It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't 101 with Jesse Ventura: Money Isn't Real!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You can't file a lawsuit with the intent of taking time from another person, though.

Unless a currency is backed by two things:
1. A finite resource
2. A relatively stable degree of scarcity
any currency, including Bitcoin is destined to fail via manipulative policies.

It could be argued bitcoin meets both qualifications. A fixed supply exists, and will be mined out in time. A fixed amount is released (found) from this mine at standard intervals. You can, however, always push the decimal to the left and viola, infinite supply... but not really.

Not really because in the case of Bitcoins, you can invest dollars to buy miners computers and "accelerate" the Bitcoin creating process by increasing your chances in the lottery, where as "real" time is a constant, at least here on Earth.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

It might not be real, but it really hurts when i don'n have any.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What money does is help us count things, like 1 kilogram of meat or 1 gallon of gas. Trying to use money to count and measure everything in our lives does have problems.

Where money does exist is in promoting social trade.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

America will do a Zimbabwe, adopt the NW.dOllar then take what they couldn't with dead greenbacks.
Win/Win, no collapse.

By Americans I mean the federal government. Can't tar everyone with the same brush.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Money is currency and so is Bitcoin. Money is a concept and so is bitcoin. Neither is real. Bitcoins are cyber produced (mined through a hard-drive). It takes forever to mine a single Bitcoin.

So, basically you are asking: Should we replace unreal money with unreal Bitcoin?

Here is an easier approach or something more "applicable and beneficial": Get rid of taxes. Especially personal income tax. Let the banks keep the fiat system running.

Let's talk about taxes. This topic about getting rid of "paper money" in exchange for "cyber money" appears to be just a distraction.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The love of money is what is real. Why can't people just
go to work at what ever job they're able to do for free.
Everyone works and contributes to society. In return,
everything is free. Everyone lives in a modest comfortable
dwelling and everyone is equal. You need a car for work?
No problem, it's yours. Evil would just about disappear
with no monetary system at all. Because THE LOVE
of money, is the root of all evil.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Fixing the money. A simple plan.

We need a fiat currency in the hands of the government as intended by the founding fathers.

We need to eliminate Usury, because usury causes inflation even when it is not attached to private fractional reserve banking.

Money creation needs to be based on number of citizens. The number of citizens will be accounted for each year and monies will be added to or subtracted from a federal monetary fund.

This will ensure that supply and demand dictates the value of goods not an inflationary/deflationary monetary system.

We need to eliminate all debt, since 99% of it is based on non existent money.

You own where you live. This is the fairest distribution of housing. If you live in an apartment, now you own a condo. If you were renting a 3 bedroom house, now you own a 3 bedroom house. If 2 families are renting one house, 2 families now own one house. If you are homeless we are working on it.

With 0 debt a minimum wage of $10 per hour should suffice as we transition from a debt economy to a surplus economy.

With a limited amount of money in the system, the amount of monetary wealth must be set at a reasonable limit. Fixing a monetary limit also ensures the best capitalist system by ensuring that money is constantly in circulation and not being horded. We should also agree on a maximum wage that is baded on min wage times X. We need to limit but not control income disparity.

Eliminate the federal resrve. Eliminate the IRS. Taxes based on a set percentage will be withdrawn from all deposits. This will eliminate the need for the IRS and make it easier for small business owners.

Eliminate coin and current paper currency. Three types of currency exchange moving forward, checks, bank cards and EFT.

Absolutely no Gold standard. It is a trap. Thier is a reason the price of Gold has skyrocketed. Gold will create an inflationary/deflationary model. And the wealthy will remain in control of your monetary supply. We need to make sure that rocks are only as valuable as rocks.

If the world is afraid of fiat currency, then we can back our currency with a can a food.

And for all the bankers and money movers who loose thier jobs. Enjoy unemployment until we find some environmental disaster for you to clean up. Because that is what you caused.

I call for the immediate resignation of every professor who supported deregulation. You are either a moron or a thief, not an educator.

The USA will cease to trade with any nation that refuses to agree to a universal min wage and the adoption of a universal form of payment. One dollar should be one dollar everywhere, let supply and demand work. Exploitation through trade and volatile exchanges must be ended.

Shut down Wall-Street and start over. Entrepreneurs need investors and we need a way for them to meet.

This should get us going.

Added - Bitcoin is a joke right?
edit on 13-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I've enjoyed my bitcoin run so far, I mine coins via a multipool ( mines bunch of different coins instead of one ) and I have them sent to a exchange and I'll convert them to bitcoin and guess what? I'll spend that bitcoin just like money anywhere I so please, I actually just bought a replacement psu and ram recently, I've bought silver, rented movies, bought food, tools, I mean it's thousand times easier to work with than USD and on top of that, name me a place I can put my PC to work for actual USD without me having to do anything?

I'm making bitcoin and I'm helping others process their transactions, and I don't DO A DARN THING other than maybe restart my command prompt for my miners or switch to another pool.

We'll be storing our data on the blockchain soon and you'll get paid just to help send people's emails back an forth... Welcome to the future, it's digitized

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yes a monetary system created out of nothing, backed by nothing, completely deregulated so that smart people make money doing nothing and the average guy is left working his a$$ off in an inflationary system.

No thank you. I prefer a system where people have to work and take risks to make money.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I can put my PC to work for actual USD without me having to do anything?

You don't see a problem with that?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

He neglected to mention he has to pay the electricity bill.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I would be surprised to hear that America even knows what it is doing in terms of the global economy. There are some that are pushing hard to capitalise every little bit they can, otherwise it looks like they are doing their best just to hang on and keep the machines running.

The NWO crowd is already onto America's bag of tricks, for now the USD is America's responsibility.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Of course mr Ventura

Private Central bank should not exist.

True economic growth comes from nationalised central bank.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceJohnson

Do you think it’s time we get off this system and move toward a new type of money, like Bitcoin? Let me know.

You got it all wrong. My best advice to you is get out of that f-cking third world country. If you spent more time in the company of Americans you wouldn't have all these misconceptions about the banking system.

Lol

Hilarious and dead wrong

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Near the start of Bitcoin I made a couple of them "mining". That's impossible now. Overall, I don't think that digital currency will replace what is accepted.

How long will the dollar last? There are so many things that prop up the dollar, like fractional reserve banking (if the bankers stay on the side of the dollar).

Someday, all of the fiat currencies will fail.

The dollar seems pretty strong at the moment. People like Peter Schiff say that it is going to fail soon. He also says that China's Yuan is going to collapse. I think both will eventually happen, but which one will be first?

There are so many ways that the dollar is boosted artificially, I doubt it will collapse as soon as all the "collapsers" are saying (like Peter Schiff). Eventually, it is sure to happen.

I predicted on ATS that the dollar would collapse by 2017. I still think it is possible. If it does, it will hurt a lot of poorer people. It is likely that it may last even longer, at this point. Time will tell.

I for one hope that it doesn't collapse any time soon. If it does, there will be killing in the streets-and the richest will go hide in their deep underground bases.

Money is power, but ultimately it is freedom. I know of many who have done very bad things to achieve their dreams. I wonder how they are going to live with that when it's all said and done?

By now in this world, I don't think that money should be needed. The biggest gangsters of all are the bankers. Their only interest is the % that they make off of people.

By now in 2015, the bankers should be obsolete. Will it ever happen? Behind closed doors, I think it is them that pull a lot of the strings that control society.

I have met some bankers in my life. Few of them have a conscience. The ones that do have a conscience say that this is a very dangerous world that we are living in!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

When it comes to the control of an economy, it is important it is in responsible hands.

On the issue of usury, I would start with gradually reducing the allocation and dependency of government bonds, especially as a requirement in the creation of money.

Bonds are like loans and we all need a hand from time to time. Debts have and will continue to exist. The problem is with the exploitation and lack of fair trade that can result.

Owning where you live is a great way to help grow community responsibility and connection to the land. It is not always for everyone as there is more expense and effort if regularly moving.

A minimum wage is a great start when trying to establish an economy. Award rates also help rate the different skills, pressures and responsibilities between different job roles.

Gold is just one of many resources traded today. The real wealth of an economy is in its people.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Soros' Reflexivity philosophy really got me thinking about money. Bitcoin is a super-reflexive system, in that its value is totally a product of perception, like any paper currency. My theory is its value is a product of its long term perceived price stability, people will use it when its value isn't dancing all over the place, because its really just an exchange medium. But the powerful idea there is the true value of currency are actually units of perception, units of faith. The creative world-shaping, or co-creative power of people's minds.

In a way, that's the secret behind all currency. It is something grounded in occult science, that eye on the pyramid is no joke.

I like the Spike Jonze movie Her, because it depicts a computer system that mentally transforms the user, like a human relationship would. That's sort of the missing link in computer systems, considering the effect on the user. Media, in all forms considers its effect on the user, its capacity to shape our minds, and tries to shape our minds. It follows that the ultimate currency system will also be a media system, shaping the perceptions of the users of the system. Its kind of a creepy thought, but when you look at the relation between currency and perception, it kind of follows naturally. I wonder what that looks like, and what form it could take that would be supportive to liberty and the human spirit.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I personally like the idea of rimbit digital currency.
No mining, interest gained for helping with the blockchain.
And still cheap at the moment.

Rimbit Home
edit on 13/6/2015 by UKWO1Phot because: Added link.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The Constitution gives Congress the power to coin money, thus he's wrong about a central "bank" being prohibited by the founding fathers. Article I, section 8:

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

Other than that, is it really Jesse Ventura posting this? Cool.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Physical currency is becoming obsolete and that is dangerous. The rise in cyber crime can be correlated to the rise of electronic transactions, then there is the obvious corporate fraud-the proxies, the manipulation of currency that never changes hands....

I once said that burying your money in the backyard could be the best investment you could make, when your retirement fund disappears due to a market crash, you will never see that money, hell you never saw that money to start with.

The worlds economy started with physical transactions and that is probably the safest way to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join