It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA suppresses the facts of the violation of the Minsk agreements by Kiev

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

When the OSCE is supplying the monitors how does the US prohibit them from reporting on violations? During the UNSC meeting yesterday the report by the under-secretary general laid blame on both sides. Again how would the US prevent a report that Ukraine also violated the agreement. Can you explain why the Russian OSCE ambassador keeps blocking a vote for OSCE monitors to be deployed along the ENTIRE border instead of just the 2 locations they are restrict6ed to now? Please explain why rebels prohibit OSCE monitors into certain areas shortly before hostilities start and wont allow them in until their hostilities are done with?

When rebels advance into government controlled territory they are in fact violating the agreement. Under the UN charter Ukraine has every right to defend itself from a foreign military attack.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I suppose we will find out soon enough if their leaks are authentic, or not.

The fact that they are pro Russian I would say they aren't authentic.

Cyber Berkut is the wannabe Ukrainian version of Anonymous, and they have no problems making up stories.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

When the OSCE is supplying the monitors how does the US prohibit them from reporting on violations?

I can't find an instance where it was stated that the US is preventing the reporting of violations. What is claimed is that there are US counterparts who are aware of the positions of artilery and missle launch sites very near to populations. Information was withheld from OSCE.

In speculation, would it not be possible that certain personel in the OSCE could be compromised? This is ESPIONAGE(counter-espionage, counter-counter-espionage, counter-counter-counter-espionage, etc. ad infinitum). The realm of unknown unknowns.

Can you explain why the Russian OSCE ambassador keeps blocking a vote for OSCE monitors to be deployed along the ENTIRE border instead of just the 2 locations they are restrict6ed to now? Please explain why rebels prohibit OSCE monitors into certain areas shortly before hostilities start and wont allow them in until their hostilities are done with?

Probably for the same reason in counterpart to the OP content. Like you said, DPR militants are in violation as well.

Under the UN charter Ukraine has every right to defend itself from a foreign military attack.

That's true, but I can't condone the slaughter of innocent bystanders in any circumstance, by any "side" of a conflict.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Could you please provide anything indicating Cyber Berkut is pro Russian? I haven't hardly found any mention of Russia in any of their postings.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So unless berkut says "we are pro-Russian" then they aren't?

It doesn't matter that they've been repeatedly identified by outside parties as pro-Russian?

Seriously?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

From your op -

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang
USA suppresses the facts of the violation of the Minsk agreements by Kiev

The US is not able to suppress the facts being talked about.

As for the OSCE I will state it again. The OSCE monitors only 2 border crossings between Ukraine and Russia. Russia has blocked all other attempts to deploy monitors to the entire border. When Russia kept interfering with the OSCE it was brought before the UNSC. Russia went nuts when that issue was raised and their Ambassador wined about the UNSC being the wrong forum to discuss OSCE issues.

Russia is the problem - not the US.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Latest from OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine based on information received as of 19:30 (Kyiv time), 5 June 2015

At the checkpoint at the entrance of the village of Berezove (government-controlled, 35km south-west of Donetsk), the SMM was denied passage.

The SMM was initially turned back at the first government-controlled checkpoint on the road from Donetsk to Kurakhove but was able to pass through the checkpoint 30 minutes later.

On several occasions, Ukrainian Armed Forces at checkpoints stopped SMM patrols to inquire about the nationalities of patrol members.

At a checkpoint four kilometers west of Hranitne, the SMM was asked to disclose the nationalities of the patrol team. The SMM was allowed to pass through the checkpoint after a 25-minute delay. At other checkpoints, SMM patrols were able to pass after shorter delays.

In Kharkiv region, on 4 June, when arriving in Vovchansk, the SMM was stopped for approximately ten minutes at a Ukrainian Armed Forces check point which has been in place since at least May 2014. The soldiers registered the names of the SMM monitors and asked about their citizenship. This was the first time that the SMM monitors have been asked about their citizenship at a checkpoint in the Kharkiv area.

More withholding information and preventing the SMM to do their jobs.

Despite claims that heavy weapons have been withdrawn, the SMM continued to observe the presence and movement of heavy weapons in places proscribed by Minsk, including by its UAV. In government-controlled areas, SMM patrols observed two T-64 main battle tanks (MBT) and SMM UAVs observed 6 MBTs. In “DPR”-controlled areas, SMM UAVs observed one artillery piece in Telmanove but was subject to jamming while flying over Dzerzhinske (“DPR”-controlled, 30km east of Mariupol). SMM UAVs observed defensive positions, military vehicles and shelling marks on both sides of the contact line in multiple locations.

The OSCE seems to be corroborating the hack leaks of the aerial photographs, but not directly. This is still not proof that the leaks themselves are authentic, but it is absolute proof that the Minsk agreements have been completely ignored and the Kiev regime is shelling civilian areas.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The reason for the checks has to do with Russian OSCE monitors. There have been accusations that Russian OSCE monitors have passed information along to the rebels.

Secondly you are selective with what you opted to post. I noticed you left out a lot of the information going against the rebels.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Could you please provide anything indicating Cyber Berkut is pro Russian?

Sure...

www.ibtimes.com...

observer.com...

Need anymore?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

As you should recall, the Berkut were the FSB trained Ukrainian security service whose members were involved in perpetrating violence against Maidan protesters. Many of them fled to Russia where they continue to fight against the legally elected government. They are not hackers, they a propagandists. I will prepare a dedicated thread once I have access to a real computer. (I am posting from a tablet.)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Doesn't count! OP specifically said "in their postings" and not "from any source at all."

That's why I asked what I asked up there ^

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This is still not proof that the leaks themselves are authentic, but it is absolute proof that the Minsk agreements have been completely ignored and the Kiev regime is shelling civilian areas.

Did you miss this?

SMM UAVs observed defensive positions, military vehicles and shelling marks on both sides of the contact line in multiple locations.

Seems they are saying both sides are guilty, but feel free to show where it says they ignored the agreement and are shelling civilians...or is that just your take on misunderstanding what was said?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's why I asked what I asked up there

Just making sure it is clear enough, so there can't be a misunderstanding.

I imagine we won't get an answer for that.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
via twitter:

Video leak: Russian troops (specific Moscow accent) filmed themselves how they attacked #Mariinka inside #Ukraine. youtu.be...

Ukraine War 2015 - Heavy Clashes As Novorossian Rebels Launch Major Offensive On Marinka

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

As you should recall, the Berkut were the FSB trained Ukrainian security service whose members were involved in perpetrating violence against Maidan protesters. Many of them fled to Russia where they continue to fight against the legally elected government. They are not hackers, they a propagandists. I will prepare a dedicated thread once I have access to a real computer. (I am posting from a tablet.)

This would be immensely helpful and informative.

I'm sorry this thread became such a personal gang up. Providing links to explore and reflect upon is crucial for an intelligent and engaging discussion to take place.

I wish your thread more success than mine.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Thank you for the links. They were interesting, but neither gave any detail as to the Russian connection other than a passing mentioning in the introduction.
edit on 7-6-2015 by Boomorangatangarang because: one word

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang

Thank you the links. They were interesting, but neither gave any detail as to the Russian connection other than a passing mentioning in the introduction.

Wikipedia - Cyber Berkut

CyberBerkut (Russian: КиберБеркут, Ukrainian: КіберБеркут)—is a modern organized group of pro-Russian hacktivists.[citation needed] The group became locally known for a series of publicity stunts and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks on Ukrainian government, and western or Ukrainian corporate websites.[citation needed]

All sources are linked at the bottom of the page. They are pro Russian hactavists.

Attacks on NATO websites.[2][3][4]
Attacks on U.S. private military companies.[5]
Publication of correspondence of deputies of (political parties) Batkivshchyna and Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform.[6]
Publication of correspondence with the United States Embassy in Ukraine and United States foundations.[7]
Disclosure to public of telephone recording between Yulia Tymoshenko and Nestor Shufrych.[8][nb 2]
Disclosure to public of telephone recording between EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Catherine Ashton and Foreign Minister of Estonia Urmas Paet.[9]
Blocking cellular phones of members of the Yatsenyuk Government and persons close to them.[10]
Blocking Internet resources of Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine Andriy Parubiy and news portals: LigaBusinessInform and Ukrainian Independent Information Agency.[11]
Publication of video materials that are blocked on YouTube.[citation needed]
Attempts at disrupting the recruitment of the National Guard of Ukraine.[citation needed]
Attempted destruction of the electronic system of the Central Election Commission of Ukraine prior to the 2014 Ukrainian presidential election.[12]
Publishing lists of alleged Ukrainian military deserters [13]
Attempts at disrupting the work of the Central Election Commission of Ukraine by damaging the IFES system before the elections and blocking cellphones of their organisators.[14][15]
Temporary disruption of the websites of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the General Prosecutor of Ukraine. Websites of TV channels 1+1 and Inter were also temporary disrupted[citation needed].
Email hacking and publication of the conversation between Ihor Kolomoyskyi and the persecutor of the Lviv Oblast, hacking of the computer and email of a person related to Ihor Kolomoyskiy.[16][17][18] Archives of the contents of 89 email accounts of Lviv oblast's prosecutor office employees.
Hacking and publishing of the Minister of Internal Affairs Arsen Avakov's conversation.[19]
Blocking of the website of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko on June 29, 2014.[20]
Publication of the real name and biography of Semen Semenchenko – Konstantin Grishin.[21]
Hacking of commercial billboards in Kiev and broadcasting footage over them with the accusal of some candidates in the parliamentary election as war criminals.[22]
Hacking ot the German Chancellery and the German Bundestag[23]

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

CyberBerkut (Russian: КиберБеркут, Ukrainian: КіберБеркут)—is a modern organized group of pro-Russian hacktivists.[citation needed]

Please don't take this the wrong way, but once again there is only a passing mention in the introduction with no further details.

Now, looking at that list of perpetrations, I don't see a single attack on anything Russian. This may very well indicate an implicit connection.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Please don't take this the wrong way but you need to read and understand what people post. What part of "all sources are linked at the bottom" confused you?

All Wikipedia pages, at the bottom of the page, have all sources used in the article.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The one time "pro-Russia" is mentioned, it is missing it's corresponding citation.

I could not find anything in the Reference section that appeared to pertain to that subject.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join