It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Horrific' Police Beating in California Caught on Camera

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I think I'm starting to figure things out quite well for myself thanks.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Obviously

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just to chime in with my 2 cents. First, a person amped up on meth or pcp can take a lot of people to subdue. I am 6'1" 220lbs and been trained to take as many as 11 attackers. Coming out of one surgery I had, I thought I was being tortured for information due to the effects the drugs had on me. Training kicked in and I came off the table fighting ripping apart all the previous 4 hours of surgery before they were able to put me back down to redo the whole job again. Drugs can do some amazing things to people and police are all aware of that. If I was on something that amped me up it would seem that officers trying to arrest me would be using excessive force, which would be necessary. I carry every day and one thing I tell people is that if you are going to carry, you better be able to fight. There are instances when deadly force is not authorized and you not only have to defend in a physical fight, but you better be damn well able to defend your weapon being taken and used against you. I have taken numerous firearms from people that pulled them on me. You have to realize that these officers are trained in a similar manner. They are well aware of the fact their firearms could be, and have been in other cases, taken and used against them.

I also tell people that a fight with the government or authorities is a matter of escalation. No matter what you do, they are going to use the next level of force. Not in civilian, but war you can see this go all the way to nuclear force! The government is not going down without unleashing their power in most cases. Back to the police issue, the individual was on a drug and alcohol that made him very difficult to apprehend with standard force. Once the officer is in the fight, training is what is guiding them. Like for people that have been in the military can attest, training takes over from memory in a hairy situation. They have been trained over and over on force escalation. For example, you pull a knife and they pull a gun.

This needs to be automatic for many reasons. Now I am not defending shooting a man in the back 8 times while running away. But this character in the video was not going down, complying, etc. He was fighting them and got what he asked for. The tasers were ineffective which could indicate the effect the drug was having on him. You can't get into a knock down drag out when you have deadly weapons holstered on you. Hell, if that was the case the only officers would be world class martial artists. In this case considering everything, the force here is a non-issue. He got the force necessary to stop his fighting. Next time maybe he needs to comply with lawful orders and stay off the drugs and alcohol. Wouldn't have happened if he just complied. You are not going to win a fight on the streets with authorities. That fight is for later in the legal arena.

edit on 10/6/15 by spirit_horse because: typogrammatic discombulation

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can see this as case where police may need to use more force then normal due to the physical state of the person they are attempting to restrain.

That said, acts such as an officer arriving late and his contribution is to kick the person, is wrong. Get a grip officer. That has been seen in several incidents.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Maybe the dude should stop drinking... and doing meth?
Oh.... and beating his mom.

IT..IS..NOT..UP..TO..THE..POLICE..TO..DISH..OUT..PUNISHMENTS

Can you guys not get that through your skulls? Its a pretty f*king simple thing to undersrtand.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Can you guys not get that through your skulls? Its a pretty f*king simple thing to undersrtand.

It wasn't punishment.
It was an arrest.
If the fine upstanding citizen had followed instructions, he likely would not have been struck with a baton at all.

What are the police supposed to do in this circumstance?
Asking him to submit did not work.
Tasers did not work.
The other option that I could think would be if they just gave up and went on their merry way. Or should they have assisted him in his previous task of beating his mother and throwing her into oncoming traffic?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DestroyDestroyDestroy

Maybe the cops should stop using excessive force... and killing people?
Oh.... and covering each others asses.

Did they kill this guy?
He needed to comply.
I am not a cop cheerleader, but this guy got a 45 second beat down because of his own actions.

He got a 45 second beat down because they arnt trained properly thats why!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

It wasn't punishment.
It was an arrest.
If the fine upstanding citizen had followed instructions, he likely would not have been struck with a baton at all.

What are the police supposed to do in this circumstance?
Asking him to submit did not work.
Tasers did not work.
The other option that I could think would be if they just gave up and went on their merry way. Or should they have assisted him in his previous task of beating his mother and throwing her into oncoming traffic?

No no no...im repying to your comment about him getting what he deserves because he did drugs and beat him mother. And im saying its not up to them to dole out the punishments

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If none of you can watch that video and state that it was not excessive then you must be watching an entirely different video to the one I see.

I often wonder if the American public understand the following principle on law enforcement...police are not allowed to act as judge, jury or executioner in any way shape or form. Police are not allowed to punish. In this video they were punishing. No attempt to restrain was properly administered. You can dance a suspect around the floor on the end of a taser and make it look like he's fighting.
Even when he is subdued, he still receives a beating...what's that all about?
Two cops in that video should be charged with assault, and the other cops should be charged with abetting them. No cop should allow other cops commit brutality!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

A good start for Mr. Velasco to avoid arrest would be to avoid doing the very things that I noted. In fact, if he was simply using meth, the police may never have been called. Beating his mother was the problem that had people phoning the police.
I think he may have been beating his mom because he was drunk and high on meth.... just my opinion though.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Maaaayn, US cops are rubbish. They should hire rodeo Cowboys. They would have had that guy lassoed and trussed up in seconds. all they would need was a large wooden pole to carry him off to jail.

Absolutely the best idea I have heard yet!

Self-policing is working well, as we have seen on display in Chicago for year, now. They are cleansing the gene pool, one felon at a time. Weekends are best for pool cleaning. Baltimore is now bypassing every other state in the self-policing category, with one of the highest murder rates, and you don't even have to wait for weekends there! Yep, it's going well, swimming anytime in that pool.

However, for those states where they are at least still willing to give it a last gasp before Obama fully engages all states (not just the 6 cities he used his mighty pen to order Federal policing in this this weekend), hiring some cowboys with lassos seems like a great idea! Give them some body armor to hide under those chaps and flannel shirts, and yeehaw! Giddyup!

www.tpnn.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the people are going to bite the cops in the ass.

it's going to happen.

just a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You! Blam... snap crunch. Attacked! Blam...Blam...Blam Your! Smack..
....SMACK.. CRACK ....Pow Pow.... thonk Mother!? Slam.Slam..Wham
WHAM!

Seems they were intent on leaving nothing for the inmates to
ponder over.

The lesson here is obviously don't mess with mama!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
snip....
One rotten orang in a 5-lb bag does not mean the rest need to be considered rotten as well.

snip...

It is true that the one bad orange doesn't mean the rest are bad but if left in the bag, the entire bag will rot. And so it is with the cops, one can spread the rot and corruption if not promptly removed.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse
Which police force do you know of that trains officers to beat people over the head repeatedly after they are subdued?
Which police training includes one officer holding down the perp while another beats him on the head repeatedly while he is down?

You can't be serious!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here's my take on the subject: A roid rage cop is worse than a meth head...... Think about it.

edit on 15-6-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: DestroyDestroyDestroy

so you support the suspect beating the # out of his mom and taking a very dangerous and destructive drug combined with the use of alcohol in excessive amounts then i take it? would you have the cops ask the violent man to politely restrain himself and kindly pretty please stop beating up your own mother? or would you rather the cops step in and help the poor lady out?

pick one, defend the action of the criminal or support the mother whose getting the hell beat of her by her own son.

No one wants to defend a meth head mother beater but its not the cops job to exact vigilantly justice on the sidewalk.

The cops have unlimited force capabilities, courts and judges behind them. You can't just ignore these power dynamics. If 4 regular guys were walking by and beat this guy up I wouldn't so much mind but when the police are involved they need to only apply the level of force necessary to handcuff/arrest the suspect.

The line is crossed too often. A handful of cops can and should be able to subdue an unarmed suspect without beating the crap out of him/her.

Is that what they're trained to do? Is that how our legal system works?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join