It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Defeats TPP Fast Track

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
BTW Some Dems support measures of it wanting some parts changed to their standards. It needs to be released in FULL and not after it's been signed in. Until then and even after anyone one needs to look into leaks and other news of the ills of this. Thanks all for efforts so far but be weary am sure they won't give up so soon.

Absolutely true. Pelosi, apparently, says she's willing to deal if the Highway Jobs program is attached. While I want the jobs program passed, not at this price. It should be able to pass on it's own. The vote against fast track authority cannot allow for us to let our guard down.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

“I will be voting to slow down fast-track,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said on the floor moments before the vote, after keeping her intentions private for months. “Today we have an opportunity to slow down. Whatever the deal is with other countries, we want a better deal for American workers.

Translation higher wages, and more benefits that make this country non competitive.

Which means MORE foreign goods will be shipped here creating HiGHER trade gaps.

Pretty much like it is now that increases outsourcing.

The 'Democrats' the saviors of the people eh.

They have no CLUE on what competition is.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's a nice short video explaining some of what is wrong with the TPP, for those that don't know.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Can you imagine the RAGE if this thing passed and Americans realized how truly treasonous their government is? Any action that usurps the Constitution is TREASONOUS ACT!
edit on 12-6-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: TREASON!!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What's wrong with TPP is any western country especially this one thinking they can 'compete' with China.

No one can.

Hell they are the 'walmart' of Asia. People want cheap goods, and no matter who it comes from.

Think 'slave' labor is bad now ?

Ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I think these scumbags know that the Proles are about to grab the pitchforks and torches.

If they were truly aware of something like that, a hell of a lot more would change. To me, this seems to be little more than a timeout for earmark negotiations.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thank gawd !

This gives us more time to spread the word about this damn TPP/TTIP bullsnip, more time to leak out the evil that's in these agreements, more time to get people up in arms about it.

Over my dead body am I going to sit back and watch 600+ corporations take over the sovereignty, governance, and regulation of my country. This agreement scares the bejesus out of me.

This is the end game for complete global corporate takeover, folks. And that's no joke.

Up until now, it's been coming at us in bits and pieces over the decades... but the TPP/TTIP agreements are, quite literally, the final bricks in the wall.

This is the end product of what corporations have been slowly clawing after for all these years.

We need to burn it down, burn it all down.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

I think these scumbags know that the Proles are about to grab the pitchforks and torches.

If they were truly aware of something like that, a hell of a lot more would change. To me, this seems to be little more than a timeout for earmark negotiations.

You may be right but I hope you are wrong. Can you believe these evil bastards?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I don't believe a single one of them on anything.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You may be willing to 'bend the knee' to corporate overlords but I'm not. No one can compete with China? Why do you want to? We shouldn't be dealing with China, no one should. Instead you think it's a good idea to turn the entire world into China? That's what the TPP and all these massive trade bills would do. The only way to compete with China is to adopt their labor and environmental policies which is what we'll get if these deals go through.

This is a good thing in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Exactly! Secret tribunals hand picked by corporations with grievances against ANY country party to the trade deal, including the US... granted authority to throw out any law that stands in the way of profit? # NO!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This isn't about becoming friggin China.

This is about foreign/international corporations dictating our sovereign countrys' laws and regulations. The safety of our foods, medicines, water, air, natural resources, jobs, housing, infrastructure... you name it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

This is about foreign/international corporations dictating our sovereign countrys' laws and regulations. The safety of our foods, medicines, water, air, natural resources, jobs, housing, infrastructure... you name it.

So I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Are conservatives pushing for this deal or just the talk radio pundits and that's why NEO likes it?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: CranialSponge

So I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Are conservatives pushing for this deal or just the talk radio pundits and that's why NEO likes it?

Nothing to do with conservative/liberal, republican/democrat crap.

Politicians on both sides of the fence are jumping on this corporate takeover train. And there's also a number of politicians on both sides of the fence who are scared #less of this thing because they know what this means for all of us (including themselves).

And they've been forced into a gag order to not be able to talk about the evils of this deal.
edit on 12-6-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The conservative talk radio pundits are against this deal by and large. This falls strictly in the laps of the politicians. In fact, most conservatives, and liberals that I know of (the ones that have an inkling that this is going on, that is) are against this bill.

Seems to me that the vast majority of the people of any political affiliation that do not hold elected positions are against this deal.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Correct, but it would essentially turn the entire world into China... via subversion of sovereignty and elected representation. Sovereignty and representation would mean nothing anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I don't believe a single one of them on anything.

Right On! Even Bernie and I like Bernie a lot, but I am so friggin jaded. I know they are nothing but a bunch of criminals. They have long since sold us all down the river. I thinks its really coming to an end though. Maybe there's a switch in time lines coming very soon. You hang in there my friend! I sending only the best wishes to you and yorn. PEACE.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Exactly.

Governance will mean nothing anymore.

We the people and the governments that we elect to represent us will have no say in anything anymore.

But I don't try to put that in the same category as China, because even China still has a few drops of sovereignty left in its dictatorial governance. Their government still has control of its country, even if the people don't.

The TPP/TTIP goes way above and beyond what's going on in China.

These agreements will wipe out any type of government ruling (democratic, dictatorship, tyrannical, communist, etc)... it will literally put full carte blanche into the hands of 600+ corporations no matter where they're located on the globe.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A More Clearer Version of the NWO Speech of George Bush SR !
One of the Scariest Moments of History Representative

George Bush Sr. New World Order Live Speech Sept 11 1991

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

My point was that China has no labor or environmental laws protecting it's own people. Zero regulations for businesses, for manufacturing because that limits profits. That's what will happen to us via tribunals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join