It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NERD ALERT...Top 25% Badge from Seti@Home!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Not really breaking news, although it should be amongst us Setians anytime someone reaches a milestone. Because, milestones equate progress and progress means closer to our goal.

However, I just got my first badge. Top 25% badge from Seti@Home and I'm elated! I made the decision to dedicate one of my computers which is a MAC OS X (10.7.5 as far as I can go with my current old a$$ 2007 MAC system) with a mere ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB and 2 TB to SETI, Enigma and Einstein workloads.

I'm also rising quickly in the ranks with Enigma and Einstein currently running over 25,000 work loads a day separately. I'm sure many of you have already received this badge or a higher status. Very sure you felt like you're doing your part and I'm very excited to be writing about this simple contribution.

What the hell else would my computer be doing when I'm not here on ATS ranting and raving?

Hey wait....am I gonna get in trouble for posting this?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
Hey wait....am I gonna get in trouble for posting this?

I don't see why. That's been part of the site forever. I'm indebted to them. I wasn't into it but the coworker that turned me on to ATS was.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You won't interfere with my link from the homeworld. We are using a totally different system than they are looking for. Way out of the frequency range of human technology. They are using rabbit ear technology, we use mouse ear technology.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You won't interfere with my link from the homeworld. We are using a totally different system than they are looking for. Way out of the frequency range of human technology. They are using rabbit ear technology, we use mouse ear technology.

Wait a minute...wait a minute, who's we and what technology are you talking about? I suddenly feel like Bugs Bunny:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

As often as Bugs Bunny seems to travel through Albuquerque, you'd think I would have seen him by now. Oh....Crap....That wasn't him that ran in front of my car the other night, was it?

Nice job on the milestone!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I could tell you were excited with your post. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your milestone .

S&F
edit on 8-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Awesome, and thank you for reminding me about this. I listened to a podcast with one of the SETI members and he mentioned SETI@home, but I forgot to start it. As soon as I saw this thread I jumped over and signed up.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Congrats!! I am envious x 10.7.5 !

Having heard about SETI@home, I don't quite know its purpose. Can you enlighten those of us who may not know why you have a badge and what you did to earn it?

Thanks much!!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yes please share some information. I have heard of this before and I think I may have even looked into it at one point but that was all the further it got.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Congrats on a badge well earned, I was with S@H a few years back before my computer blew up. I do a few Zooniverse projects now and again, I should probably get back into it.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

To make it simple as possible, SETI@home utilizes members PC's as a 'filter', it runs in the background and does not require any input. The fact that the OP has a dedicated PC to do this is commendable.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I would use a dedicated computer as well...giving anyone access to your computer seems a bit, well, risky these days.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well, umm -congrats, mate! - but are you part of the AboveTopSecret team on SETI@home? If so, are you using your PublicEnemyNo1 handle or another - cuz I don't see your on the list at all...

Well - if you're NOT on the ATS SETI team, you should join us! If you ARE on the ATS team - where/who are you?

Be sure to join the "official" ATS team (set up by Amigo Simon Gray; AboveTopSecret.com) and not one of the several other teams that are calling themselves "Above Top Secret" -something else...

Happy Hunting!

edit on 7/22/2015 by Outrageo because:

new topics

top topics

join