It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Leader and Activist Outed as White Woman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

it would be a shame if someone lost a grant opportunity to this shyster.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There should be no issue. If someone of mixed heritage can arbitrarily decide their race is this or that, not even based on how much of each ethnicity they have, then it's clearly arbitrary. People, we are told, can decide they feel male or female, even when their genetics disagree, so why can't she feel black?

Anyone complaining, and claiming it matters, is showing signs of racism, right?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Ok, all jokes aside, this kind of stuff happens more often than one would think.

Quite a few "black" folks pass themselves off as white, especially in the corporate world. People would think they are white when they are not. I am sure this happens a fair bit for white folks as well (or any race). People feeling the need to identify with another race for whatever reasons.

Since the NAACP has said they are standing behind her, no matter what, I wonder if she will continue to wear her perm, braids and fake tan as she gives speeches up on the podium. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Yes, they do! Some of mixed race arbitrarily choose one or the other, and some blacks have been known to criticize anyone with a trace of black that didn't identify as black, as well! Honestly, it really should not matter AT ALL. If race wasn't made an issue, it wouldn't be an issue.

I am curious to see if she changes her look myself. Bizzare case, at any rate!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Ok, all jokes aside, this kind of stuff happens more often than one would think.

Quite a few "black" folks pass themselves off as white, especially in the corporate world. People would think they are white when they are not. I am sure this happens a fair bit for white folks as well (or any race). People feeling the need to identify with another race for whatever reasons.

Since the NAACP has said they are standing behind her, no matter what, I wonder if she will continue to wear her perm, braids and fake tan as she gives speeches up on the podium. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

I think for me, it really boils down to if she used her claims of being black to get ahead in any way. That would support her being deceptive and fraudulent and I would think the NAACP would not want to support someone of that character.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Another syn·op·sis with a video from a few months ago..

looks like an agenda.

Rachel Dolezal's Reason For Saying She is Black

Published on Mar 3, 2015

Spokane NAACP President Rachel Dolezal says she recently received 20 pages of hate mail, delivered to the organization's north Spokane PO Box with her name on it. KXLY4's Alex LeFriec reports.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
No big deal. Maybe she was part of the NAACP's Affirmative Action program designed to increase diversity in their workplace. She should be proud that she was able to overcome the adversity of being a white woman.

Not sure if that's supposed to be funny or not, but white women actually are the largest recipients of affirmative action programs. Especially from minority organizations, like HBCU's (Historically Black Colleges and Universities).

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
She's a brave trans-racial and all you guys are just big its.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Party pooper.

Docs are supposed to be the good guys, too

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They found out because she was caught listening to Michael Bolton records

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

You know, I get that everyone is having a veritable schadenfreude orgasm over this one, but I do feel sorry for this lady. The most likely thing is that she is disturbed and has been knowingly lying. She alleges abuse and her brother is living with her and I know that everyone is saying how "off" she feels, but to be honest, her parents felt "off" to me in their interview too. There are apparent legal issues going on in that family. It just seems like a mess. If she has been lying she definitely is mentally ill and tying her up and lighting the public pyre is likely going to just destroy her. I get accountability and all; lying that way is so wrong, but it just all seems so sad too.

There are other possibilities too that may actually vindicate her (at least to a point) but even I am skeptical of that occurring. Although, even if there is some African heritage in her background no one would believe her at this point, what with the media field day and all.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Trans-racial!! Genius!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You shouldn't have to be black to be a civil rights activist.

Somehow though I feel like we aren't getting the entire story.

I must admit I know zero about this woman, however, one must remember that in recent American history 1/16th black is "black" enough to not properly be allowed to have American rights.

It's about human rights in any case, this shouldn't even be a controversy as such a sensitive issue should not be about who is "blacker" than someone else as for bragging rights, but the actual support of general welfare and human rights in our superimposed society. Something immature happened at this conference, but somehow I smell foul play in how its being sensationalized.

Like the kind of person who gets off on discrediting a real and needed movement.

Though I wonder why suspect her of being inadequate to lead a civil rights motion? Was she insincere? Or were a few members of the chapter just racist?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

What vindicates her?

In her mind, it's "a multi-layered issue that I'm not sure everyone would understand. We are all from the African continent."

Guess we're all African American then?

www.newsweek.com...

Terrible link, so many ads it's nearly broken my mobile but that's where the quote is from.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Did you hear what the NAACP had to say about it? Basically they said a persons race has nothing to do with being in a leadership position in the NAACP! Pretty friggin enlightened if you ask me! She is TRANSRACIAL so shut up and observe political trans- friggin-racial correctness! Navy-Doc your a friggin GENIUS!!! I am NOW A BLACK MAN BITCHES. I AM SO GOING TO ENJOY THIS!!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
This has happened before...maybe she's just a Jerk?

"It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi... "

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

Who's saying she has to be black to contribute to civil rights?

I've seen a lot of people say she needs to be black to...be black.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
But, but what about Trans racilism?

A guy can be a girl, a girl can be a guy, why can't a white woman be a black woman or black woman be a white woman?

Sorry Chuckie baby your the firs to utter the term transracial, which is sheer genius.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What vindicates her?

In her mind, it's "a multi-layered issue that I'm not sure everyone would understand. We are all from the African continent."

Guess we're all African American then?

www.newsweek.com...

Terrible link, so many ads it's nearly broken my mobile but that's where the quote is from.

I have to say that I can only go by my own experience here. DNA testing told me a lot about my heritage, which included African heritage, (which my family promptly through a wall-eyed fit about). I also learned that my father (yes his name is on the birth certificate) is NOT my biological father. So, while my experience is highly unusual, I can see how sometimes these things are in fact "multi-layered", not prone to a quick explanation, and they can be highly personal. I do think it's unlikely that this is what is going on with her, but... On the other hand, it sure happened to me. Please note, my biological father is NOT African American and I am not trying to imply that, (my African heritage actually comes from my mother, go figure). I look white, I culturally identify as white but I am not completely European. Maybe she did find some African heritage and felt justified identifying with that culture...? It's improbable but possible and that would justify it somewhat (but only somewhat). I say that last bit because I do still think it would be unethical of me to get a weave and wear black face in order to try to facilitate accountability in a job, even with provable African heritage.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No I get you 100%. To me, any credibility she may have had on the issue went out the window with the "we are all from the African continent" line. And that was after seeing the pictures of her as a lily white girl at her wedding and as a teenager.

Seeing her reaction to the questions about her father and being white is just icing to me. That reaction doesn't seem like "that's very personal and you're intruding" but more like "holy crapballs I have no response for this so I better run." If it was a personal thing she wouldn't have been displaying the signs of somebody stalling for time to come up with something. And then running when she couldn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join