It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kim dotcoms meganet preps jan 2016 crowdfunding campaign and more details to be revealed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This could be a future saviour with all the attempts by Gov't and Corporations to ruin the internet.

More details to be revealed in January but it sounds like a decentralized encrypted mesh type network. The key is also that he looks to be going away from utilizing an IP based architecture .

However, with all mesh type networks the issue is with getting enough active participants within an area to be consistent and reliable. Also getting participants to overcome the fears of testing uncharted legal waters. If illegal type information is routed via your device will they come after you and hold you responsible, assuming it will be traceable ? Maybe not now ,but if this network becomes popular I'm pretty sure regulations would pass to make you responsible and squashing the network.

“MegaNet has a unique file crystallization and recreation protocol utilizing the blockchain. You can load entire websites with this new technology and it makes them immune to almost all hacker attacks and ddos,” Dotcom informs TF.

“In the beginning MegaNet will still utilize the current Internet as a dumb pipe but in 10 years it will run exclusively on smartphones with hopefully over 500 million users carrying the network.

torrentfreak.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The worst misuse of words sounding much the same on ATS is "site," "cite," and "sight."

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The worst misuse of a posts in ATS is grammar police.

With that said, not sure were [
--freebie] those words come into play but thanks for the in site [another freebie]?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Good. I will be watching this closely.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I actually do work and have been on altcoin teams, I even run a help site for cryptocurrency. This has been talked about since the begining and kimdotcom isn't the 1st, maidsafe and etherum are also doing it.

As much as having info on the blockchain that never dies or can be removed you have to also think of the negative, this means, say someone's ex posts their nudes on there and boom, there forever and I mean forever. Can go down even more dark roads with that in mind then.

It's positive in the aspect that it can create a free internet and can even go on to be more. The big problem we have today with web development is the different languages that don't mix very well and all the devices with these languages on them don't all operate the same, so devs are forced to pick and choose, like IOS having more quality content than android for one.

Soon voting will be on the blockchain, TV, billing in general, reputation, medical records the works!

Why? Think of this, say you live in smallville, USA, and you have a tornado that destroys the whole town. You lose your medical records, most book keeping and even down to the personal harddrives. Now imagine all that info ( minus personal ) is on the blockchain and the same tornado occurs, they can just get new equipment and connect to the blockchain again, and BOOM they have all that data again, since once they connect to the other nodes on the blockchain, they sync up the data .

In many senses, this is mass participation cloud storage, only there is more than one cloud and every cloud has the same info.

Imagine how voting will be done and the lack of corruption if all votes are accounted for, regardless of who's trying what. The only way to have different info than the chain is to stay offline, since the moment you go online and connect to the blockchain, that data syncs.

The Revolution shall be publicized & Digitized
edit on 10-6-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I actually do work and have been on altcoin teams, I even run a help site for cryptocurrency. This has been talked about since the begining and kimdotcom isn't the 1st, maidsafe and etherum are also doing it.

True.

As you point out, we already have an open internet and the deep web as well. No need for this I believe, however, I welcome Dotcom to this space. Given the enormous success of Dotcom’s current operations including MEGA, the serial disruptor appears hardly lacking in enthusiasm. Much earlier in the idea’s conception in January 2014, Dotcom told Max Keiser that the technology behind MegaNet could even “change the world.”

With the $100 million in funding, the research and development of other blockchain technology can be pushed forward. Who knows what good might come from it. Voting is just one idea. How about real government transparency where tax dollars are made accountable and tax payers can vote where their funds are spent. I'd like to see that done on a small scale with local city government. That would would be a real bottom up revolution and it would indeed change the world as Kim hopes to do.

Decentralize everything, start with money.

NOTE:
Max Keiser's 'Bitcoin Capital' Investment Fund Raises over $1M in Crowdfunding
cointelegraph.com...

edit on 10-6-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

As you point out, we already have an open internet and the deep web as well.

This is a little different than deep web or open ONI from what it sounds.

The deep web and ONI are destinations , what Kim Dotcom appears to be implementing is not a destination but rather taking the role of the ISP by providing access to the internet, deep web , ONI , etc via an encrypted non IP based mesh network type protocol.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes that's right, this is an internet without a delete button basically.

It's in response to twitter's censoring, and websites DDoSing, so forth.

It's the makings of a decentralized and opensourced online experience, another issue is when taxes come into place online, and yes its going to happen, because the brick and mortar stores having issues with the online stores not needing to take sales taxes. You' will soon be paid for using parts of the internet if not keeping a certain hardware ( like a miner ) on and in turn will be charged for things like sending emails, instant messages, social media posts and onward.

On the flip, you'll be paid for commenting or sharing, I mean this is the future of online living, the makings of the infrastructure for virtual and augmented reality. Look into Maidsafe and ethereum.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Exactly.

A non IP based mesh network is going to be critical for freedom of speech and small online businesses.

The gov't and Oligopoly corporations are going to turn the existing internet into another crappy controlled commercial venture that is designed to rape the consumers.

The big problem as with all type of mesh networks is getting active participants, which I think will be meganet biggest hurdle. Unfortunately, if he succeeds than I foresee regulations to kill mesh networks.

top topics

join