It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm So Proud of My State, Texas For Leading The Fight Against The Fiat Money; HB483 29-2 Passes!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
It's like a bank......except instead of depositing crappy fiat funny money, you can deposit precious metals. I see this as a way to even pay bills, etc, bypassing using the US Dollar after its inevitable collapse.

I've lived in Texas for 13 years and I feel grafted on permanently now. Go Texas! Next up: Seceding from the union. We have a 3 trillion a year economy down here. We don't need the United States. The united states needs us.

The US gets back 79 cents on every tax dollar it puts into Texas. 33% of Texas state revenue is federal aid. 10 out of every 1000 residents is a Federal employee. And the bank/vault is 20 square feet and the gold belongs to the State University System. So seceding from the union would be a disaster for Texas.

North Dakota would have better go of it. The US gets $3.83 on every tax dollar it puts in. Only 19% of its State revenue comes from federal aid but, 19 out of every 1000 residents is a Federal employ. So that would not work out so well either but, they would have the best chance.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
good effort.....it's a sacrifice out.......there is a gold problem......no one speaks it out loud.
Did you know we have none.....even with Red Dog and Pogo in Alaska

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Love the name GBP/JPY it's awesome and ROFL at the same time. I just started doing binary options a little here and there. I trade the GBP/JPY sometimes but I usually stick to EUR/USD and USD/JPY for volatility and price action reasons.

And your right about the gold issue. Heck silver will become more scarce here to soon as miners can't afford to dig it out at less than 22-24 dollar an OZ with current price conditions for fuel and materials used in the mining industry.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

Unless the feds were to collapse in such a scenario, if it came down to it the feds would confiscate the gold. What would Texas do? Secede? Even if they did, Texas wouldn't be able to defend the gold. The US wouldn't recognize the succession, would move in to take it, and then put down an internal rebellion.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

a reply to: BlessedLore

Unless the feds were to collapse in such a scenario, if it came down to it the feds would confiscate the gold. What would Texas do? Secede? Even if they did, Texas wouldn't be able to defend the gold. The US wouldn't recognize the succession, would move in to take it, and then put down an internal rebellion.

How can I say this, I don't want a economic collapse but apparently the elite do though. With the mis-management of everything to date it's not if but when. Honestly when that time occurs I highly doubt the FED/and or US would come to confiscate the gold/precious metals in the Texas depository because:

1. They will be merging to a entirely digital currency though collapse of most currencies then to SDR's then the digital currency push comes, hence the RFID(Beast SYS) chips soon to roll out; so they will care less over Gold/Silver as currency in the scope of things to come.

2.If the FED/and or US did do that then it would definitely spark a 2nd Civil War. First most Texans would rise up against any enemy foreign or domestic that would try that. Second many Americans would see that in the same light as Police beating and killing people as of late and many Americans would join the fight. Thirdly, many states are desperately fighting to keep state's rights or trying to get there, many state's would join in the fight and there you have a division in America, split in half and tinkering towards Civil War; so no I don't think the FED/and or US would do such UNLESS THEY WANTED A CIVIL WAR............

3. Yes the FED/ and the Federal government would not recognize Texas if we seceded from the United States but some states would, the people would, Russia and a few other countries would, and Chuck Norris would too(sorry I couldn't help myself on that last one)..... Not to mention the lol.... U.N. would as well most likely and damn it if the Pope can recognize Palestine then he better recognize the great state and republic of Texas.

Disclaimer: I do not wish for the above, I' am just showing it's possibilities to the above mentioned post. Allot of state's truly are at their wit's end with the current situations.....

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's funny to me, and anyone else who doesn't live in Texas I assume, to think of the folks down there getting all riled up about leaving the Union. It's NEVER going to happen. But hey, that kind of talk can get Texans' attention away from all of the other problems they have going on there, (School text book censorship, Fracking, Anti women's health care, Voting rights restrictions, ect, etc, etc....).

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are obviously not a Texan. It's an approach we favor here for extricating ourselves from the Federal Government. In the event of some sort of catastrophe (natural or man-made) we will be able to tear ourselves away from the rest of the country and survive on our own (defending the 12th largest economy in the world with the 2.5 guns per person we have.)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousRider

Ah, Texas 'enlightenment'.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

With other people's gold?

What are you going to do, eat it?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
near Moscow, a farmer from the village Kolionovo introduced into circulation its own currency youtu.be... called the cut paper Koliony, prosecutor saw it as a threat to the Russian economy. somebody tell the prosecutor did not make me laugh, or lips were cracked

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

With other people's gold?

What are you going to do, eat it?

Well maybe, your immune system does need (TRACE) amounts of both gold and silver to function at it's maximum capacity ( Texas might be preparing for a post apocalypse life style ) . But,what as you imply, is the actual , real world commodity ( as in things people need to survive ) value of gold ?
It's #ty soft for weapons or any other application as a metal , it's pretty great for electronics, but not nearly as essential or necessary as some rare earth elements. And has a super high galvanic transport chance ( just like uranium , which is why both are found in sea water )

Why in the hell in ancient times did anyone , ever, decide that gold and silver have ANY intrinsic value for use ( outside of electronics ) , let alone become an unsurpassed standard of monetary evaluation?
?

low melt temperatures, easy to mint, and physically attractive to humans ( and possibly crows ) . Mines where expensive operations in the old days ( as NOW ), and few could marshal the resources and defense of such operations ( a political nature to the metals value assessment )

More importantly, the ancient systems that made gold and silver value standards , well understood that labor actions had to have a value assessment assigned to them , the value must have a constant standard and that standard , for reasons of stability and power centralization could not be defined by the value of the work done by the laborers ( whom make everything possible ) .

Hence Texas is perceptionaly front loading: 'GOLD IS Perceived AS VALUE', so they pretend to be undermining 'fiat' money ( all major banks today) as they collect gold from everywhere ( which without a doubt would be "appropriated " at the drop of a hat by the state of texas ) to create financial dominance, or security, when all the fiats collapse from no real world worth ( almost all money (mostly made by banks) is backed by less than ten percent of real world assets, in some cases as low as 3% )
Well it is obviously a case of "Texas" pushing perception of 'gold ' economics ( for the obvious gain of a slight few people with interests inside texas ), at the expense of public opinion of the current ( backless) fiat currency system ( and it's imminent demise) .

but as you say you can't eat gold(well kinda of ) ...if the financial system collapses (AND IT WILL) WHAT WILL TEXAS GOLD mean? ...heh not oil (can't eat that either)..the most practical outcome of this endeavor is "texas" perceived notion that gold is power. so why do they want to accumulate it .

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlessedLore
1. They will be merging to a entirely digital currency though collapse of most currencies then to SDR's then the digital currency push comes, hence the RFID(Beast SYS) chips soon to roll out; so they will care less over Gold/Silver as currency in the scope of things to come.

2.If the FED/and or US did do that then it would definitely spark a 2nd Civil War. First most Texans would rise up against any enemy foreign or domestic that would try that. Second many Americans would see that in the same light as Police beating and killing people as of late and many Americans would join the fight. Thirdly, many states are desperately fighting to keep state's rights or trying to get there, many state's would join in the fight and there you have a division in America, split in half and tinkering towards Civil War; so no I don't think the FED/and or US would do such UNLESS THEY WANTED A CIVIL WAR............

3. Yes the FED/ and the Federal government would not recognize Texas if we seceded from the United States but some states would, the people would, Russia and a few other countries would, and Chuck Norris would too(sorry I couldn't help myself on that last one)..... Not to mention the lol.... U.N. would as well most likely and damn it if the Pope can recognize Palestine then he better recognize the great state and republic of Texas.

In the event of #1 the gold deposits in Texas won't be worth anything. What you're more likely to find though is that when a digital currency is created it will be backed at least partially by a basket of goods. That currency would also be able to be traded for gold (something many suspect the US is missing these days) which makes the gold reserves of an enemy nation a prime target.

In the event of #2 an armed populace cannot defend a location. Civilians with guns act as a guerrilla army which means attack and retreat tactics to reduce area of influence to small defensible locations. Rifles and handguns don't do you any good against naval blockades, air strikes, and tanks. Gold is held in central locations that require defense, that's an easy target for an army to move in and take. Where they would have problems is in instituting martial law afterwards, but with financial control and the ability to block supply lines martial law is superfluous.

In the event of #3, many nations would not recognize a state governor declaring independence, especially if it meant trade sanctions by the rest of the US. If you were to secede through a public vote that's gone about legally that's one thing (see Scotland recently) but simply declaring independence doesn't get the same level of respect. The only nations that would recognize an independent Texas are people like China, Russia, and North Korea... is that really who you want to ally with?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join