It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad’s Forces May Be Aiding New ISIS Surge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Failure.

Chemical weapons attacks were thought to have been done via artillery, which the opposition has.

No its not fail when it comes to the chlorine gas attacks.
edit on 4-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

See I disagree that the west was looking for an excuse to intervene, they had that opportunity in 2011 when the rebels wanted air strikes to support their insurgency, like what happened in Libya.

The evidence is overwhelming that the West wants an excuse to intervene, regime change, and install a western-allied regime.

The reason that the west has not is they need a good excuse AND a Chapter VII resolution from the Security Council. The very reason they haven't been able to get one is that the West abused such a resolution in Libya and contrary to their promises, the regime was changed there.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Assad's forces are not aiding ISIS, but i do think Assad wants the FSA to be totaly destroyed so he is the only legitimate option left. So he fights harder against the 'rebels'. ofcourse the rebels are contesting his territory more than ISIS, which is more powerfull in east syria, where the goverment has been long gone.

Basicly i think this is another piece of propaganda, just as i have read in my newspaper this morning:
picture of rebels: 'you can see the rebel is carrying a gasmask, that should give no doubts about the fact that chemical weapons are used despite the international agreements.' still wondering if i should write the newspaper about it, because we all KNOW there is no proof that the syrian goverment used chemical weapons. But im sure the Israelis are happy that the syrians dont have a counterweight anymore against the isreali nuclear missles.

havent people learned from Libya that the rebels are never 'just rebels'. Its either Jihadis or CIA (training, arming and giving orders to the 'free' syrian army) we should support the goverment against its bloodthirsty enemies. cowards that hide among civilians.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow, the Assad apologists really came out of the woodwork on this one.

This is evidence of coordination between Assad and Islamic State.

Assad knows the FSA will not stop until he is gone, there is no option to negotiate with the FSA after he started the civil war by butchering his people who protested his policies.

Islamic State on the other hand will deal so they can focus on other fronts and establish their holdings in Syria as their power base. Assad at this point knows he can never have all of Syria back, but he wants to retain what he can.

These newest confirmations of proven coordination between Assad and Islamic State is their desperate push to force out the Western allies only supporters in the region. Perfectly in line with Russia's goals of confronting the West on many fronts to drive their influence out. No different than the confrontation in Ukraine to drive out Western influence.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Lol you get stuck using the same tactic over and over again or something. You trying to convince everyone there something in the un report when there isn't?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join