It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Exercises Open-Carry Rights By Carrying Loaded Assault Rifle In Airport

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Spider879

This is not a race issue, this is a common sense issue.

Who takes an AR-15 with a drum mag into a packed airport? That's just asking for trouble no matter what your skin color is.

This dolt has done a huge disservice to the responsible gun owners who have done the right thing...What he did boggles the mind.

No it's not but I had to posed the question of what would happen If!?? and given recent events of unarmed or toy gun deaths in places less problematic than an airport ..what gives!!
edit on 4-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

See a Darwin award coming.

Airports are not a place one should be bringing guns

Hell any airline that allows morons to bring there AR-15's on board will go out of business quickly as no one with a IQ above 90 will fly with them and every country round the world would ban that company from flying there

Not even terrorist I would be worried about either but some dip# that does not know gun safety setting off a accidental discharge and blowing a hole in the side of the plane!
edit on 4-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

Umm this guy didn't "brandish" the weapon, and he also did not commit a crime then run from or attack the police. That is why they did not shoot him. He acted civil and like a human being, not like a thug.

You're right, if I had a dollar for every time I've seen a civilian carrying an assault rifle at the terminal...

If I was a member of airport security and I saw a guy walking around with an assault rifle, I would've been alarmed. The guy is lucky his children still have a father, although they might not see him for a while.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people exercising their 2nd amendment rights, unimpeded. However, when people do stuff like this, it's almost like they are asking for trouble. First post by the way! Way!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I love to open carry (OHIO), as a matter of fact I get hit on by girls frequently when I open carry (that'[s a whole other thread).

I carry a holstered sidearm, it's visible but not outre or in your face.

Carrying around an AR-15 is like a desperate bid for attention. Or overcompensation.

Side note: if Wal-Mart or other stores can bar you from your right to bear arms can they also bar you from freedom of speech and other rights? and is that the America you want to live in?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

In Atlanta you can carry in the public area, which is anywhere up to the checkpoints. You can't go past there though as that is a mix of federal and state property.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

No it's not but I had to posed the question of what would happened If!?? and given recent events of unarmed or toy gun deaths in places less problematic than an airport ..what gives!!

When was the last time you saw an adult that carried a toy gun that looked like an AR-15 with a drum mag?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

This is not a race issue, this is a common sense issue.

Who takes an AR-15 with a drum mag into a packed airport? That's just asking for trouble no matter what your skin color is.

This dolt has done a huge disservice to the responsible gun owners who have done the right thing...What he did boggles the mind.

No it's not but I had to posed the question of what would happen If!?? and given recent events of unarmed or toy gun deaths in places less problematic than an airport ..what gives!!

Actions have consequences. Since you want to play the what if game, let's play.

What if you don't point guns at people?

What if you don't point toy guns at people?

What if you don't pick up a toy gun and start pointing it at people?

And on and on....

link   

originally posted by: greencmp
Concealed carry is far more useful as a societal instrument and, as it happens, constitutionally protected under the second amendment.

Agreed. But then he wouldn't have gotten all the attention he got, and wouldn't have been able to whine and bitch about the cops "harassing" him, by asking if he had a permit, and then post it to YouTube.

link   
a reply to: abe froman

Side note: if Wal-Mart or other stores can bar you from your right to bear arms can they also bar you from freedom of speech and other rights? and is that the America you want to live in?

Private property. Their land, their rules. Shouldn't be any other way.

Most stores are reasonable about allowing petition drives, and that sort of thing. Are they going to allow stuff that may drive away customers, no they aren't.

It depends very largely upon how the free speech is exercised.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm all for the right to bear arms, but even in a high crime area an AR-15 is a ridiculous weapon to carry for protection unless you're trying to prove you're a Rambo.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

In Atlanta you can carry in the public area, which is anywhere up to the checkpoints. You can't go past there though as that is a mix of federal and state property.

Seems odd still but at least there are some common sense limits.

For me a Airport is right up there with Firework factory and Chemical Factory in regards to paces one should bring a gun

edit on 4-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Concealed carry is far more useful as a societal instrument and, as it happens, constitutionally protected under the second amendment.

Agreed. But then he wouldn't have gotten all the attention he got, and wouldn't have been able to whine and bitch about the cops "harassing" him, by asking if he had a permit, and then post it to YouTube.

That is very true.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

So you open carry to get chicks?

That's cool I guess.

And yea, private businesses can do all sorts of things on their property. That's why you can't solicit on their property without their permission. Why you can't enter employee only areas without permission. Why you can't spend the night in the store after its closed.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Seems odd still but at least there are some common sense limits.

For me a Airport is right up there with Firework factory and Chemical Factory in regards to paces one should bring a gun

It seems that perspective is everything on this topic.

It could be argued, as I do, that concealed carry everywhere is the safest mechanism to prevent rogue violence. Be it an airport, an airplane or an elementary school.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It is for most people. Even when I lived there I never heard of anyone pulling a stunt like this. This was insanely stupid to do no matter what the reason behind it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Agree totally.

I prefer a bit more subtlety. I carry a smith and wesson .38 spl. revolver, with a speed loader. I'd like something with a bit more ooomph, but finances forbid it at the moment. But it does everything I need it to do. ...and hopefully, I'll never have to use it against anything more dangerous then a rattlesnake...twice. Or a stack of very dangerous paper targets...

I have a concealed carry permit, only had for about three months...in case you're wondering.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

On a plane, hell no. Not only hell no, but Jesus Christ no. I barely like the idea of Air Marshalls and pilots being armed on a plane. There is way too much that could create a huge mess if h hit on a plane.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No it's not but I had to posed the question of what would happened If!?? and given recent events of unarmed or toy gun deaths in places less problematic than an airport ..what gives!!

When was the last time you saw an adult that carried a toy gun that looked like an AR-15 with a drum mag?

Personally never, but a 12yrs old was killed for playing in a park with a toy I am guessing it looked real for the cops but then the shooter cop took 2sec to decide , the city didn't even offer an apology and the Walmart guy I guess LOE couldn't tell.

I am not against guns believe it or not , I am afraid of criminals, idiots and mentally unstable folks with easy access to guns.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It could be argued, as I do, that concealed carry everywhere is the safest mechanism to prevent rogue violence.

AGREED! If someone IS out to cause trouble, they're going to wait till the idiot with the AR15 strapped across his chest is on his way to home make their move. Better to have no one know who might be carrying.

If 'something had happened' while this guy was at the airport, it likely would have been a bloodbath - including his and his daughter's blood.
edit on 6/4/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join