It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid on Mars, NASA Photos, up close SOL 0712

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've been studying all things mysterious for many years now. The Moon and Mars being two of my favorite subjects. Been browsing ATS for many years, but now it's time to make a post. There are a lot of things I know, but don't care to discuss, because I don't have a way to prove it to you. One of those things is the fact that Mars has plenty liquid on it. Well I finally found what I needed in order to share with you good people. And not some satellite photo that shows what could be water (or liquid) but an up close personal look...

SOL 0712

The more I looked at this, the more I think it can only be liquid coming up from under ground, and leaking out of cracks in the rock. Maybe there is some sort of pressure pushing it up slowly, as it doesn't look like it ever rushes out of there. If you look at the drip on the left (second image), you can see where it has eroded away the sand slightly, this shows that it isn't a darker sand on top of the regular sand.

Please share your thoughts...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here's the link to SOL

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...#/?slide=712

It's under Mast Camera, starts in the 7th row down

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LuckyYurg

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.
It sure looks like liquid seepage to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Those are dust trickles, the reason they look darker is that there is darker dust just under the surface. This was extensively discussed somewhere in the Mars anomalies thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I fixed your link for you OP, it is better to give the link a name first and THEN on the second box, post the link.

Nasa sol pic linky

Nice pic, have you seen the mars anomalies threads?

Here is the first one:

Curiosity anomalies 1

Here is the new one:

Curiosity anomalies 2015
edit on 5-6-2015 by Jonjonj because: added links

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Thank you !

I have looked at photographs of rocks for years on these threads . Finally I can say someone found something on Mars that intrigues me . And I agree with your premise it certainly looks like water seepage to me also .

You will fit in here nicely. Under 25 post and you've already received two applauses.

Keep up the good work !

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Those are dust trickles, the reason they look darker is that there is darker dust just under the surface.

Thats as good a guess as any other. Looks like wet doesn't mean wet.

Do liquid volatiles flow, too?

edit on 5-6-2015 by intrptr because: link to image

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Thank you kindly. It always seems that somebody comes along with some story their uncle told them. Unfortunately I am no bodies uncle, so I've decided to jump aboard ATS. I understand that there is darker sand underneath the lighter sand. It shows clearly in the pics of the rover tracks, but the "drips" don't look like that at all, the are consistent and have distinct edges, without signs of where the top dirt went. And they both appear to be coming out of a hole/crack in the rock. If this was dark sand coming out of the hole, it'd have to be open from the other end for wind to push it out.

I'm open to the idea that it isn't liquid. But it looks nothing like the darker sand underneath. Compare them, the drips are darker in color

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The shape of the drips is also a giveaway to me, if it was caused by wind, it wouldn't have those rounded, pooled up areas towards the bottom.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm not buying the "dust trickles". Especially not in image #2. S&F OP.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I'm not buying the "dust trickles". Especially not in image #2. S&F OP.

Me either, it literally looks nothing like those places with the darker dust showing, and everything like a fluid leaking out.

Maybe John Carter had to stop and take a pee?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There are a lot of photo's like the one's you've posted. I agree, it is pretty undeniable that there is liquid on mars. Now hopefully there are things that are larger than single celled organisms to make it all the more interesting

edit on 5/6/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I agree, another reason is if it was wind the bottom would be fanned out more while the point of origin would be thin . Plus the fact that it is going downhill and curving which in my opinion rules out the wind disturbance theory .

I am one of the biggest skeptics on here and while I'm not 100% convinced I am completely leaning in that direction .

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If it were due to wind or erosion or dust trickles we would see this phenomena everywhere. I'm not denying that these events could have taken place in some of the images found, though.

There's already ice on mars, so I don't see why it would be unreasonable to consider underground liquid to be a possibility.
edit on 5/6/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
There are a lot of photo's like the one's you've posted. I agree, it is pretty undeniable that there is liquid on mars. Now hopefully there are things that are larger than single celled organisms to make it all the more interesting

To be honest, I love these pics, have seen so many that show what seem to be lakes, rivers, plants. But taken from so far away, I've never used them to sell people on the truth of the planet. These up close ones on the other hand...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Thanks for that, I do my best to wait until I have something genuine, or at least appears genuine, before sharing with people. It's too hard to make a point when the pics are from a satellite.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Wow, I have to say that definitely looks like evidence of some type of liquid. I wonder what temperature it is, if it's seeping up from under the ground? It has to be a thin liquid, not viscous like lava or something heavier...there would be some caving in of the upper sand crust instead of the thinner rivulet tracks I would think. Very interesting indeed, S&F

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here is a link to the full GIGAPAN.

I am not the one to judge if water or not, though several other spots shows lighter sand mixed with darker sand there are actually many of them, and the fact that this(if water) would be very interesting to NASA and would be photographed more closely, there are no such closeup photos.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

there are no such closeup pictures.

At least, not available for the public to view.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Yeah...I see no point in them hiding something they obviously are searching for, and shows in other pics like the ones above.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join