It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your experience with mononucleosis ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If we can get past July 18th then it'll be more than six weeks since her exposure and the incubation period is 4-6 weeks. I've got it circled on the calendar.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You'll have to keep us posted then whenever it is past incubation. I know that mono wasn't really a big deal for me, but I know that it really pounds down some people (like the poster above that it sounds like they slept for almost three days o.o ) so best to keep an eye on it as well as an eye on that liver then if she's had hep before.

Hopefully, she comes out of it fine and on top though.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I may have had it, have it...who knows. I might also have CFS or narcolepsy. All I know is that I'm tired all the time and it takes heroic (I truly mean HEROIC) doses of stimulants to get me through the day. I could probably lay down and sleep anytime. I nod off if I'm not staying physically active, and go into REM instantly. I have little "micro-dreams" sometimes.

I've had my thyroid, iron, b-vitamin levels all checked...nothing abnormal. I've had a sleep study, no sleep apnea.

I have no idea what it is, but it's always been like this since I was a teenager. 20 years later and I still have to fight sometimes to make it through the day.

I may have rheumatoid arthritis, as my joints always ache. It's been like this since I was a kid. The doctor told me they were "growing pains". Well I'm 32 now, and I doubt I'm still growing. I've found that astaxanthin helps, as it inhibits the COX2 enzyme like Celebrex does. It's natural though and is just an antioxidant from micro algae.
edit on 9-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Swollen glands were very tender. The primary symptom I remember is ABSOLUTE exhaustion. I slept constantly and had days I was too tired to even brush my hair. I think it was about two-three weeks. I was young and still with my parents and they just let me sleep.

Hope your daughter has a light case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join