events on a case-by-case process. ( it's called being brutally honest ) Like I said look at my post history I get on the police all the time.

But this thread is based on nothing but speculation, predisposition and hatred of authority. The police did nothing wrong in this event with two escaped murderers on the loose.

I know people of devious backgrounds. There is no doubt in my mind those guys are long gone or laying low. I do not for a second think they are the danger to society as claimed by the media. but I also realize that not everyone shares my opinion and needs reassured and that's pretty much what the cops were doing while investigating the escape .

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Speculation is the raw meat of any good conspiracy theory.

Facts are the garnish no-one ever eats.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

But, like in Watertown, there is an excessive amount of pressure being brought to bear on innocent citizens and their community. They are giving up rights willingly to accommodate the tactics (and failure) of the Police State.

First off the reason events happened as they did in Watertown...............

Listen to the gunfire the bombs going off in the people warning other citizens off in terror.

Sorry if there was a gun battle that went on in my neighborhood I would have no problem with the police coming in my house .

Then review your own video as to the peoples attitudes to the police on the prison break . like I said unless you've changed the video on your OP I did not see anyone having a real problem with it. I even saw people tell the police not to search their house and the cops left .

there is absolutely zero comparison between the two events . I would also like to ask you is it only the fourth amendment you're concerned with because your absence was deafening on my eighth amendment thread ?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Having grown up less than two miles as the crow flies from a max security prison in upstate NY, we had this happen quite often when a prisoner or two wandered off. They never forced themselves in if you didn''t want them to come in and didn't run around with weapons drawn or their hair on fire. I really don't see a big deal here. In fact there were even some signs on the roads about picking up hitchhikers who could be escaped prisoners. Haha
edit on 6/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: left out an S

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Having grown up less than two mile as the crow flies from a max security prison in upstate NY, we had this happen quite often when a prisoner or two wandered off. They never forced themselves in if you didn''t want them to come in and didn't run around with weapons drawn or their hair on fire. I really don't see a big deal here. In fact there were even some signs on the roads about picking up hitchhikers who could be escaped prisoners. Haha.

One thing I've noticed on this site. People that interject actual facts and logical thinking into threats like this have low Karmas .

thank you for's taking a stand on actual truth !

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Speculation is the raw meat of any good conspiracy theory.

Facts are the garnish no-one ever eats.

I have noticed that. People tend to not let actual facts screw up their speculation . Lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join