It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NAACP president lie about her race? City investigates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You guys are just haters and don't understand the struggles trans-racials go through.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: grainofsand

Since when does the truth matter to a liberal? As long as it advances the agenda. Google Elizabeth Warren. Last week nobody had a problem with this woman, today they are all up in arms about her. What changed? Everybody said that she was doing a great job.
Well, she lied that a black man in a picture, shown to her by a journo, was her father who is in fact white.
One might be great at their job but when honesty is questioned then it's hardly surprising that she is being criticised now.
As I said, that particular lie made national UK news even though most of us here had never heard of her. I don't have a dog in this fight so the 'liberal' label is irrelevant to me, but if you can't see a problem with her telling a blatant lie on camera, then I have to say I'm surprised.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
'All the world is a stage and the men and women but actors'..........

Could it be that the lady has read the end of the play and doesn't like the stage directions?

And the Rock Cried Out - Ray Bradbury

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
news...

Leaders with the Spokane Police Department suspended all cases involving Rachel Dolezal Friday afternoon.

The decision came one day after Dolezal's claims of harassment and race came under internationally scrutiny with the help of the internet.

SPD tweeted that all cases involving the leader of the NAACP in Spokane were suspended.

"If new information comes to light we can investigate that information," wrote SPD leaders.

SPD Suspends Case

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Rightly so, if someone is willing to lie on camera about their father being black then they pretty much lose all credibility when it comes to advocating racial crimes.
If not due to questions about her honesty, then because of the obvious secondary questions about her mental health.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't think she lied. Here are my reasons why:

1) Her parents adopted 4 Black children. Therefore her youth was spent in a household that supported some form of black culture. If she was the only biological child of her parents then the social culture of her childhood would have been black. She is identifying with individuals who were brought up as her brothers or sisters. I don't think this is a mental issue as much as a social dynamic. Do not some african americans who were raised by "white" parents are called "white" due to their identifying with situations that are considered white?

2) She attended a Historically Black University: namely Howard University. Again she was immersed in what society considers black culture. She graduated with a master's degree.

3) She had worked as a professor in Africana Studies Program at Eastern Washington University.

Therefore she has seen her self as being a part of the African American society for a very long time. You can call her misguided but if you do that you have to say that about all transgender people and that will get you into a load of trouble.

From Yahoo Finance of all places

edit on 13-6-2015 by feldercarb because: forgot link for information used in post.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

All very interesting but it doesn't explain the lie she told when pointing at the black guy in the photo and saying he was her father.
A lie so bizarre it was on national TV news in the UK, and we didn't even know who she was until this week lol.
You can try to explain it away as 'conditioning' or whatever fluffy nice psychological perspective you can think of, but please explain away the lie about the black guy being her father, was that conditioned?

As I've said, I have no dog in this fight, but it is a curious story which interests me, and as an impartial outsider she lied in the news story I saw.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

deleted by subfab

edit on 13-6-2015 by subfab because: .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
I don't think she lied. Here are my reasons why:

The problem is there is still deceit. So, yes she lied.

Did she lie intentionally? Hard to say with delusional behavior.

Her accomplishments seem to be very positive though.

edit on 13-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Is there real deceit if she actually believes she is black? The problem here is does she truly identify herself as being "black", then shouldn't we as a society accept her for who she feel she is? It is only a lie if she knowingly said she was black when she knew she was white. She may be wrong about her racial background but she may not have lied.

edit on 13-6-2015 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Agreed.
It is also rather tragic that any good work this person has done will be forgotten about because of this lie.
If she had said "No that is not my father but I self identify as black" then she probably could have got an easier ride, but I guess she was too far down her own rabbit hole.
As in my initial comments in this thread, my money is on mental health issues combined with a touch of deceit.
...I'm sure she'll do alright with a book deal, and the chat show rounds or whatever though.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The real deceit was being shown a picture of a black man and agreeing that was her dad.
If she believed that then her delusions are at a worrying point and should give cause for sick leave from her position at the very least.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Agreed if she has gone to the point where she can not recognize her own biological parents then she definitely has some real problems.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb

Is there real deceit if she actually believes she is black? The problem here is does she truly identify herself as being "black", then shouldn't we as a society accept her for who she feel she is? It is only a lie if she knowingly said she was black when she knew she was white. She may be wrong about her racial background but she may not have lied.

That's what I'm saying.

She obviously has some kind of delusional behavior. Only a medical professional could determine what's going on with her.

Yes she lied ----- but, it may not be a lie to her. She may truly believe she is black.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My guess is it was a fruitless lie, in panic, as the journo showed her the picture, then when the reality of being sprung hit she chose to escape any more questions quickly. I've been there before in life myself, and understand that.
Perhaps race dysphoria will become recognised as a condition, interesting times for sure.
I am just glad I have never suffered a psychological or mental health issue which has brought me global attention, I feel for her at that most basic point, for sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I bet this starts an epidemic of "Rachel Intolerance"

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If we can have the Muslim Brotherhood visiting the White House, we can have a white female as a president of the NAACP. Al Sharpton calls himself a man of peace and she can call herself black.

Remember,the ends justify the means! The police are bad. The government is here to help you. The news media isn't leftists. Obama will pay your school loans. We won't raise your taxes. Democrats are for the little people. Republicans are only for the rich. Hands up don't shoot. All whites are racists and don't understand the poor. Only blacks can join the NAACP. How about a white guy in the Black Panthers? A black guy in the KKK.

Make all that is right,wrong. Make what is good, bad. Make all religions, bad. Make the strong, weak...THANK YOU SAL ALINSKY!
edit on 14-6-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

'Don't blow my cover':

How NAACP leader told her adopted black brother not to let on that she was actually white as she built 'whole new identity' as civil rights activist

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... il-rights-activist.html#ixzz3d3F1cAcz

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.buzzfeed.com...

Ezra believes the only reason his sister would change her identity was due to the racism she claimed to have encountered at Howard University, where she graduated with her master’s degree in fine art in 2002.
Rachel, he added, would often complain that she was treated poorly as one of only a few white students on a mostly black campus.
“She used to tell us that teachers treated her differently than other people and a lot of them acted like they didn’t want her there,” Ezra said. “Because of her work in African-American art, they thought she was a black student during her application, but they ended up with a white person.”
He said that the experience made her angry, and it was then that Rachel started being “hateful to white people.”
“It’s like what psychologists call self-hating,” Ezra said. “She had no reason not to like herself being white. She was an awesome artist and she could have accomplished everything she did, if she had stayed exactly the same.”

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Psychology of an Ethnic Fraud: Behind Rachel Dolezal’s Invented Persecution

www.thedailybeast.com...

Histrionic personality disorder

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 113030p://bSunday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join