It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair new role includes making HOLOCAUST denial a criminal offense.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So, Tony Blair the former PM of the UK recently stepped down from his role as Middle Eastern Envoy.

He is about the take up a new role in Europe for the European Council on Tolerance and Reconcilia­tion (ECTR).

Its main priority is racial based work however one of its main goals is the following:

The body campaigns for European countries to make Holocaust denial a criminal offence, clearly define racism and anti-Semitism, and to pay for security at synagogues and Jewish schools.

This annoys me. And it should ANNOY many other people too. Why do we NOT have the right to deny the Holocaust? Why are JEWS so special that they get so much protection and favor?

Maybe this is why so many people have a problem with them. What is the root behind all this favoritism towards the JEWS?

I don't deny the holocaust at all really but on the other hand I just do not care about it. I have NO sympathy towards any jewish person who talks to me about it and I just do not care one bit. When we have starving children and rampant crime and our liberties are being dissolved by the day - i just do not care about Jewish plight at all.

However, why are they making this denial a criminal offense? Does anybody have a specific answer outside of the usual conspiracy stuff, like money, banking or whatever.
Any good thoughts on this matter?

Link to news article

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh and they wish to pay for security at Jewish schools!!

Is this to do with actual security threats because they are more at risk or is this because they are more valued than other religions and or races, creeds etc?

I just don't get it.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to deny it , it is history. It is against the law in Germany , some states in the US , and a few other countries as well.

edit on 3-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So.. We cant discuss it? i mean i don't deny holocaust. it happened, but i question many statistic that was written down.

Also there were many and worse massacres happened in the last century, why does holocaust gets special treatment? other massacres are not important?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why would anyone want to deny it , it is history. It is against the law in Germany , some states in the US , and a few other countries as well.

I understand what you are saying but why is it a criminal offense? There have been worse things in history. Why do they get such special privilege?

Our right to think what we want is being taken slowly but surely. What happens if next month its a criminal offense to say 9/11 was an inside job, or denying the moon landing in 69 ever happened and making that a criminal offense.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
So.. We cant discuss it? i mean i don't deny holocaust. it happened, but i question many statistic that was written down.

Also there were many and worse massacres happened in the last century, why does holocaust gets special treatment? other massacres are not important?

Exactly. This is my point. I just do not get what makes this bunch of people so special and above everyone else.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

originally posted by: Gothmog

I understand what you are saying but why is it a criminal offense? There have been worse things in history. Why do they get such special privilege?

Our right to think what we want is being taken slowly but surely. What happens if next month its a criminal offense to say 9/11 was an inside job, or denying the moon landing in 69 ever happened and making that a criminal offense.

I do not necessarily think it should be a crime. Although , due to the heinous acts committed I imagine to deny it would be what we in the US would consider "hate speech".
This was one of the major genocide operations ever in the history of the world.Thats why it ranks above most others .
edit on 3-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
Oh and they wish to pay for security at Jewish schools!!

Is this to do with actual security threats because they are more at risk or is this because they are more valued than other religions and or races, creeds etc?

I just don't get it.

There's one school in London where they basically have London buses with TFL bus drivers specifically for the school. The buses line up at the gate, kids come out and they're dropped off to their homes meanwhile all other normal schools don't get any of that special service.

The school itself is state-funded and not private.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Interesting!! IS there a reason why this happens? Does the local council there have/given any expalnation to why these kids are treated differently?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

I doubt they would come out with an honest answer.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I do not see the reason to make it a criminal offense, we have idiots that deny all sorts of things.

That does not mean that what these people believe is factual in anyway. But is ignorance criminal?

However, as time passes I do see more and more people who do not let facts affect them and thus deny the holocaust.

Every year farther from the event the more people we have denying it. Every year farther from the event fewer and fewer actual witnesses to the atrocities are alive. Very few now live that were witnesses to this period of history.

My fear is that as the years go by the level of evil that existed will fade in humanities memory, eventually becoming nothing more than myth in many minds.

History does tend to repeat itself.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Making it a criminal offense may not be the best way to deal with this, but I get the why fully.

It was real, it happened and it was a horror. Every bit as much a horror as ISIS is on a smaller scale.

They are dying off, but some of the victims are still alive. People my age have heard first hand accounts and have no doubt of the truth of it.

Many who deny the Holocaust do so out of hatred of all Jews and that insanity is clearly being pushed by some sick minded people. The kind who are in fact a danger themselves in some cases it seems to me.

To say its not a problem today is a lie. I actually know someone well, who is Jewish and who had to pull his son out of a private school in the southern part of France due to death threats because he is Jewish. He was trying to get a more diverse education while staying with his mother's family there. The local police would not help, the school would not help and to protect his life he had to return to the US. Jewish children face a genuine danger in some places still today, as enlightened as people like to pretend they are.

I have no love, patience or time for those who hate based on things like ethnicity, religion or color as they lurk behind the false faces they put out to the public. Jail may not be the answer, but its absolutely understandable why some might think such behavior should be criminal.

Denying the Holocaust is either a lie people tell due to their own hate, or they have been taught it by people who are not worth the time it takes to acknowledge they exist. Rational people with even basic critical thinking skills would never fall for such a lie in my opinion. They may not deserve jail, but they deserve to be scorned.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 6/3/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Since I can not award you 'applause', please accept my attempt at it.

Thank you for that refreshingly honest post.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

There are some who think the earth is hollow. Should not believing that space as we know it is real be made a crime too? Some people Will deny anything. Might as well make stupidity a criminal offence too.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm not gonna say people weren't put into detainment camps, everyone including we Americans were doing it, but I am convinced alot of things have been kept from the public about what really happened so long ago. one anecdotal example I have was reading about how the "Death Camps" and "six billion" didn't really start apearing until the 60's when Israel was in a tight spot. Haven't looked into it enough though.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: stosh64

There are some who think the earth is hollow. Should not believing that space as we know it is real be made a crime too? Some people Will deny anything. Might as well make stupidity a criminal offence too.

Did you even read my post??

I clearly said it should not be criminal. Take a deep breath and read it again.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The holocaust did happen without a doubt but more people were involved in it than just Hitler. Prescott Bush is just one of many.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilhelmTell
what really happened so long ago.

. Haven't looked into it enough though.

This mentality is exactly what I was talking about in my first post.

Scary

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

The holocaust did happen without a doubt but more people were involved in it than just Hitler. Prescott Bush is just one of many.

How did I know that "blame Bush" would show up in this thread?

Shakes head and exits thread.......

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
History repeats itself in such a ironic way that now Jews are persecuting a group in their own homeland just as the once claimed to happen to themselves and relatives. I'm not completly dense on the subject, I just don't hold the Germans at fault for doing something countless other groups, including Americans, Brits, and Jews do themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join