It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Keeps Pope Waiting, Gets Told off by Francis on Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: Xcathdra

As if Putin or anybody with half an ounce of sense would give a crap about keeping some old man waiting..esp when said old man is head of a silly cult that like to interfere with children and preach lies about some god and its role among its followers.

I take it you don't like the Pope.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: TinfoilTP

To be criticized by Pope Francis will have an effect IF the Russian public hears about it.

We are talking about Russia, not China. You know Russians have access to the internet right? Or did Fox not let know that yet?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

As if Putin or anybody with half an ounce of sense would give a crap about keeping some old man waiting..esp when said old man is head of a silly cult that like to interfere with children and preach lies about some god and its role among its followers.

I take it you don't like the Pope.

Well let's be honest alot not to like about organized religions. But this seems to be more of a hatred I would think. One two many communuon wafers I guess.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I love a good joke.

Thanks for my morning smile.

I won't address the fact of the throttling of a free news media in today's Russia again, if it helps you.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I love a good joke.

I won't address the fact of the throttling of a free news media in today's Russia again, if it helps you.

Dammit! You beat me.

... cause I don't understand what you mean.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I love a good joke.

Dammit! You beat me.

... cause I don't understand what you mean.

I(n) that case, let me help you out with that:

It's a battle that threatens to put Russia on par with China -- a world power whose people experience a downgraded and closed online experience. Unlike China, however, censorship on the Russian internet is a relatively recent phenomenon, says Eva Galpern, a global policy analyst with the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "For a couple of decades, they've actually had a relatively free internet," she says.

www.forbes.com...

Beware the Roskomnadzor
That all changed in the summer of 2012 -- a year after Moscow's streets were rocked by protests. That's when Russia created the Roskomnadzor.1 Over the past two years, the agency has built out the muscle and infrastructure to take down anything it doesn't like. It administers a central blacklist of blocked sites, used by Russian internet service providers to manage the Kremlin firewall.

"We should inform you that the URL…contains information which has been recognized by Federal service on customers' rights protection and human well-being surveillance (ROSPOTREBNADZOR) as prohibited on the territory of the Russdan Federation," read the email the agency sent GitHub on October 21.

www.wired.co.uk...

edit on 11/6/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Thank you Masqua, I have no brain-mouth filter so sometimes I just say *snip*. After I wrote that, I slammed the laptop shut and jumped in the shower. Yes! you were my first thought of my morning shower when it occurred to me "wait, Masqua is Canadian, he doesn't watch fox, I should have said Sun Media". Is that weird?

As for Russia censorship on the internet, are they after political critics or crazy *snip* ? It seems like with the passing of bill C-51 we Canadians might have more restriction than even Russia.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Pope Francis waited for more than an hour to tell Russian President Vladimir Putin to commit to peace and dialogue on Ukraine.

Putin kept the leader of 1.2 billion Catholics waiting for 70 minutes -- a rare occurrence at the Vatican. At their first meeting in November 2013, he was 50 minutes late. That was about how long their second encounter lasted.

The meeting got off to a chilly start. Francis looked solemn as he greeted Putin in German with a simple “welcome” in his study at the Apostolic Palace. Putin, who picked up the language as a KGB agent in East Germany, responded with a gesture of thanks.

The two men sat on opposite sides of the pope’s desk, gazing at each other in silence as they waited for journalists and photographers to leave. Once alone, they cut to the chase.

wow, very much the opposite of Gorbachev and Pope John Paul II

cnsblog.wordpress.com... -ii-gorbachev-meeting/

one of many reports

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

probably the many Russian Orthodox catholics that putin caters too, and he himself claims to be

But hey who cares about history or even knowing the background of the subject right?!

Screw it lets just take it as an opportunity to soap box about your disdain for religion!

/end sarcasm

Just noticed your comment which I must thank you for. Had to be an American who could comment with such poor comedic effect. Is that you in your avatar pic? If so...need I say more?

My point was (for you americans) those idiots who blindly follow religion even after the horrendous human atrocities their church or temple or hut commits...these are the people not worth the life they were given. Nevermind the Pope. It wasn't so much that it was MR Putin who kept the old pedo waiting but it could of been anyone and I would of made the same comment.

My disdain for religion is akin to that of my disdain for members (I use members in place of citizens) of a certain country.

However, I am in support of said country (gov, pol sci) for many things....its just its lower people I have no care for.

PS. It's just a shame that Mr Putin is not as powerful as the pope. The pope and the Uk Queen....two most powerful!!
edit on 16-6-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I dont know if deliberately being late is childish. Its a sound tactic used by many over the centuries. it throws off your opponents head game effectively especially if they are not used to being made to wait.

A good example of someone who excelled at this tactic would be legendary swordsman and philosopher Miamoto Musashi. He would often make opponents wait hours at a duel before he would arrive. And the trick worked every time.

As for making the pope wait. Well to be fair Putin's as busy as anyone else these days and being late isn't too improprietus these days for statesmen.
edit on 16-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join