It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #50: The Strong Sight Program, Where The BS is Strong

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Today, with our landmark 50th episode, we follow another viewer submission and take a close look at the Strong Sight Program, supposedly developer by a Dr. Benjamin Miller. Dr. Miller claims that the eye-care industry tried to pay him half a million dollars to keep secret, his method of improving eyesight. Never mind that we couldn't find Dr. Miller, or that stock photography has been used instead of an actual photo of himself, there's another doctor claiming Miller stole the eyesight improvement method from him! It gets even more weird as both methods are based on complete BS from the 1920's, and have been repeatedly proven ineffective in improving the quality of vision. Just like the Memory Healer Program, another scam falls by the wayside.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com
edit on 9-6-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Jesus!! who would name their son Gayelord? lol

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So, to summarize ====> "Hi, want to restore your vision? Well, I'm a doctor therefore myopia, macular degeneration and other optical terminology etc so just part with cash and I'll show you a picture"

Real Eyes
Realise
Real lies.

BS indeed.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Lord of happiness?

Who wouldn't!

Grats on your #50 NLBS!

Pretty fine indeed, everyone is looking for the easy way breakthroughs, get their 15 minute if fame. . Sad part is, people still pay these kinds of deceitful people..

@Sublime - nice, sir

edit on 9-6-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I mean, who falls for this stuff?

Its kind of like those Nigerian Prince emails, or emails with viruses attached....who falls for those enough that it keeps them coming? When PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute" what he was really saying is "The world is full of stupid people".

Even after Paul Karason turned himself into a smurf, people still go on and on about colloidal metals. Meanwhile, he got all the health benefits that come with dying at 62 (which isn't exactly a ripe old age).

Who falls for this stuff, even in the face of overwhelming contrary evidence?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This one weird trick...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

What a huge load of BS. That guy doing eye "exercises" made me laugh. "Look left as hard as you can." What kind of crap is that? I really hate these scammers that take advantage of people. They're the scum of the earth.

Charity ideas: either something for veterans (not sure how that would go, as there are non Americans on the site) or something to help the homeless.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
After seeing this video all i can think of is, has someone called Saul yet?

About why people keep paying for snake oils, when you are going blind you will do anything to stop it, in most cases anything but going to a real doctor
edit on 9-6-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

There wasn't anything wrong with the word "gay" until it was hijacked by the homosexuals. It didn't have the negative connotation associated with it until sometime around the mid-twentieth century.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Could'nt agree with you more.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I never heard if this and I wonder how important it is overall.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The BS certainly is strong with this one!

Although I can see some sort of physiotherapy being good for someone who has a problem specifically relating to the muscles around the eye (as my sister once did, and wears corrective lenses for), there is no way that any amount of exercise can mitigate the symptoms of things which actually affect the eyeball and retina itself. Abnormalities in the iris, pupil, or the retina, God forbid, are serious, and require professional opthalmology in order to correct or mitigate.

All that is needed to see the wood for the trees here, is a very basic understanding of the human anatomy. It just goes to show how much of a scam this is. You can always tell someone is a wrong'un, when they aim their products at those who lack the information required to be discerning in their purchases.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Outstanding work Joe!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Someone who doesn't have knee-jerk silliness related to names that might have alternative connotations.

There's nothing inherently negative about the name.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I watched that eye infomercial one day....there was some bad spelling of some very simple words, knew it was a scam!

if only we could fix our eyesight so simply.........keep revealing the bull#e!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Some Foker

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Nope... It's a bloody stupid name! If a parent were to use it in the modern world then they both deserve all the ribbing they will no doubt receive.

Good episode though. Can't beat a bit of snake oil.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

For a start, the word gay doesn't have negative connotations unless you are a bigot.

And secondly, the word gay has meant many digferent things over time such is the ever changing world of language.
For instance at one point a few hundred years ago it was used to describe a man that slept with many female prostitutes.
Later on it also meant somebody that is carefree.

And then in the 21st century, gay males used it as homosexual sounded too clinical and impersonal.
So now we have straight/hetrosexual and gay/homosexual........ But then I don't see you getting your bigoted knickers in a twist over straight having other meanings.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Medical fraud is as old as man.

Snake oil, and any number of other "cures" for what ails ya... Just pony up 19.95 plus shipping and handling, and this miracle cure can be yours.

After all, how wrong could all those infomericals be?

new topics

top topics

join