It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toba emitting hot steam and gas fumes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My word association for Toba is uh oh....

It's only a matter of time. There is already a baby Krakatoa (Anak Krakatoa) that is growing up and when it throws a tantrum I'd want to be on the other side of the planet.

There is good news and bad news- the good news is that warning systems are improving and thousands of lives could be saved, the bad news is that if there is another Toba the effects will affect the globe. It doesn't matter if it happens in ten years or in a hundred thousand years, humanity needs an escape plan.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They aren't seriously expecting a global extinction event are they?
There was archeological evidence that humans survived the last blast relatively unscathed.
The same type of tools were found in archeological digs below and above the ash layer near India.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Pole shifts happen. Not much does when they do.

Also, the asteroid that's not going to hit Earth in September is now a made-up comet that's not going to hit Earth?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
a reply to: Xeven

Disagree Humans should never leave this solarsystem, parasites among the universe isnt a fantastic scenario.

Funny , what makes you think parasites aren't already among the Universe ??

Humans are the fix, to those parasites should we ever throw off the controls those as yourselves are unwittingly programmed to be a part of.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alysha.angel
Man, have i fallen behind on this stuff. I d like to ask a question or two, since Sinabung has erupted a few times in the past couple of weeks, and shes only 35 Km from Lake Toba . taking into account the location, think under the ground and under the seabed is it possible that these two volcanoes are connected somehow and could Sinabung trigger a larger eruption say within 3 years or so , or sooner an eruption of any magnatude at Toba ?
we had that 9.2 earthquake a decade ago a bunch of signifiant quakes in the general 400 km or so area on , near and around the whole northern part of the island . we cant rule out an eruption at Toba, in our lifetime .

I linked to something that said yes they are connected but I think it is unlikely that Sinabung would trigger Toba. More likely the other way round.

The mag 9 (Banda Aceh 2004) has nothing to do with volcanoes as it was pure tectonic as were many of the other quakes in the area, several of which are in the caldera area but are much deeper down on the WBZ.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

In a way your are correct as some would survive, but billions would not which makes it pretty much an extinction event especially for the ones that do not make it!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There has been such a rise in recent earthquakes at least here in the States, and seems a lot of volcanoes on the ring of fire are erupting (not major events).t I wonder if there is a connection. reply to: PuterMan

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
From Wikipedia:

Since the major eruption ~70,000 years ago, eruptions of smaller magnitude have also occurred at Toba. The small cone of Pusukbukit formed on the southwestern margin of the caldera and lava domes. The most recent eruption may have been at Tandukbenua on the northwestern caldera edge, suggested by a lack of vegetation that could be due to an eruption within the last few hundred years.[19]

So doesn't have to be a super volcanic eruption.

A question: would nukes really be powerful enough to blast a hole in to the top of the caldera to the underlying magma and trigger an eruption? Even if the eruption wasn't ready? This sounds like Hollywood to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PuterMan

winter is coming.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
a reply to: Xeven

Disagree Humans should never leave this solarsystem, parasites among the universe isnt a fantastic scenario.

Rape ships across the universe a bad idea. A well deserved extinction of our species is long due already. I pity the innocent females our species though.
edit on 16-6-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Funny , what makes you think parasites aren't already among the Universe ??

Humans are the fix, to those parasites should we ever throw off the controls those as yourselves are unwittingly programmed to be a part of.

Shows you are naive. It will appear noble at first and then the psychopaths with their big arms and big guns quickly take over and make rape ships and rape the whole universe!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Yeah that pretty much sums up a human

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
why so less info over Mnt Sinabung....
sureley its close related ore vent of Toba system...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

I would seriously DIE of laughter if it turns
out that, ALIENS DO EXIST, and in september
the will show up at our doorstep sayin
HI THERE FRIENDS, surpriiiiiiiiise.....

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

The problem with september is that, nothing will happen unless you knows what will happen. For me its a game changer.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Watch the animals.

Watch nature.

Goodluck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join