It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid on Mars, NASA Photos, up close SOL 0712

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Forgive me I thought that was a mineral formation you were showing me.

I don't know if you looked at the areas I seen on the ops pic, some of it may well be weather or water damage but I'm 100% sure the wind can't create intricate carvings.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Let's see if I can kill another thread. All the surface effects on Mars and other planets and Moons, including Earth, are from electical mechanisms, involving electro-static, magnetic, plasma and even microwave modulated electric fields. No water involved. The evidence is growing, can't be denied. Deny Ignorance? What a joke.
Youtube vid on experiments with elctrical formations and effects, including electric (ionic) wind, which is what has caused many of the feature on Mars that look like they could have been from water. They will have similar appearances.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Those are dust trickles, the reason they look darker is that there is darker dust just under the surface. This was extensively discussed somewhere in the Mars anomalies thread.
I have never seen any type of dust 'trickle' in that way, in a direction.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GaryN Earth doesn't have water trickling or rising from the ground in photos or satellite imagery? You haven't seen my house on Google maps in streetview. You are going to kill a thread with a youtube video? I can direct you to people who swear the end of the world is nigh and they have lots of details about it...

edit on 6-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Billy Yelverton is a contributor to suspiciousobservers.org and his bio there gives no mention of degrees or proof of why he is credible.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee really nice pic. The breaks in the rocks coupled with marks in the sand may show prior running water erosion. I think.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

@funbox - if the observed wind-reated processes were incompatible with what we know about martian atmosphere, I'm sure many researchers would have picked up on that and posted their findings that could be peer-reviewed and confirmed. Since that isn't happening, I'm sure it's safe to say that the preceived inconsistencies are due to your lack of knowledge, or wrong expectations.

they are incompatible as far as I can tell , and what other peer reviews will their be ?, have another organisation set up a rover to cross check opportunity's data ? do scientitist suffer with corporation bias?

at least you admit that there's perceived inconsistency's though , but then you've had your head in mars quite a while now

do you know the the weave (microns?) of that parachute btw ?

funbox

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
www.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Bedrock fractures and the dust that collapsed into them. Curiosity photographed lots of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
they are incompatible as far as I can tell , and what other peer reviews will their be ?, have another organisation set up a rover to cross check opportunity's data ? do scientitist suffer with corporation bias?

Various instruments on Curiosity, including the ones that measure air pressure and other atmospheric parameters, are operated by international teams from various institutes. An Indian spacecraft is studying Mars from orbit, and I imagine that in the coming years and decades, there will be other countries' rovers or landers on the surface.

As things stand, I see no reason to doubt the currently-accepted findings about Mars and its atmosphere, and I believe that to think to the contrary is to be influenced by conspiracy theories and the (unfounded) distrust of science in general.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

As things stand, I see no reason to doubt the currently-accepted findings about Mars and its atmosphere, and I believe that to think to the contrary is to be influenced by conspiracy theories and the (unfounded) distrust of science in general.

what findings ? is it not true that the atmosphere cannot suspend particles bigger than two microns? im not saying theres no wind on mars , im saying it hasn't got the density to move anything bigger than that *smoke* as others have put it , so again ill ask, what's the force moving these larger particulates about ?

no more politically inspired answers please

funbox

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

im saying it hasn't got the density to move anything bigger than that *smoke* as others have put it , so again ill ask, what's the force moving these larger particulates about ?
Suspension is not the same thing as transport.

The hysteresis of Martian saltation thus allows sand transport to occur at shear velocities well below the fluid threshold, with the probability that transport occurs given by Eq. (3).

arxiv.org...

These findings are consistent with the occurrence of hysteresis in martian saltation, and support the hypothesis that hysteresis plays a role in the surprisingly large sand mobility observed at several locations on Mars.

in.bgu.ac.il...

In a nutshell:
online.kitp.ucsb.edu...
edit on 6/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

they were really very simple questions eh?

thanks very much, ill read and get back to you

funbox

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

particulates with squirrels wings in a lower gravity,

great read Phage, did you solve the riddle yet ?

funbox

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I didn't see anything about squirrels wings but it's not just a matter of lower gravity. The lower atmospheric density also helps in a roundabout way. I found it interesting that the hypothesis predicts smaller dunes than those found on Earth. Solved? Not completely, but this data offers support to the hypothesis.

What do you think forms the Martian dunes?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

blue- it sculptors of course,

but seriously , saltation , and the badly flying squirrels that bounce grounded flying squirrels into motion, causing a whole chain gang of squirrels to get caught in the low moving winds *local* , cause such minute patterns ? doesn't sound like the activity's/ chaos of collision, with temporary suspension and longer trajectory's to me... i see it more likely that some of the patterns have been done with a child /straw/sandpit combination

or theres a slightly thicker atmos on mars

funbox

edit on 6-6-2015 by funbox because: wolf patty

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Careful, that has a very close resemblance to word salad.

It's about shorter trajectories on Mars, not longer.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

translation of word salad

would a particulate cast up by the impact of another particulate , have its trajectory significantly altered by wind substantially below the fluid threshold ? if so ,why.? if said wind never had the energy to move said particulate in the first place, ..

if the wind cannot alter the trajectory from impacted particulate , only allow its course sustained temporarily, why do we see such regular patters and not chaotic ones ?

funbox

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

translation of word salad
I'm sure you can work google.

if the wind cannot alter the trajectory from impacted particulate , only allow its course sustained temporarily, why do we see such regular patters and not chaotic ones ?
Why would the patterns be chaotic? The wind direction is not.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

then how does the wind effect the particulate that have been collided with, if its below the fluid threshold ? how does its alter it collision trajectory if it needed help in capturing the particulate from the first colliding particulate in the first place?

its a contradiction , the particulates in the air and from collisions from other particulates would create a chaotic noise in the macro and a chaotic noise in its eventual deposition *sand splotches*

you did read you papers didn't you ?

funbox

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

you did read you papers didn't you ?
Yes. Yes I did.

the particulates in the air and from collisions from other particulates would create a chaotic noise in the macro and a chaotic noise in its eventual deposition *sand splotches*
Not purely chaotic. Airflow has an influence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join