It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gender is in the mind and not the body, what do you think of species dysphoria?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

LOL, I have no idea what that is but am afraid to google it or may get put on some list

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino
I am a meat popsicle...close the freezer door please.

Someone give me some government money and extra rights, and change your textbooks to brainwash kids about my condition.

And that's the problem. The left does not want "live and let live." The left wants celebration, accommodation, funding, and compensation.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
yes I knew about this,

My granddaughter thought she was a tiger for years, well I mean she played tiger, you never seen anything like it in your life, she would lunge and leap through the house on all fours, jump from chair to table to sofa, it was something to watch, never seen anyone do it better,

Now as an adult she wont do it anymore, but we try and get her to.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

My nephew has Vitiligo. You know, that disease Michael Jackson had.

He insists he's a leopard now. It's adorable. He knows he's not, but that's how he copes with his condition.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Stormdancer777

My nephew has Vitiligo. You know, that disease Michael Jackson had.

He insists he's a leopard now. It's adorable. He knows he's not, but that's how he copes with his condition.

god bless him.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

So now all LGBT people are "the left"? There are no Conservatives in the LGBT community? Or are you of a mind that, if there are, they don't belong there because they don't stand up to the minimum values and standards?

I'm confused.

The mindset involved in categorizing everything that is not exactly like oneself as "deviant" or "wrong" is so far beyond me. Especially to think that the majority of people who do so, do so in the name of God. And it twists me even more when the Right screams that we're either going to end up commies or Muslims because, reasons... and yet what they want is an Oligarchical Theocracy that every iota as hateful, repressive, biased, dangerous and exclusionary as any system could possibly be.

Just ugh with the broad brush strokes of hatred, all while playing the victim. It's unbecoming.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

So now all LGBT people are "the left"? There are no Conservatives in the LGBT community? Or are you of a mind that, if there are, they don't belong there because they don't stand up to the minimum values and standards?

I'm confused.

The mindset involved in categorizing everything that is not exactly like oneself as "deviant" or "wrong" is so far beyond me. Especially to think that the majority of people who do so, do so in the name of God. And it twists me even more when the Right screams that we're either going to end up commies or Muslims because, reasons... and yet what they want is an Oligarchical Theocracy that every iota as hateful, repressive, biased, dangerous and exclusionary as any system could possibly be.

Just ugh with the broad brush strokes of hatred, all while playing the victim. It's unbecoming.

No, there are plenty of conservatives in the GLB community and they tend to have a "live and let live" mindset. I know many of them and I'm in business with a lesbian couple.

Yes, the extension from "live and let live" to "we demand you celebrate, accommodate, and fund us" is a politically leftist phenomena.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Some research into "Log Cabin Republicans" might net him some interesting learning experiences.

Gay Republicans may sound strange, but it's not as uncommon as people think.

After all, how many staunchly anti-gay congressmen and senators have been caught (some literally) with their pants down regarding their OWN sexuality?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Some research into "Log Cabin Republicans" might net him some interesting learning experiences.

Gay Republicans may sound strange, but it's not as uncommon as people think.

After all, how many staunchly anti-gay congressmen and senators have been caught (some literally) with their pants down regarding their OWN sexuality?

Democrats think that gay people are all about their genitals.

Conservative gays have the same priorities as conservative straights--gun rights, economic conservatism, frugality, low taxes, economic freedom, etc. They are much, much, much more than their sexual organs and tend to resent being pigeonholed (pardon the expression) by the left as only being about their sex. Same with conservative women--they are much, much, more than just a uterus but that's all the left can go on about--females as defined by their sexual organs.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And that's where I get lost. Using a recent example of the cake business that refused to sell to gay people. Is wanting to purchase a product in a free and open market, in a Nation that, by law states, and was founded upon the premise that everyone is equal in the eyes of the system - "demanding" to be "celebrated" or "accommodated"?

Because it seems to me that the majority of people, outside of politics and the public arena, simply want to go about their lives without being hassled.

IE you are espousing "live and let live" while seeming to champion "Live and refuse others the same right".

Or am I misunderstanding your position?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I know several Democratic gay people who would disagree with you on that.

Just because your own experience with the liberal gay community has mostly come via the most vocal and "flaming" among them, doesn't mean you can paint all gay democrats as "Only thinking about their genitals".

Not only is that bigotry, it's incredibly short-sighted. Try not to pigeonhole people.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Are you ok with trans ppl serving in the military?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Like being denied a booth at the Texas GOP convention?

Live and let live.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

And that's where I get lost. Using a recent example of the cake business that refused to sell to gay people. Is wanting to purchase a product in a free and open market, in a Nation that, by law states, and was founded upon the premise that everyone is equal in the eyes of the system - "demanding" to be "celebrated" or "accommodated"?

Because it seems to me that the majority of people, outside of politics and the public arena, simply want to go about their lives without being hassled.

IE you are espousing "live and let live" while seeming to champion "Live and refuse others the same right".

Or am I misunderstanding your position?

You mean let private individuals make their own choices in life without government coercion? Oh the horrors!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I know several Democratic gay people who would disagree with you on that.

Just because your own experience with the liberal gay community has mostly come via the most vocal and "flaming" among them, doesn't mean you can paint all gay democrats as "Only thinking about their genitals".

Not only is that bigotry, it's incredibly short-sighted. Try not to pigeonhole people.

That's the position of the party. That' s all they talk about on TV and on the floor of the house. They are the ones with that narrative, not me.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Navy Doc doesn't believe in minority protections by government.

His Live and Let Live is a majority rules.

If you are a minority or outcast --- and can talk people into treating you Equally --- well good for you.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If you are a minority or outcast --- and can talk people into treating you Equally --- well good for you.

That is disingenuous and not true. I believe that all people should be equal under the law, that there should be no protected classes, and that private individuals should be free to make their own decisions in life and that the government must not discriminate as the government is supposed to be the servant of all the people, not just some.

Don't put words in other people's mouths--it's rude.

As I said in my first post in the thread. If a person thinks they are an animal trapped in a human body and they are a consenting adult, it does not matter if I think they are nuts or not. As long as they are a consenting adult, hurt no one, and I don't have to pay for them, including welfare if they can't get or keep a job due to their issues, then it is none of my business.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

That is disingenuous and not true. I believe that all people should be equal under the law, that there should be no protected classes, and that private individuals should be free to make their own decisions in life and that the government must not discriminate as the government is supposed to be the servant of all the people, not just some.

Sorry Doc, you can't have it both ways. I find your statement very contradictory.

Either minorities are treated equally or they are not.

If they can't buy a standard wedding cake from a baker, they are not being treated equally.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

As I said in my first post in the thread. If a person thinks they are an animal trapped in a human body and they are a consenting adult, it does not matter if I think they are nuts or not. As long as they are a consenting adult, hurt no one, and I don't have to pay for them, including welfare if they can't get or keep a job due to their issues, then it is none of my business.

Sorry Doc, you can't have it both ways.

If they can't buy a standard wedding cake from a baker, they are not being treated equally.

We are talking about the state. Obviously you cannot differentiate between the state and a private individual.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sorry Doc, you can't have it both ways.

We are talking about the state. Obviously you cannot differentiate between the state and a private individual.
So states can give license to the individual to discriminate and treat people unfairly. And we're just supposed to accept that because "Live and let live"?

There's a disconnect here somewhere.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join