It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Flag is the flag of The East India Company

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: dragonridr

That is true but it could still be copied before that from what the OP is referring as that one came first.

Even the PR flag resemble the stripes of the US flag, also the Cuban flag have the lines blue and white, but the start is in a sea of red, perhaps because it also goes back to the East Indian company also.

This is very interesting.

The US flag is a direct copy of the British flag. The east India trading is as well so found to be similarities. But how the US flag came to be was started in the colonies. They needed a flag to fly on ships the easiest thing was to modify the British flags. Using white to break up the red was easier then designing a new flag. Any one could add white stripes with a needle and thread. Combat at the time required a flag. On ships and on forts for identification wasn't patriotism. Flags stopped them from shooting at their side.

As I explained in 1777 they decided it was time to again revise the flag here they added the blue field and the stars. Though for conspiracy theorists they originally wanted to go with a 6 pointed star instead of 5. Betsy ross changed that or so the saying goes. There is no actual proof she sewn the first flag other then a statement by her grandson 100 years later.

East India trading would mostly fly the British flag unless they were o n slave routed in Africa then they used their pirate flag as they say.In no way did they have any input into the US flag and basically the US flag was created out of being to lazy to make a new one so they used British flags all over the colonies .

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally wanted a 6 - pointed star?
Lol wut?

I agree that EIC would fly a British - looking flag at sea to give pirates pause...but wouldn't it also signify ripe pickins, as the British Empire was one of the wealthiest at the time?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 9teen

Originally wanted a 6 - pointed star?
Lol wut?

I agree that EIC would fly a British - looking flag at sea to give pirates pause...but wouldn't it also signify ripe pickins, as the British Empire was one of the wealthiest at the time?

A six pointed star I'd the star of David that was going to be the original design. In fact there are a couple of flags they made using 6 pointed stars.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: nOraKat

Anyway, if you look through history you will find that many flags had stripes and that (in truth) there is only a few ways you can show stripes!

Is there a link here? Probably not.

your comment made me think of this link: www.loeser.us...

Myth: Since the original Flag Act does not specify the direction of the stripes, a second equally valid and widely accepted design supposedly came into being. This design having vertical stripes and a white field with blue stars.

Reality: The Flag Act of 1777 states: "Resolved, That the flag of the United States be made of thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new Constellation." Hence, the supposed "Civil Flag" does not meet the criteria of the law - its field and stars have incorrect (reversed) colors. It could not in any respect be considered the national banner since it did not meet the law.

Myth: While not mentioned on the site cited, a key part of this urban legend holds that the "Civil Flag" was first used by the Revenue Cutter Service, was then adopted by the Customs Service (and later, with some changes, the Coast Guard). Early in this evolution, the Customs Flag magically came to be recognized as the symbol of civil authority and supposedly became known as the Civil Flag.

Reality: The first half is correct. As with many branches of government, the Revenue Cutter Service did adopt a distinctive flag. But this merely means that flag represents only that one branch of government. It takes a mind boggling leap of illogic to claim this one department’s flag somehow represents an entire nation’s civil authority. By the logic of these nuts, we could also claim the IRS flag also is a national banner. Makes no sense and, again, there is no legal reference. Further, there is no pictorial evidence of the so-called Civil Flag flying in ANY setting other than the Customs/Coast Guard environment.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

The United States flag that is used/seen behind the President, court rooms etc is not the American Flag. It is the Maritime American flag representing the corporation of America, you know the one with the gold fringe around it. What , you thought it was just the flag makers making it "fancy". Couldn't be farther from the truth. We the People belong to the Flag without the Gold Fringe. It is the responsibility of the President of a corporation to make fiscal decisions to benefit the owners of the corporation regardless of empathy, common sense etc... Business is business mentality. We the people do not own the corporation. US Corporations do. Makes sense how everything the Gov't does screws "We the People" now doesn't it. IT is however the job of "We the people" to be aware of this and stand up to these tyrants. We are failing miserably.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

There indeed is a connection.

I have illustrated, in our more recent history (from the 18 century onwards) the connection between the House of Hanover (The Holy Roman Empire) and Great Britain, and of course, Great Britain to the United States, here and in this post.

.. and as I pointed out, the red and white stripes were being used as early as 976 AD by Herzog Leopold I of Austria (The Holy Roman Empire).

If you want to go back even further, and know the connection to Greece, basically the whole of Western civilization including Greece, can be traced back to the early Phoenicians (Canaanites), the first world-around traders.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Some pictures of the grand palace of the British fortress in Madras, where the English first established themselves in India in 1600 a.d..

Fort St. George, India

Sort of looks like the White House doesn't it.. only, it was built 150 years before it.

An 18th-century sketch of the fort

Some pictures of the interior gallery:

If anyone finds the picture with the actual flag in the museum, please post it.
edit on 12-6-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I prefer a more simple point of view.

Like the language we speak, we're borrowers of existing words & ideas. In other words, we're not that great at coming up with our own concepts. It should come as no surprise whatsoever that we borrowed our flag design from elsewhere. Originality would have been nice, but whatever.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

And you borrow your genetics from elsewhere..

If you prefer to imagine the United States as separate and original to make you feel more comfortable, thats ok with me.

Like the language we speak, we're borrowers of existing words & ideas.

You did not borrow those ideas from 'other' people. You *are* those same peoples.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
lol, I always knew this would be a bitter pill for some to swallow, it's hard learning one of the biggest events in a country's history was a blip on a superpowers radar, a proxy feint to secure it's lucrative assets in another part of the world. master planning, financialy sinking it's oponent in the process.

As it turns out, the Greek flag is an exact copy of the original East India company flag, the colors are simply switched. Coincidence, or something more? Is your nation just a coopted proxy? Food for thought.

www.diversityflags.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 12-6-2015 by DiggerDogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We all know that Britain ruined Western civilization. After the Glorious Revolution, Britain/England was merely transformed into a mercantile proxy for the most inhuman ideology the world has ever been plagued with. I always find it hilarious that modern Brits still venerate the days of the Empire. Like slaves worshiping their erstwhile masters. There is a reason the Western world finds itself in such a debased state today, and it all goes back to the Britain. We have made the shift into a totality of material and temporal, and completely abandoned every worthy ideal we once held. All because of Britain/England, and their weakness.

This quote by Ghandi sums up their role in all of this very nicely: “The aim of Indian civilization is elevate the moral being and that of western civilization is to propagate material prosperity. The latter is godless, the former is based on a belief in God.”

It doesn't have to be this way, and it wasn't always like this.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DiggerDogg

We all know that Britain ruined Western civilization

Maybe Britain shouldn't have kick started The Industrial Revolution. Then we could all still be living in " The Dark Ages "

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, to paraphrase a wise individual: Your civilization and your industry has been thrust on me..... and it has not added one whit to my love for truth, honesty, and generosity.

Interpret that how you will. I might share your genetics, but I am not of your mind. Free yourself.

edit on 12-6-2015 by DiggerDogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Living where I do, on the Indian Ocean coast, there is a lot of local history tied up in East India Company history (and VOC history). When I first encountered the EIC flag with the Union Cross in the canton and the 13 horizontal stripes on the fly, I was quite young, it wasnt until I later in life I read of "Old Glory", the flag George Washington allegedly raised after winning the war against England--from my perspective it was easy to make the conclusion of EIC involvement in the American Revolution, I had seen their involvement in colonialism here, and it was part of our accepted history...

Understanding the relationship EIC and colonialism is one thing however. The real eye opener was the competition (historically) between the EIC and VOC, the Dutch East India Company, and how this competition still survives in the current corporate climate. To keep this really simple:

British East India Co. became Rio Tinto, BP (via Anglo-Iranian Oil Co.) and a few other corporate identities...
Dutch East India Co. became Shell, and another group of corporate entities...

The corporate war they are waging is still going on, our whole world is shaped by their corporate interests.

Side note on the flag itself (sorry I cant reference this and if its been mentioned already). The horizontal stripes were for the naval corps, but the marine corps of the EIC used vertical stripes to symbolise the blood they shed on land??.

This topic should not be dismissed, but history has some uncomfortable truth's, especially where the EIC is involved.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've read Critical Path 3 times and don't remember this tastey little morsel.

In another book he describes the "world power structures" and the game they play as the GruNCH of Giants. Gross National Cash Heist. Whereas there are invisible giants encircling the Earth with interlocking arms and all the power plays down here close to the ground like wars and treaties are just a charade for the little people.

It seems like there is a semblance of consensous that the colors red and white are widely used in an occult function of sorts. Nazi, Ku Klux Klan, The White Stripes, etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All is connected.
I mean, how do you think it is that EVERY nation even HAS a flag, let alone the fact that they are similar in design?
The only differences are numbers and colors, and gangbangers think they are "revolutionary" lol.
Numbers and colors. Learn to speak the language, and you will understand - yknow, the language.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
East India Company was the African slave trade.

Portugal and Britain were the two most ‘ successful ’ slave - trading countries accounting for about 7 0% of all Africans transported to the Americas. Britain was the most dominant between 1640 and 1807 when the British slave trade was abolish ed. I t is estimated that Britain transported 3.1 million Africans (of whom 2.7 million arrived) to the British colon ies in the Caribbean, North and South America and to other countries.

Was the EIC filling a vaccuum in the slave-trade or was it calculated maneuverings with nefarious intent?

Check out some of the state flags.

AL and FL are similar to the British flag, but red and white.

MS and Hawaii especially is identicle to the old EIC flags.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Fascinating! Thank you for this....genuine conspiracy fodder here. I have often thought that the East India company, much like the Templars didnt just fade away, but hid themselves amongst various fronts to continue their control through the auspices of ( initially) fraternities then later corporations.

Buckminster Fuller was an incredible genius, I certainly dont dismiss anything he says out of hand.
reply to: nOraKat

The Templars are still here.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Hmmmm.....

The East India company wanted tea from Ceylon and India and had the parliaments blessing.

The commonwealth didn't want to pay for tea so they decided to take India-with the parliaments blessing.

The Boston tea Party could've been sending a message to the East India company and their good friends in parliament- "We know what you are doing in India and we won't allow the same thing to happen to us."

That's just a guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join