It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians, Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: FinalCountdown

As a person drifting off from Catholicism, its all a way to control the masses. That's why I ended up believing in the Force. The idea of a mystical energy putting the Universe together is more plausible than an invisible man in the sky.

At least the Jedi philosophy teaches us how to respect our fellow man.

the force be with you.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You have got to be kidding me, right? Pot has nothing to do with Dark Energy. Never had a negative connotation until about 1948. It is a plant grown in the ground, given by the planet.

No you don't understand. Re-read my post.
I am saying that in order to enter *heaven* you need to be made into an energy being, or living spirit. What ever you want to define it with the english language. If you are made into Dark energy, Which exists outside of physical reality. Then you cannot smoke, Post related to OPs statement about bong tokes. Because a person needs a physical body in order to smoke.

Keep in mind, that we would be aliens to other humans on other planets if we were converted into such forms using Apotheosis generators.

But i guess the subject isn't quite explained in modernised sense. So i had to translate it in what is the English language. My first langauge in this incarnation.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
according to my understanding, the vast majority of modern spirituality has one crucial point: the significance engendered by an all-encompassing father figure which belies the cruel indifference we experience from life on a regular basis, and in some cases, the almost specifically directed misfortunes that imparts an impression of personal malice as only an intelligent and very unhappy being can divulge. left without an anchor of hope and possibility, its far too easy for our fragile psychology to either collapse into oblivion or warp into some sadistic ravenous animal that would consume its own flesh before giving light to its finer more delicate qualities at risk of extinction.

but thats just my understanding, and it may very well change.

edit on 4-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Which God are you speaking of? I got 7 friends who all believe in a different God...or Gods....particular. to their religions...so...you're question is really non specific and generalizing about what "Gods" you're talking about and where and when they said they implied what you said about "God".

See?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Ok
As you wish

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
As per my op, the God Christians speak so highly of.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Trolliest thread I've ever seen...

Could have been written by the Trolly Spirit themselves.

Next.

You sound like some dr. Sues character stuck in a loop created by sticky peanut butter covered kids fingers misshandling a very old book.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That does accurately describe my life but it still offers no answers as to why?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well, in conclusion we have failed to answers the question of "why does God really need us to get to heaven"

I guess we'll never know.

I guess it requires "faith"

I guess I have none.

I'm sure I'm a nihilist.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
And yes, I'm fishing under a troll bridge.
And yes, some of you bit the lure.

Thanks for the Enlightenment?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Access to Heaven is a gift from God. Access is available to everyone if they want it.

The way I see it you can either go to heaven and learn and see things that you will never learn or see while on earth. Or, you can go to hell and keep seeing the same ol stuff that you see now and learn nothing. The choice is yours.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It is quite complicated... the whole "god", "religion", "faith", "heaven" topic.

Human reality (individual consciousness) creates itself without any form of sexual activity. What this means, is that in order to explain "how" and "why" human reality exists, mankind continually designs elaborate definitions of "god".

It works like this:

Each moment of every human's existence "plays out" moment by moment. Each new experience "adds up" to create what we each understand and question about life. As life "plays out", questions and answers arise. "God", being the supposed Creator of everything possible, answers these questions within a harmonic "path" for each of us to follow. "Sin" and "evil" are against the harmony of what is judged as "good". As "time" goes on... and on and on and on and on... this definition of human reality competes with the cumulative knowledge (intelligence) of present humanity, moment by moment. Presently, "spiritual" conflict has given way to scientific explanations of what human reality is, where it came from and why it exists. The present scientific explanation is evolution (survival).

"God" is nothing more than a creative explanation of human reality moving forward without sexual activity. This is why there are so many "religious laws" for sexual relations. It is simply "god" commanding fidelity (harmony) for our continuing existence. This would explain how babies are "god given" to the "religious".

Unfortunately, there is no fidelity in reality. There is only survival. The true reason so many people are on anti-anxiety meds is that only the paranoid survive. The cocky, aggressive types of the past are dying off, logically. Therefore, paranoia, should be worshiped more than any "god". Think of the guard of the village, cave, town, country, etc... paranoia rules (and protects) our existence.

Our human paranoia has created such things as: military, laws, locks, security bars, alarm systems,security cameras, motion detection, tasers, night vision, weapons, airbags, tranquilizers, police, governments, peace accords, firewalls on your computer, etc...

There in no reason to condemn those who may believe in a "god", for they truly believe that this "god" will protect them. The truth is: no "god" can or will protect anyone or anything. "God" is only of the individual mind.

God" is simply a happy thought (conclusive answer) to the reality of survival.

True, most religions are derived from astronomy, but we must not exclude the survival of human reality.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Well, in conclusion we have failed to answers the question of "why does God really need us to get to heaven"

I guess we'll never know.

I guess it requires "faith"

I guess I have none.

I'm sure I'm a nihilist.

Because he's super insecure and needs us to worship him forever in order to know how great he is. That's the only reason there is and according to the bible that's what it says. That he's a jealous God. Of what I don't know but he's jealous of not getting all the attention I guess which to me is the same as being the most insecure thing possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Whatever your stance is, if you believe there is energy/soul/whatever "put" or "made" into people, what is the point? My question is still valid. Just replace the wording with whatever it is you believe in.
I understand that whatever a person believes in, it requires faith, but at what point does it become silly?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I consider that part of the religion proof that the idea of god was created by men who wanted power through mass persuasion.

I just can't imagine an all-powerful, all-knowing creator really giving two feces about some of his tiny creations worshipping him or not. But, to each their own--I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: TzarChasm

That does accurately describe my life but it still offers no answers as to why?

why what? lets be specific here.

and let me note that my understanding as it currently stands in no way constitutes a fool proof guide to spirituality as regards its role in your life. i can only share my insights and hope that it helps.
edit on 5-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think any true christian would respond that they aren't completely sure. They believe God to be all knowing and don't think humans could begin to comprehend his motives. If God exists, I'd imagine they're right. If I were to wager a guess I'd suggest that Heaven is God's home. He probably doesn't want people there that don't believe in him... or he'd have another Lucifer. Well, not really. Lucifer was an angel. A human couldn't do anything except maybe ruin the party for everyone else? why should one want to go to Heaven? Ask someone why they do heroin. Do you think you could comprehend what they'd tell you? Probably not, unless you've done it yourself... and that's a common earthly substance. Whether you choose to believe or not, maybe just accept that you can't know everything.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a person drifting off from Catholicism, its all a way to control the masses. That's why I ended up believing in the Force. The idea of a mystical energy putting the Universe together is more plausible than an invisible man in the sky.

At least the Jedi philosophy teaches us how to respect our fellow man.

I agree with you, but remember that all Jedi philosophy is is repackaged eastern mysticism, i.e. yogic, Buddhist, etc. Actually more yogic/vedic/hindu. There is nothing in Star Wars that yogis haven't talked about for 2500 years. I always found it funny that some people decided to start an actual religion based on the Jedi, when its a movie sci-fi version of esoteric yoga.

For those interested in such things, I suggest reading some of the works by noted yogis. For example, "Autobiography of a yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. www.amazon.com...

It makes Yoda look like a kindergardener.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Because "God is Love".

You have to believe in love to know love.
You have to believe in love to find love.
You have to demonstrate your love for others to enter the kingdom of love.

The first command, place nothing above love in your life.

The second command. Material possession cannot fill you with love, so do not love the objects that you make with your hands.

Be grateful that God is Love, because that is why you are alive.

Are you grateful that you were given life? If you are grateful for life than pursue Love because that is why you were created.

But the Christian view is a twisted, abusive form of love. "You are all condemned due to original sin or because not a single one of you can meet an impossible standard of never making a single mistake (missing the mark/sin). Even though I created you, and nobody is actually able to meet my impossible standard, you are condemned to an eternity of torture. Now I send my son to die for your sins. Even if it is hard for most people to believe in any of this, especially those that have never seen nor experienced anything to support it, if you don't believe in all of this then you will go to hell. See how much I love you? Isn't my son a great gift?"

" Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree."

Is it all clear now?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

While stumping the religious masses, you might also want to ask why God put souls in people only to have the physical bodies die.

God did not put souls in people. Your parents procreated you and made you a living soul. God only created one Human and gave likeness (Life) to the creation. All the rest of this is because of your own doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join