It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countries With The Most Engineering Graduates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Quality of education being the most important factor here?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Of the top 100 universities for engineering and technology (2015) how many are from Russia and Iran? There is one from the Russian Federation and none from Iran. There are no Iranian or Russian universities in the top 100 when considering all disciplines.

On this basis I would rather hire a graduate engineer from any university, other than from Iran and Russia.

> Times university rankings

The link tells it all: 44% of the top 100 Universities in the world are in the US.

So tell me; where did those Iranians graduate? If I were them; I'd go to China if I couldn't get into the US.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Isn't all this nationalism somewhat misplaced, as the singularity is rapidly approaching?

Once the singularity arrives we will need to be united as one humanity against the technological storm we are now creating.

We could always be friends now instead of waiting for the last minute.
There seems no doubt that the singularity is now on the horizon.
edit on 26-6-2015 by 3Bromo because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2015 by 3Bromo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Technology aids the exploration, feasibility and production stages of mines, and yes, technology can also make mining a safer industry. But, as executive lisa joan overholt points out, nothing compares to a traditional health and safety training program.
I don't know about that. Many utilities are moving toward natural gas fired power generation because there is no such thing as clean coal. Even if there was,you still have a huge ash problem.
Hope this was of help.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Well in terms of equality things are often different in the Islamic world, but Iran as an example has almost identical enrolment and completion equality in education. Engineering is a highly respected degree to have in Iran, in the US however it is less so... in fact education is not that respected in general in the US

It is traditionally what comes after that which is the issue. Where you have a PhD level engineering student who is a woman who herself (no forcing at all as much as we in the west want to picture the place as some kind of ultra backwards society) will choose to get married and then, become a housewife.

This is the problem, but, that said, even in the US there is lots of movement out there to promote 'traditional' lifestyles which is exactly the same... the women are baby machines and not much else. SOoooo yeah Equality in the top countries on those lists are not exactly cut and dry 'better'. I have real information in regard to Iran through my wife, so most of the time when we read reports and news... we have to kinda laugh a little bit.

off topic
Best example is the way the west looks at things like domestic violence... so looking at Pakistan we say oh look, all those honour killings, its so backwards, its so disgusting! But you know, when a man kills his partner in the US or a family member, or is generally violent towards his family... oh its ok just domestic violence.

If you look at the numbers, you can come to the conclusion that the two counties are not all that different :p

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join