It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid on Mars, NASA Photos, up close SOL 0712

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Cheers for that. looking at the gigapan, it's possible that a third drip, that has dried more than the two obvious ones might be there. You'll notice the two obvious drips start in cracks or holes in the rock, there is another such crack between them, and if you look down from that crack, another drip like mark, although lighter in color, maybe it's older and not as wet. But the third one still has the look of a drip, pooled at the base

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LuckyYurg

There are more last pic middle left, plus a "big sand slide", that shows the different colored sand.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuckyYurg
I've been studying all things mysterious for many years now. The Moon and Mars being two of my favorite subjects. Been browsing ATS for many years, but now it's time to make a post. There are a lot of things I know, but don't care to discuss, because I don't have a way to prove it to you. One of those things is the fact that Mars has plenty liquid on it. Well I finally found what I needed in order to share with you good people. And not some satellite photo that shows what could be water (or liquid) but an up close personal look...

SOL 0712

The more I looked at this, the more I think it can only be liquid coming up from under ground, and leaking out of cracks in the rock. Maybe there is some sort of pressure pushing it up slowly, as it doesn't look like it ever rushes out of there. If you look at the drip on the left (second image), you can see where it has eroded away the sand slightly, this shows that it isn't a darker sand on top of the regular sand.

Please share your thoughts...

If it makes you feel any better, NASA doesn't disagree that liquid water does flow briefly on occasion on the Martian surface. There aren't any rivers, lakes or streams as a result of the low atmospheric pressure but there certainly appears to be liquid water below the surface in enough quantities to create occasional runoff and sediment deposits.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

To me the sand slides look very different from the two dark drip marks, do you think they are the same thing?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I am no expert, i'll say 50/50 water or sand slide.

Seen something similar when walking the beaches, water leaves a clear depression with heightened edges, sand of different color slides on top.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"They" (whomever they may be) show us what they want us to see, always have, with just enough publicized to make us believe we're being made an active part in discovering something extraordinary and new. As for the "why", we will find that out soon enough too, I am sure. Maybe a lot sooner than we think.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is something to compare, this is running water not light moisture.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Seen something similar when walking the beaches, water leaves a clear depression with heightened edges, sand of different color slides on top.

I grew up in the Middle East, in the desert. The very same thing was evident around water wells, from seepage. It's something thin and is mixing with the sand, making a soupy sludge. Beaches came immediately to mind also, as soon as I saw it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

There are A LOT of people involved, so IMO...Nah

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Those are dust trickles, the reason they look darker is that there is darker dust just under the surface. This was extensively discussed somewhere in the Mars anomalies thread.

A flow of water on Mars, or (Edit: dust. Maybe not so) Curiosity from Curiosity, posted by BlueShift
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Previous find and discussion
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the big picture
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 5-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I'm not sure if we can accurately determine anything via that image. If we could construct a terrarium that has a slight vacuum, is just as dry, and mimics Mars' environments, then we could use that as a reference towards what we are seeing in the initial images and what occurs in our test results as a better explanation on what we're seeing.

There are too many variables to simply pick up a random image and source it as relevant.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

True, it was a just..

Also if you look at the Gigapan it shows the sand appear to be "crusty" in some places, makes a big difference.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Indeed

This topic is making me anxious. I want humans to land on mars already and start exploring!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Those are dust trickles, the reason they look darker is that there is darker dust just under the surface. This was extensively discussed somewhere in the Mars anomalies thread.

I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

You interested in buying?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I agree that it must be water from underground. I've been saying for years that there is a lot to be found on Mars if NASA just looks underground. That's where we'll find water, and that's where we'll find life; fossilized or not.

Nasa has another rover set to go to Mars in the 2020's; 2022 I think. It will look underground as part of its mission.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It would be nice to think that, but I know better. NASA is not the culprit, either. They have no control over what information the public gets, and they are aware of that.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here is another example showing the difference between the top layer sand and the darker underlying, also from Mars.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It's cool, lets not go of topic on that

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

See those look like sand slides to me

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join