It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About The Great Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Okay, I will make this short and get to the point.

When people "glance" at the pyramid, they will tell you it has 4 sides.
I am sure many of you here are aware of the fact that it is really like 2 "angles" per side.

My question is......

Is there any evidence to suggest the outer casing once reflected the interior design, which would be the face of the Great pyramid as we see it today.
Is there any historical reference or any mention of this is in anyone's observation? Or is there anything that would allude to the idea of the outer casing having the "double-per-side".

I have this saying I like to use when dealing with the pillaged, and torn empire of Kemet, The absence of evidence does not equal the evidence of absence. I think that's how it goes lool.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I have never seen any evidence that reflected that it would not have shown the 8 sides it actually has, I would work under the assumption that they would not have been hidden in the final product and that they were intentionally built that way. I suppose I would be interested to know as well and if that in fact served a purpose, as I'm sure they did. I still can't and wont ever believe the simple tomb theory. If only we could ask them, it's so hard to sift through modern archaeology which itself has so many biases and inability to change unless beaten with a stick into accepting a new way of thinking... anyways I've gone way off subject.... 8 sides reflected in the outer casing... anyone know?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

That's a really good question. I would assume that the casing stones would probably not have reflected the angles that give it "eight sides", since they are so minute and the casing stones would have been (relatively) thick. That's strictly a guess, however.

Harte? Hanslune? Any insight?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Permutation

Good link here

Seems like it was intentionally made that way, I wouldn't like to say why. Always been a topic to interest me though so I'l be keeping an eye on this thread

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

No evidence either for or against it, so far as I know.

But I'm noting like an expert in the field.

I would think, that if you go to all the trouble of doing it inside, you'd want to reflect that outside, too.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thanx for responding.

I don't know. I can throw stones on both sides of the fence.
Maybe its function requires the layer underneath the casing to only have those angles, or maybe the function and purpose required the same angles to be present throughout the outer layer as well.

Its very hard to tell.

Permutation : You didn't go off of subject. Your opinion and thoughts are welcome. However I agree, I do not believe the tomb theory since they themselves tell a completely different story.

Admire the Distance : Thank You. That makes sense. It makes you wonder though.

Conz : I agree I believe the inner layer had a function and purpose. You can speak your mind here bro. Tell me what you think? Feel free to msg me. BTW I just checked the link out and that was some info I let slip my mind. I am familiar with that info and based off of that link alone it would make perfect sense to suggest, the outer casing did have the angles. TY

Seagull : The fact that I have found no evidence for it or against on my small little journey lead me to create this thread. I was just thinking and I wonder what the Giza Plateau really looked like.

edit on 8-6-2015 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: An addition

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Here this is part 3 of a series that delves right in to the great pyramid,talks about how it is actually an 8 sided pyramid,also explains how the sides added up together make the speed of light,the pyramid is built using the golden mean ratio....etc etc,...enjoy

edit on 8-6-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

ugh... vid will not embed for some reason here is the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

My theory, and I've seen it echoed, or I'm echoing them..., the Giza Plateau, or rather the structures on it, reflect to a greater or lesser degree, the celestial vault.

Archeo-astronomy. There's evidence of this all over the world, not just in Giza, of course.

As I said above, I'm nothing like an expert, but certain things do kinda stick out at times. It's the reasons that cause the disagreements.

The pyramids served several purposes. Tomb. A pointer to the stars. I'm sure there are other theories out there, but my brain is telling me it's really late...

To answer your question to me: Giza must have, in some way, been meant to reflect the skies above, and it's appearance would have reflected that... MHO, of course.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I just had another thought, and this is strictly speculation, since I know next to nothing about the original casing stones....Perhaps the "extra" angles served as a means of keeping the outer casing stones in place? I could picture the casing stones wrapping around the corners a bit, thus "locking them in" there, and perhaps they sort of "locked in" at the center of each side as well?

Again, pure speculation, as its' after 2am, I've been drinking, and I know almost nothing of the casing stones. Take it for what its' worth, lol.

Edit: Since I forgot to earlier....S&F

edit on 6/8/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Menkaure's pyramid was flat, but above the granite the packing-blocks formed a concavity in the center of each face. The evidence indicates that the concavity is a functional feature of the core structure that was hidden from sight when the casing stones were applied. So the core was either designed that way for stability. Or the other theory I heard is the plum lines saged in the middle making the measurement off and they correct it wirh the casing stones. To me the more logical is the casing stones in the center would be larger helping them stay in position.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
Conz : I agree I believe the inner layer had a function and purpose. You can speak your mind here bro. Tell me what you think? Feel free to msg me. BTW I just checked the link out and that was some info I let slip my mind. I am familiar with that info and based off of that link alone it would make perfect sense to suggest, the outer casing did have the angles. TY

Well for me and the rest of the world the great pyramids will always be a huge mystery. Read so much about the water systems that were found and speculated on, main points being they may not have been used as tombs as previously thought, but actually power generators (if you've looked into the whole wireless electricity/power sources). Also, the ideas revolving around the top stone being removed, and also the ark of the covenant being some sort of generator. As for the 8 sides, could be a purely structural thing

I also watched a documentary which taught me about the very precise tunnels that go from the centre of the pyramid to the outside walls. Again a main point being how could they make such long precise tunnels with such small dimensions. If anyone's got more info on these two points I'd like to hear

edit on 8/6/2015 by conz1992 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2015 by conz1992 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992
I also watched a documentary which taught me about the very precise tunnels that go from the centre of the pyramid to the outside walls. Again a main point being how could they make such long precise tunnels with such small dimensions.

That's an easy one. Make a pile, out of rocks, dirt, whatever. Attach a rope at a high point, pull it taut, then secure it at a lower point. Fill in your pile underneath the rope, and you've got the base of your "tunnel". Then you can make the dimensions of the "tunnel" whatever you'd like, and once your "tunnel" is fully constructed, continue any further building you want to do.

This, of course, is over-simplifying it, but the basic concept would be the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Whether the casing stones reflected the concave in each facing or not it's still a marvel of engineering to create such accuracy even if hidden, given all the other known accuracies through out it's total construction.

I've read several references over the years to possible inscriptions now lost to time that once covered the exterior.

If true, One wonders what was once written there. Now, unless someone eventually finds the original casing stones, now used for other buildings with the inscriptions still on them like they found remnants of Akhenaten's erased legacy, We'll never know.

edit on 8-6-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'm still waiting for you to compile all your threads here into one big coffee table book. I would give them as gifts to everyone I know.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

That's a really good question. I would assume that the casing stones would probably not have reflected the angles that give it "eight sides", since they are so minute and the casing stones would have been (relatively) thick. That's strictly a guess, however.

Harte? Hanslune? Any insight?
There's no historical reference describing the eight sides we see.

Why it's that way is currently (and probably forever) unknown.

Harte

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Guten Morgen, Greetings and Salutations- This is in regard to the pyramids being used as a 'power generator' or along those lines. I remember either seeing on the intraweb or a t.v. show that the pyramids were used as a power generator AND that "power" was keeping humans enslaved to the "Over Seers" (who actually built them) and if We were to knock them all down that We would be thrust forward in our evolution. The presenter/host/narrator then went on to tell about "Ley Lines" and because the Giza Plateau was aligned with the belt in the constellation Orion, He opined that the 'Over Seers' were from that area of the galaxy.

I 'may' be the only One to know what I'm typing about as I made a post in a thread once here at ATS™ and nobody then knew what I was typing about so take that with a grain of sodium..

I just thought I'd lob that out there, I did give it a 'cursory search' but this was met w/negative results..

namaste

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It would be nice to see them built in modern day so we can personally experience the exact engineering difficulties to see why they did what they did. Considering 8 sides over 4 reminds me of the strength of an egg over a circle. Or the triangle shape is great for load and having 8 sides might increase its load distribution allowing it to withstand the test of time.

Great thread.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

if We were to knock them all down that We would be thrust forward in our evolution.
namaste

Give ISIS more time, I'm sure they're up for it.

I've read about that too.

Hmm, ISIS destroying the Great Pyramids. Curious and curiouser.
edit on 8-6-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I wondered before if the angles were engineered into the sides to collect water when it rained. The angles would funnel rain to the center of each side. That would be, IF the finished pyramid had the angle built into the sides after the casing stones were in place.
Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The remaining few casing stones of the GP give no special explanation..

My guess is that the inward direction has stability reasons after the experience of the Meidum pyramid collapse.

cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join