It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO forces crossed the Ukrainian border yesterday

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The cover story now: the convoy will join the "Fearless Guardian".

WHAT IS FEARLESS GUARDIAN?

Fearless Guardian is the name given to the U.S. training and equipping of the National Guard of Ukraine under the Congress-approved Global Security Contingency Fund-Ukraine.

At the request of the Ukrainian government, approximately paratroopers from the U.S. Army Europe's 173rd Airborne Brigade are in Yavoriv, Ukraine training 300 soldiers from the newly-formed National Guard.

The training is focused at partnering at the battalion-level and below, building a professional and capable Ukrainian National Guard to defend Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity.

NATO?

From July to October 2015, the international center for peacekeeping and security in Yavoriv district in Lviv region will host the Ukrainian-U.S. Saber Guardian/Rapid Trident 2015 exercises. The total number of participants will be up to 2,100 servicemen with weapons and military hardware. Namely, there will be up to 1,000 men from the Armed Forces of Ukraine, up to 500 men from the U.S. Armed Forces, and up to 600 from NATO member states and countries participating in the Partnership for Peace program.

Ukraine, U.S. may start joint war games
edit on 06pm3030000006 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
whatever nato troops are doing in a non nato country...

btw ISIS made blatant threats it will attack europe and usa. why don't we ship our troops there? would make more sense no?
edit on 10-6-2015 by anticitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Regardless. If the US was carving off parts of it's neighbors territory I'd be advocating for someone to kick Obama's butt back to his own border just the same.

I don't even need him to take anybodies territory, as I advocate that on a daily basis.
LOL.

I voted for the nimrod, TWICE. What a fool I was. Regardless, yeah. I'd advocate for kicking Obama's butt if he started carving off parts of Canada and Mexico for the U.S.

I respected Putin for a long time, when he was actually making strides to be part of the international community. That respect has vanished.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

The cover story now: the convoy will join the "Fearless Guardian".

No it's the only story that was confirmed by the Hungarian Border Service.

Ukraine, U.S. may start joint war games

You do understand that Ukraine has a partnership with NATO, and do train and send troops to participate with NATO activities...so what exactly is the big deal here?

Seems you and your sources are trying to make something out of nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I voted for the nimrod, TWICE. What a fool I was.

If I had a nickel for every time I have heard that...I could get the US out of debt.

He can talk the talk...but he definitely can't walk the walk.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I respected Putin for a long time, when he was actually making strides to be part of the international community. That respect has vanished.

I don't think he understands what he has lost with his Ukraine debacle.

He was respected by many...even in the states, but as you said that has vanished.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Both Ukraine and Georgia applied for NATO membership.

Both were rejected.

Both were then attacked by Russia.

WOW, The truth in a pro Russian thread lol. At least Georgia already had American troops training with the Georgian armed forces inside the country at the time, Georgia also had its best trained forces in Iraq at the time helping out the U.S. so we quickly shipped them home to see their loved ones and help kick Russia in the balls.

The real reason why Putin invaded Georgia was not because of anything Georgia did, it was because NATO assembled the largest Naval armada in history off the coast of north America for an exercise and then they all sailed in a group straight to Iran. Putin called NATOs bluff and WW3 was averted in the stands at the Olympics in China when Bush ordered the Armada to disband when Putin agreed to not take all of Georgia and push any troops toward the Turkish border. This is why the story came out from both sides that Georgia started it with Russia even though Russia had a few divisions parked on the incoming hi-ways for days before Georgia was blamed for shooting Artillery into South Ossetia.

Russia sent the whole dam Army base from St.Petersburg to Abkazsakaya before he sent one bullet into Georgia. They went under the excuse of an exercise but intell reports showed they left nothing behind, not one little thing which is not something anyone does for an exercise.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
a reply to: intrptr

Nice job!

Why the convoy of US heavy trucks crossed the border in broad daylight? What is the "message"? Donbass is far away, this is the other end of (former) Ukraine.

Zakarpattia Oblast

They arrived during the day is all (or were delayed at the border until daybreak).

After all, the EU, US (NATO) are helping Ukraine with all the arms on those trains and trucks. (I mean bandaids)

After all, the coup in Feb last year in Kiev wasn't led by the West… (it was started by Russia).

The referendums don't matter…. (voting doesn't matter).

The people in the East aren't fighting against the Junta in Kiev, they are fighting to join Russia… (lulz).

The US isn't supplying, training, funding and arming Kiev (its 'someone else').

These aren't the droids you are searching for, go on about your business, move along, move along.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Double standard? Not at all.If the US Annexed part of Mexico…

Erm… it did, and renamed it "New Mexico".

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

Russia also used to do joint exercises with NATO. That is until Putin decided he wanted to relive his glory days in the Soviet Union. And I believe it's Tussia that said they're allowed to do whatever exercises they want within their borders. But I guess once again Russia gets a pass while the pro-Russian crowd is all for Ukraine getting the shaft.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon25
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Can you provide some evidence of this because I can't find anything that states NATO rejected Membership applications from either Georgia or Ukraine?
All I could find was that Ukraine rejected to further their attempt to join NATO

en.wikipedia.org...

They tried every year at NATOs annual member sumit where nations can submit their request. NATO decided good relations with Russia were more important to NATOs members security than letting Ukraine join every time.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Both Ukraine and Georgia applied for NATO membership.

Both were rejected.

Both were then attacked by Russia.

WOW, The truth in a pro Russian thread lol. At least Georgia already had American troops training with the Georgian armed forces inside the country at the time, Georgia also had its best trained forces in Iraq at the time helping out the U.S. so we quickly shipped them home to see their loved ones and help kick Russia in the balls.

The real reason why Putin invaded Georgia was not because of anything Georgia did, it was because NATO assembled the largest Naval armada in history off the coast of north America for an exercise and then they all sailed in a group straight to Iran. Putin called NATOs bluff and WW3 was averted in the stands at the Olympics in China when Bush ordered the Armada to disband when Putin agreed to not take all of Georgia and push any troops toward the Turkish border. This is why the story came out from both sides that Georgia started it with Russia even though Russia had a few divisions parked on the incoming hi-ways for days before Georgia was blamed for shooting Artillery into South Ossetia.

Russia sent the whole dam Army base from St.Petersburg to Abkazsakaya before he sent one bullet into Georgia. They went under the excuse of an exercise but intell reports showed they left nothing behind, not one little thing which is not something anyone does for an exercise.

Your talking about Operation Brimstone which was not a NATO exercise, it was the US, UK, French and Brazil. It was not a the largest armada ever. The yearly exercise in the Pacific every year is twice the size. And the ships did not sail for Iran. That was a story that ran around until people began to check and found the ships split up and went their separate ways. I guess that part of the story never really gets around.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And that occurred over a hundred years ago. Got anymore recent examples of US annexation?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No they didn't...

Texas revolted against Mexico and won their independence. Texas remained a sovereign nation for a few years before joining the US. Once that occurred Mexico cut relations with the Us and declared war. The US repelled and the war ended when the US occupied Mexico City.

The US got the southwest as a result after paying Mexico for the war Mexico started.

If you are going to make accusations please learn about the topic before you do.

Putin invaded Ukraine and illegally occupies Crimea. Nothing is going to change that fact. Just as the OP has nothing to do with NATO.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Putin invaded Ukraine and illegally occupies Crimea. Nothing is going to change that fact. Just as the OP has nothing to do with NATO.

According to who? Mr John Kerry the worlds policeman.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Xcathdra

According to who? Mr John Kerry the worlds policeman.

no russias military seizing crimea and fighting in e Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Texas revolted against Mexico and won their independence.

Aww, crap. Did you just omit Manifest Destiny from the history books? For shame.

Man·i·fest Des·ti·ny
noun
the 19th-century doctrine or belief that the expansion of the US throughout the American continents was both justified and inevitable.

Same crap different era.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Which doesn't change the fact of texas revolting, being a sovereign nation, joining the US and mexico declaring war on the US and loosing.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The heavily laden convoy of US military manufactured trucks at the Hungarian border with Ukraine were photographed just before crossing into Ukraine.

Just like the thread title states.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The heavily laden convoy of US military manufactured trucks at the Hungarian border with Ukraine were photographed just before crossing into Ukraine.

Just like the thread title states.

Nice try... read the thread title again and explain to us how they are NATO military vehicles. Considering the OP says nothing about NATO.. Doesn't even mention NATO, I am eagerly awaiting your explanation.
edit on 10-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join