It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians who allegedly posed naked on Mount Kinabalu barred from leaving Malaysia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This is why no one in the world likes Canada. Thank goodness I live in the United States!

Thank goodness you don't live in Malaysia...

Officials have said a group of foreigners – including two Canadians – broke away from their entourage and stripped naked before taking photos at the mountain peak on May 30.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

You say crazy? Is it really?

I say it is "crazy" to be accused of causing the earthquake by posing nude in a front of a mountain. Yes.

You do not find that absurd in the slightest way....?

How is it different from those who (Im laughing so hard here I really am) believe in Allah and god and jesus and Noah and the budda and whoever and the things they do like pray and worship their funny little religious things everyday or kill in the name of religion or the fact WE ALL have to respect other peoples religions?

I, personally, cannot stand religious dogma of any kind (I live according to my own light) and do not believe in any of those names you mentioned. I feel you.

Yet, one must respect others religious traditions and beliefs.

One wouldn't walk into a church, mosque, synagogue, temple, etc. and urinate in those places or pose nude on its front steps despite not subscribing to such beliefs and doctrines.

It the exact same nonsense as the Malaysians and their spirit mountain beliefs.

I agree, but being accused of ticking off the mountain spirit which resulted in the EQ is still crazy. Unless, of course, you believe they indeed cause the EQ.

Do you believe they caused the EQ via their actions?

* I believe they should be charged for violating local laws (public nudity) but the other accusations are indeed crazy.

edit on 10-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How stupid do you have to be, to say those things while in trouble for breaking the law.

Very stupid!

No one forced him to go there.

My thoughts exactly. Sometimes when you are looking for trouble you find it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I guess they got in trouble, eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OldIsNewAgain

Is it because they have no class

A: It was a disrespectful and classless thing to do. They fully knew it was against the law and were aware that the mountain was sacred to the inhabitants of the land. I agree; the lack of class was evident....

I have gone naked many times, but that was in Southern France and St.Maarten where it is accepted.

Choose your spots....

;-)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

My sympathy is somewhat limited.

Mine too. I'm with you.

As for causing the earthquake? Less said about that particular idiocy the better...

I feel you.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wonder if the first persons ever to ascend the mountain had clothes. Times have changed, if so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join