It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO forces crossed the Ukrainian border yesterday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

So Ukraine wanted Russia to invade them, without being part of NATO? Yeah pretty sure anything you say can't be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

anything you say can't be taken seriously

The truth is out there:

Another example:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Your kind of proving his point here you realize that don't you??

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

My point, yout point, his point... What is the point?

It’s been a year since my rose-hued (though already stained) worldview crashed, a year of facing the bare harsh reality of the way things work in this beautiful cruel world, a year of peeling off my treasured illusions, one by one. My comforting illusions about living in a morally-superior, humanist liberal society, which respects and cares for human lives around the world. My treasured illusions, which I would still cling to if I could, but which do not stick to me anymore.

The Western Backed Assault on Donbass Shattered My IIlusion of Living in a Compassionate, Humanist Society

First they came for Iraqis, and I did not speak out— Because I was not an Iraqi.
Then they came for Libyans, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a Lybian.
Then they came for the Syrians, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a Syrian.
Then they came for …. East Ukrainians and….

Never in my wildest nightmares have I imagined that the land that I was born in will be bombed and shelled with the support of the West.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
first thing that comes to mind...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Agreed that Vladimar Putin is ONE of the problems...

As are many of our world "ahem" leaders...

Just wanted to point out that you sound kind of "Anti Russian"... please read through your past posts!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

edit on 10-6-2015 by Nibbles because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
You have to feel sorry for the Russian people. Look at this mess they have been put in. Putin though he could distract people at home with a quick political victory in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. He was under illusion that like Russia's create a rebel area, and then send in Russian troops to carve out a piece of a country that they had pulled in Georgia and Moldova with almost no reaction from the West, that it would happen again. The bad news for Putin is that the US was not laser focused on Iraq and Afghanistan anymore, pretty much ignoring the rest of the world. And the West responded.

Sort of. Unwilling to fight for Ukraine or even arm them. The West took the symbolic sanctions route. So yeah we support Ukraine but, no so much that we are going to something like sign them for the EU or NATO and offer them protection. It seemed like a Russian win. What was not planned was just how weak and vulnerable Russia's economy is. Vital to Russia was western investment and dollars. Russia economy of oil. gas and guns simply is to vulnerable in the modern world. With its economy in the tank, world opinion against it, China (Putins great hope) refusing to take a side, and the Russian backed rebels in complete collapse and drinking and stealing everything they could as the ran east, Putin pulled the military card. After Russia's terrible performance in Georgia, they tried to reform the military. However the same problem that had caused the problem in Georgia remained, massive corruption.

So now you have a shrinking economy, find yourself isolated on the world stage, your enemies now united against you, your military failing you, your people get restless as the lies mount and get more unbelievable every day, your only move is to crack down on any opposition be it a person, the media or even the internet, and you have no solution in sight. Meanwhile your enemies in West have not even broken a sweat and have your country in dire straights. To make matters worse your biggest arms partners have lost faith in you and have turned to the West. And in your worst nightmares the West begins to arm Ukraine.

How do you get yourself out of this mess? Either lose face and give up in Ukraine or just keep up what your already doing and hope for sort of miracle. Either way the last person you want to be right now is Putin. Every time you hear footsteps outside your door you have to wonder if this it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Isn't it funny how how the people that were critical of all the threads that purported to show pictures of Russian troops in Ukraine are nowhere to be seen in this thread? Where's the proof these pictures were taken at the border crossing they claim to be at? Where is the proof this is even Ukraine? Where is the proof this convoy is even NATO? Considering the fact that everything's pretty much on flatbed trucks I'd say this looks more like a delivery of goods than a military force.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Isn't it funny how how the people that were critical of all the threads that purported to show pictures of Russian troops in Ukraine are nowhere to be seen in this thread? Where's the proof these pictures were taken at the border crossing they claim to be at? Where is the proof this is even Ukraine? Where is the proof this convoy is even NATO? Considering the fact that everything's pretty much on flatbed trucks I'd say this looks more like a delivery of goods than a military force.
Because most reasonable people on this board don't resort to the tactics of shills and sockpuppets to spin a false narrative.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Honestly the thing I found most amusing while reading this thread. Is everyone ignored the word " logistics " . Hell I couldn't even tell whether the drivers were NATO or privately hired transport drivers ?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Even if they could prove it was NATO, it looks supplies and supplies of the none violent nature, i.e. petroleum and transports. I could not see any artillery or anything otherwise.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Honestly the thing I found most amusing while reading this thread. Is everyone ignored the word " logistics " . Hell I couldn't even tell whether the drivers were NATO or privately hired transport drivers ?

Yah, who cares about the picture or the equipment NATO is sending across Ukraines borders. Unlike Russia, that isn't doing this (wheres the pics).

Just a heads up here folks: Certain member here taking over this thread and drawing attention away from the "evidence" in the OP, are using disinformation tactics of deflection to make this a thread about the Evil Putin and Russia's "Invasion of Ukraine".

Right up front and even the top of this page they declare Ukraine is not a member of NATO, "And never has been".

A quick look at the NATO web site shows they are "partnered" with NATO, (a gentle euphemism)…

NATO "Partners" list

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Because most reasonable people on this board don't resort to the tactics of shills and sock puppets to spin a false narrative.

You mean like you? Your narrative just then was so un informative. Do tell us what is on those trucks and where they are heading.

Or be the sock puppet, whatever.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

NATO does not belong on Russia's border with Ukraine. Russia does belong on Ukraine's border with Russia. Don't you Yankees see this? Don't you see why Putin acts to defend his borders from Americans?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Because most reasonable people on this board don't resort to the tactics of shills and sock puppets to spin a false narrative.

You mean like you? Your narrative just then was so un informative. Do tell us what is on those trucks and where they are heading.

Or be the sock puppet, whatever.
And here come the personal attacks.

I never even suggested to know what's on the convoy, nor will I pretend to be informed of it. I only said that reasonable people don't become indignant and demand "proof" when the pictures tell the story pretty clearly.

Regardless, this is the only time I'll reply to you. I know what you are, and I won't participate in your little game.

Have a good day.
edit on 10-6-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You kind of have to wonder if Russia is going to go through another destabilizing crash like at the end of 1991.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

And do you not see that NATO isn't actively recruiting these nations. They even denied Ukraine's application. However, these nations are flocking to NATO because of an increasingly hostile Russia. They don't want to end up like Moldova, Georgia, and now Ukraine. If NATO is in the area it's only because they were asked by a sovereign state to be there. And Russia only has themselves to thank for that.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Your post was demeaning enough, suggestive that shills and sock puppets question the status quo and "spin false narratives". I just pointed that out. Stay tuned for some information about the vehicles in the convoy.

You have a nice day, too.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

NATO does not belong on Russia's border with Ukraine. Russia does belong on Ukraine's border with Russia. Don't you Yankees see this? Don't you see why Putin acts to defend his borders from Americans?

Yah, on both accounts. I am American and see this. The others here do also, they are just dragging content off the page and burying it under a ton of "Evil Putin".

The usual suspects are arriving in Force for this tactic.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

who cares about the picture or the equipment NATO is sending across Ukraines borders.

Actually NATO and the United States has fully admitted they are supplying non lethal aid. I don't know about everybody else but I prefer to believe the side that is being honest .

You are familiar with the term logistics aren't you?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join