It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New peer reviewed study: Autism is correlated with parental age.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
They speculate that the teens don't get to see the Dr. as much, which puts the baby at a higher risk.

I don't really understand this part...

Do doctors have any treatment that prevents autism?
Other than recommending abortion, I don't see what the hell doctors could do.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I was paying attention to the on going study, not the ones that disqualify 24% of the data for what ever reasons. I suggest that there were too few examples of vaccine free health statements in the study that you quoted.

I don't know about you, but the high percentage of mortality and autoimmune disabilities within the vaccinated group seems just as important as the question of autism.

www.rescuepost.com...

When it comes to my health and the health of my loved ones, well, the bigger picture seems to be the best route. The US leads all other nations in chronic illness, we rank 34th in infant mortality, and spend more on health care (sick care) than any other country. Call me naive but I don't trust expert opinion any longer, especially since so many experts are selling their soul to the highest bidder.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

You do realize that the follow up study was done by the same people that did the original study, right? Also you're the one that originally cited the follow up article. And once again there is no mention of autism in either study. So how is it pertinent to the current thread?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This has been known for a while, and should be common sense to anyone with a scientific background. Chromosomal damage is accumulative over time. It means environmental exposure to various genotoxic sources plays a role, either from the previous generations, else passed down already. We is devolving, except we're evolving, or at least we will soon enough.

What's hilarious is that what society most cringes at is what would push out cleaner, more swiftly evolved species. Kids need get busy wid it!
edit on 12-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People at any age can have messed up microbiomes....so ergo anyone can have n autistic kid.

Short-chain fatty acid fermentation products of the gut microbiome: implications in autism spectrum disorders

The microbiota modulates gut physiology and behavioral abnormalities associated with autism

Children with autism have mitochondrial dysfunction, study finds -- ScienceDaily

Gastrointestinal Microflora Studies in Late-Onset Autism

A Randomized Controlled Pilot Trial of Oral N-Acetylcysteine in Children with Autism - Biological Psychiatry

The Gut Microbiome: A New Frontier in Autism Research

Intestinal Pathophysiology in Autism

Gastrointestinal Dysfunction in Autism: Parental Report, Clinical Evaluation, and Associated Factors - Gorrindo - 2012 - Autism Research - Wiley Online Library

Alterations of the intestinal barrier in patients with autism spectrum disorders and in their first-degree relatives. - PubMed - NCBI

Low-grade endotoxemia in patients with severe autism. - PubMed - NCBI

New Gene Studies Suggest There Are Hundreds of Kinds of Autism | WIRED

Gut Bacteria May Play a Role in Autism - Scientific American

Autism Spectrum Disorder – Incidence Rates | Musings | Musings by Ask Joanne

Largest-ever autism genome study finds most siblings have different autism-risk genes -- ScienceDaily

Association of assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment and parental infertility diagnosis with autism in ART-conceived children. - PubMed - NCBI

Autism’s Gut-Brain Connection

Starting to get a good picture of what maybe developing and going on here? There maybe just as many studies on Alzheimers and Dementia, Obesity and Diabetes and the microbiome that maybe pointing not just to the child's gut but the gut that the parents maybe living with and living on when the child maybe conceived. What maybe the culprit, well, vaccines maybe likely also play a part, but when the stomach maybe wiped out form antibiotics at an early age.....c section birth, etc. I think you can get the picture. Should children from families or that require large amounts of antibiotics at an early age be getting vaccines? Probably not. Should children with potential gluten issues get vaccines or other issues related to food and damage to the intestines, probably not. Does the CDC and AMA really think much about this....probably not, at least not so much as they think about the rest of you figuring this out.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

source

In an new study from "The Journal of Molecular Psychiatry", a correlation with ASD diagnosis is found with older parental age.
Researchers were also surprised to find a correlation with younger parental age. They were quick to speculate on why the correlation would be with teen pregnancies. They speculate that the teens don't get to see the Dr. as much, which puts the baby at a higher risk

Why does this statement contain all the ingredients of blame the victim and claim vaccines have no role to play in the incidence of ASD diagnosis?

Wouldn't be surprised to read this study falls into the category of junk science one day.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Oddly, I know no one my age or younger with kids with autism. The people I know with autistic kids had them in their mid to late 30's (putting them around mid to late 40's currently)

Just an odd counter to the claim. I really do find it strange that the women with the most severely autistic kids are the oldest ones in my circle.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

So there you have it. Older parents... it's something you did. Dad is 35 and mom is 25? That is correlated with ASD too. Teens... it's your poor decision making not getting to the Dr. And for the rest of you out there thinking of having children... The exponential rise in immune system dysfunction is a problem with your genes.

So for anyone that is concerned that the increasing vaccine exposure is causing bad heath outcomes... remember. Correlation isn't causation.

Clearly the answer is to not have children... but make sure to visit the Dr. frequently to get the latest recommended treatments.

I don't know, I feel the whole ASD thing has not changed much in the last 1000 years. Go back 100 years and look at all the chemicals and bad health hazards there were that should truly lead to ASD, eat lead paint lately, as example and still about the same levels.

The simple truth that it was defined in the early 90s that created 100s of variants, and the popularity of any typical 6 year old as being diagnosed with ASD, ADHD etc is what has caused the larger increase, proof is that it quickly leveled off even after the diagnose to minutia levels tells us that it is not increasing or decreasing to any external forces.

edit on 13-6-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

People are talking like people with autism are broken and wrong. I see them differently I see them for who they are as people. Sure they can find social situations difficult and interact with the world in a different way but thats is who they are.
If any doctor suggested abortion because a baby may have autism should be struck off.
I see people with autism as a gift.
edit on 13-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

No disrespect to you OP, but that report is total crap.

Older age parents linked to ASD...oh yeah...AND younger age parents linked to ASD...sounds about right in this parallel / twilight zone world we're finding ourselves living in.

I'd like to see the stats on how many UN-vaccinated kids have ASD and compare those stats to the kids with ASD who were vaccinated...it would probably make interesting reading. I suspect it would also show this older / younger age parental report to be the total pharma get out of jail free card that it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

No disrespect to you OP, but that report is total crap.

Older age parents linked to ASD...oh yeah...AND younger age parents linked to ASD...sounds about right in this parallel / twilight zone world we're finding ourselves living in.

I'd like to see the stats on how many UN-vaccinated kids have ASD and compare those stats to the kids with ASD who were vaccinated...it would probably make interesting reading. I suspect it would also show this older / younger age parental report to be the total pharma get out of jail free card that it is.

Here you go.
www.sciencedirect.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Both don't even show a relationship between autism and vaccines.
And they've been out a while so I don't know how you've missed them...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

I ridiculed a clearly bogus and unintelligible report on ASD and you point me to yet more 'sponsored reports'..way to go pardon, how very predictable of you.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Going back to the original post, correlation is only useful in scientific studies as a starting point in research.
What's important are follow-up studies which try to specify exactly what that correlation means and what, if possible, is the cause.
Using correlation to make statements is unscientific (or par for the course in the pro-disease world).

Here's a classic example.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Pardon?

I ridiculed a clearly bogus and unintelligible report on ASD and you point me to yet more 'sponsored reports'..way to go pardon, how very predictable of you.

That was a quick reply.
So you haven't read them then? How predictable of you.
Refute the data and science and then I'll take you seriously.

EDIT: And btw, who was it sponsored by?
edit on 13/6/15 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

In an new study from "The Journal of Molecular
Researchers were also surprised to find a correlation with younger parental age. They were quick to speculate on why the Psychiatry", a correlation with ASD diagnosis is found with older parental age.
correlation would be with teen pregnancies. They speculate that the teens don't get to see the Dr. as much, which puts the baby at a higher risk.

Personal experience flies in the face of those studies ....

Daughter in mid 20's has son who develops normally till age 3yrs.

Diagnosed autistic at 4/5 years. Has also had all recommend

vaccinations.

Daughter has another child (girl) almost 10yrs later, so she is now

in her mid 30's the girl has fewer vaccinations and has grown up and

above average intelligence.

This makes me not convinced on the vaccination aspect, or age

(to young or to old) of the studies covered.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

So much money is thrown into these new age studies about Autism.

And no one wants to touch the subject of autism being linked to vaccines like MMR

I dont believe any of these studies, too much money at stake for big pharma.
edit on 13-6-2015 by RubberSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RubberSky

Oh Wakefield? Shown to be nonsense many many times.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RubberSky

So much money is thrown into these new age studies about Autism.

And no one wants to touch the subject of autism being linked to vaccines like MMR

I dont believe any of these studies, too much money at stake for big pharma.

That's the good thing about science.
It works whether you believe it or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What seems sad to me maybe that nobody really looks at the studies that were used in that "meta analysis" and trust me most of the time these studies used basically maybe under lock and key and they will not produce them on demand. That maybe how you figure out the BS, so many will retort the summary, but yet lack the actual meat of the studies in question. These maybe tricks. Then they take out the mercury and you don't ask what do they used now to kill off the unwanted bacteria? It maybe not a question of a specific bacteria killer that maybe at root, like I have shown from the studies I posted and linked to, c -section births, antibiotics during pregnancy, antibiotics after birth, sterile home environment(no pets), born in months of fall and winter(little time outside), fed formula instead of mothers milk, injected with the entire vaccine schedule.....every chance to destroy the bacteria increases the chance that the immune system will fail to protect the brain and begin attacking the host. If you pump in to that kid enough of these bacteria killing sunstances whether in shots or pills the result generally speak for themself. Read the studies, stop with all the focus on Wakefield or some celebrity and tell me you've read the studies on the microbiome before you rule out the gut bacteria getting destroyed and turning the kid into an adhd, autistic or psychotic....same with the elder with dementia or alzheimers, all of these diseases maybe preventable....does the media tell you these maybe preventable and or fixable? No, they claim no known cure, ok show me the studies. Eventually some day we will figure out how to fix most diseases by simply modifying the function of the microbiome. Vaccines affect the immune system which maybe controlled by the microbiome, Wakefield was railroaded, but nobody in the science and medical community has the guts to speak out and defend him cause they know whom calls the tune. Say he did commit fraud, then it seems he was only interested in making money, don't you all think if he just did whatever pharma told him to he would have become far more wealthy as a result? The drug companies and media are committing projection, they see greed, cause they cannot recognize it in themselves so they seek it out in others that seek to expose their greed. Also, it maybe not just about ASD, this has to do with obesity, diabetes, heart disease and most illnesses of the brain. Sick people come down with diseases, people that have healthy microbiomes don't. That maybe under your control mostly through diet. The studies that demonstrate these facts only grow in size by the day. Ask yourself, how far down on the health ladder will the USA fall before the ones leading us this way give up and admit the truth? We have not increased our infant mortality as a result on not vaccinating enough, think about it, compliance has increased incredibly to heights never seen before, antibiotic use has soared, antibiotic resistance has followed suit, auto-immune diseases have joined along as well, this maybe not rocket science, we're not building a warp drive, yes it maybe complex but point to countries that vaccinate and antibiotic themselves less and you'll find the answers about these diseases, America seems to want to lead the way in everything,ADHD, and various other problems that don't exist elsewhere in the kinds of percentages they do here, ask yourself why?
edit on 13-6-2015 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

Many words, zero substance. Or paragraphs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join