It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Assumes Survey Orbit; Photographs Bright Spots on Ceres with Best Clarity Yet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
now that we have the most interest pic yet y'all disappear? ahahhahahaah

Interesting but as you can see, Ceres in that pic is not in total darkness, therefore the spots could still be highly reflective mineral salts or ice.

What would be far more interesting is if the spots were still visible in total darkness.

edit on 1-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
nasa said days ago that ice is not possible, it would have melt right away in the vacuum of space surrounding the planet.

anyways, our beloved 3 miles high mountain from the top:

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

All three of these pictures show a Rover like shape on the surface of the planet, any guesses as to what this is?

edit on 1-7-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I agree they look strange and who knows? But I also realise what kind of things can be seen on pics that seem strange, but later on aren't really that strange at all. I found a great one on some old NASA photos and made a small thread about them. If you want to take a look, I will link it.

A thread about a couple of NASA photos

I understand of course that the Ceres pics are different in that they are electronic images, and artefacts on plates doesn't come into it with relation to the Ceres pics, but I see repetition and...that kinda gets me worried about artefacts.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up and keep on keepin' on sir!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Is this Planet X Disclosure?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tutoe

That object is orbiting a different star and has no relationship with our solar system at all really. So no, it isn't the classic idea of a planet x.

Sorry bout that .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

All three of these pictures show a Rover like shape on the surface of the planet, any guesses as to what this is?

Something on the lens... notice that it's in the same spot on each shot relative to the camera lens but not the same spot on Ceres.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Something on the lens... notice that it's in the same spot on each shot relative to the camera lens but not the same spot on Ceres.

That is indeed the case. The "spot" is in the exact same part of the image in each frame, making me think it is a camera artifact of some kind:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I keep saying it...

It's alien garbage...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tutoe
Is this Planet X Disclosure?

www.nbcnews.com...

Nope, just the latest in a long line of Extrasolar Planet discoveries

new topics

top topics