It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can brown eyes turn green?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This may seem like a strange question so please bear with me.

Let's say a person has green eyes that are nearly emerald in color. They have had this color of eyes since as early as they can remember. Due to "odd" circumstances surrounding thier early years there is only one photo of them as a child before the age of 6. This single photo is of this person at the age of 2. However, in the photo of this person at the age of two they have very obvious medium brown eyes. The photo of the person at the age of 2 was taken very early '80 and is the original photo, so photo manipulation is very unlikely.

I know that young children's eyes can start out as blue and change colors, but from medium brown to emerald green? Is it possible for the person in the photo to be the same person whose eyes were clearly green a few years later?

This same person person is starting to question if they are really who they have been led to believe they are. They lost the copy of the the birth certificate that was given to them as late teen / early adult during a move. They are having difficulty obtaining a new birth certificate as there seems to be no record of them ever being born. However, it is likely they were just born in a different state then they originally believed?

Other possibly important facts. This person was sent to live with family members prior to their parents death. There was a man that played a role in raising this person that strangers always commented on how much they looked alike, things like "It's clear that man is your father, you are the spitting image of him." yet the man always insisted that there wasn't any blood relation.

This person never put too much thought into any of it until they had the difficulty locating their birth certificate and ran into dead end through online searches, but ended up with a few questions and discovered a few lies.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Are they green green or hazel, my hazel eyes seems brown some day and green others.

It seems color can indeed change with age.

Also nowadays you can burn the pigment with a laser and change the color of your eyes

www.allaboutvision.com...

my eyes turn green when i'm mad
, now i know its true
edit on 4-6-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
Green green No laser were involved because the color change would have taken place somewhere between the age of two and six, during the early 80's.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

DNA test would put any doubt to rest

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

edit on 4-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I know my eyes were typical brown when i was a child till about 12, then they were hazel, and now they are kind of a light green. I didnt even notice it too much until people started telling me i had green eyes, and i remember my whole child hood they were very brown. Almost wasn't allowed in a bar once because i hsve brown eyes in my license but my eyes are now green. haha.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
my eyes change colour and go a very dark green under certain light conditions, generally speaking they are hazel though with this outer ring that is sorta yellowish...hell with this i will take a macro picture when i get home lol

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
, now i know its true

So what you're saying is, we won't like you when you're angry?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have brown eyes. But if a person looks at me while I'm looking at something else, my eyes appear sapphire blue. Its really funny because people sort of jump and say "look back over there" to see it again. You may have something similar going on.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My two year olds eyes went from very obviously brown to now very obviously green . So I know it's possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My hazel eyes also turn more green when mad, too bad I like DC over Marvel or I would be super excited. You know, walking around, "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry". lol

^^^^
beat me to it! star for you

edit on 4-6-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
going along with others posts, yes it is possible as i have brown eyes sometimes, and deep, vivid green the other times.

i have had people say they notice it change to green when i am exposed to sunlight for what it's worth.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Crystal Gayle's brown eyes turned blue.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Are they green green or hazel, my hazel eyes seems brown some day and green others.

It seems color can indeed change with age.

Also nowadays you can burn the pigment with a laser and change the color of your eyes

www.allaboutvision.com...

, now i know its true

That would be my guess. My mom has hazel eyes, they can be blue, green or brown all in one day sometimes. Hazel basically means 'multi-colored' or 'color-changing'. Not sure what actually causes the change. My birth certificate says I have hazel eyes too, though mine only go between brown and rust.

Here's a link with more info:
www.eyedoctorguide.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It is the same with my hazel eyes.
It seems to depend on the color of the clothing that I am wearing and lighting conditions.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It is certainly not hazel. The don't change color with mood or light. The girl in the photo had brown eyes. That supposed same girl has had very green eyes for as long as she can remember. Her parents are deceased so a DNA test is not an option.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
It is certainly not hazel. The don't change color with mood or light. The girl in the photo had brown eyes. That supposed same girl has had very green eyes for as long as she can remember. Her parents are deceased so a DNA test is not an option.

You wouldn't call my eyes hazel if you saw me, either. You'd say they were brown unless you took a really close look, and saw they're actually rust-colored. Sometimes hazel eyes shift color permanently, or at least semi-permanently. That's why it says hazel on my birth certificate. It also says I'm blond though, and I was for a few years, but my hair is nearly black now. If you saw a picture of me when I was 2 and one of me now, you probably wouldn't believe we're the same person.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Eyes can change color. I have reddish brown eyes and they turned green for a day once.
I had a girlfriend whose eyes shifted between brown and green a few times.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I used to date a girl whose eyes had a definite green color to them when she was.... in a certain mood.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My eyes change colour, from a dull blue/gray with a yellow halo around the pupil to a light blue with yellow/brown halo. Ok granted that's not a dramatic change but it's still there.

I think it is caused by diet? I seen a girls eyes go from a light brown with green tinge to almost sparkly green years ago, and she said it was her diet which caused it.

new topics

top topics

join