It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51's Janet Airlines...Joint Army Navy Extraterrestrial.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have lived all my life in a military town, Norfolk Virginia home of the world's largest naval base, and also being a navy brat I grew up being somewhat familiar with military acronyms. Some fifty odd years ago a shopping center opened up in our area named
J.A.N.A.F. shopping center, J.A.N.A.F. being a military acronym which stands for Joint Army Navy Air Force...so when I first heard of the mysterious Area 51's private airline named Janet Airlines my brain immediately decoded it as Joint Army Navy E.T.(extraterrestrial). I do however begrudgingly admit that Joint Army Navy Employee Transport is probably more likely though I do find it a bit odd that the Wikipedia entry says that the origin of the name is unknown but that in common radio parlance it means "just another non existent terminal". If you ask me the gov't. was arrogantly referencing Area 51's alien goings on knowing we'll never know for sure. Pure conjecture I know, but I'm too familiar with military acronyms to just dismiss it .

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you ask me the gov't. was arrogantly referencing Area 51's alien goings on knowing we'll never know for sure.

Its possible...although highly unlikely.
edit on 10-6-2015 by PrinceJohnson because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2015 by PrinceJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I like the line of thinking. Joint Army Navy does make sense, however isn't Area 51 an Air Force base? Wouldn't AF need to be in the acronym much like the JANAF shopping center you mentioned.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

That's good. You may be on to something...

Area 51 is also known as Paradise Ranch

Janet also is close to the Arabic word for Paradise (phonetically speaking) Jannah

I don’t know what all that may means, if anything

Maybe the aliens are somehow associated with area 51

and a lot of this mysterious stuff such as the DIA as well

Notice the Bedouin tent buildings at the DIA

WillTell

edit on 10-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Joint Alliance Network for Extra Tacos.

Maybe everyday is Taco Tuesday at Groom Lake...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'll admit that I'm a bit un-versed in things Area 51, but what would the Navy be doing out there? If anything, they would be buds with the Airforce I would think.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm sure there are numerous other military acronyms with the letters 'ET' in them. How many of those use it to mean Extra Terrestrial? My guess would be zero.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Definitely ET first noticed this about 1963 just before Mary Poppins came out.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My favorite has always been:

Just Another Non Existent Terminal

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Does the Navy use the term "employee" ? I have always known them as "personnel".

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Personnel - military servicemembers

Employees - civilians that work for the department

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They have them for everything "Just Another Non Existant Transport" fits snugly with SNAFU and many many more. First, you'd have to accept the whole premiss of aliens at Area 51 and not a Dissinformation campaign waged by the likes of The Aviary.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Joint Army Navy Exotic Technology
After all they are developing and flying exotic technology, even if it is ETs.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

I'll admit that I'm a bit un-versed in things Area 51, but what would the Navy be doing out there? If anything, they would be buds with the Airforce I would think.
Google Naval Space Command.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Does the Navy use the term "employee" ? I have always known them as "personnel".
I believe the people who use Janet Airlines are contract employees, not military personel.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Does anyone find it odd that the origin of the name is unknown in this day and age of internet knowledge? Was there an actual basis for the name or was the govt just being funny...just another non existent terminal.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If you ask me, the 'Just Another Terminal blah blah' could be just them having fun with the people who believe aliens are at the base.

A more likely theory is that some guy, high up, maybe even in an ATC ARTCC just named it after his wife or something.

What has ALWAYS stood out for me was that the ICAO of the "airline" is WWW. Think about that one.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Justice (league of) America NETwork

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

A few infamous people have said their paycheck from area 51 was payed by Dept. of Naval intelligence, or just the Navy, so it isn't that out of place.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Joint Army Navy Employee Transport

Is doubtful, as the base and the airline is run by Air Force

The "Just Another Non-Existent Terminal" is more of a joke for the acronym, like "No Such Agency" for the NSA.

Used to be "Key Airlines" that flew the employees into Nellis and Tonopah during the late 80's. (this was during Lazar's time)

In 1991, this contract then went to "American Trans Air" during the Nighthawk operations until '92.

The name JANET really just comes from the callsign. The aircraft are technically operated by the defense contractor AECOM since 2014, URS prior to this.

<<   2 >>

join