It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia releases 89-name EU travel blacklist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The Hague (AFP) - Moscow has released a blacklist of European Union politicians barred from Russia in response to EU sanctions over Crimea and Ukraine, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Friday.

The letter, which was confirmed as authentic by the Dutch foreign ministry to AFP, said Moscow had asked for the list not to be made public.

Sweden's foreign ministry confirmed eight of its nationals were also on the list, but did not reveal any names. "It is very striking behaviour which unfortunately does not improve Russia's image and we have asked for a clarification for this conduct," Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstroem was quoted as saying by news agency TT.

Moscow on Sunday turned back German MP Karl-Georg Wellmann, who has strong links to Ukraine, from Moscow airport, despite his having been invited to take part in political discussions.

The Russian authorities put him back on a plane for Berlin and slapped an entry ban on him until 2019, German media reported.

Wow, scary stuff.

Especially after watching German reporter/news columnist confessing his personal encounter with the CIA pushing for a Russian conflict.

I would not be be surprised if most of these 'countries' involved are puppet-ed by a common group.

After all, Germany and Russia shares the common symbolism of the double headed eagle of Lagash.

Double Headed Eagle

Whatever the case, all this war rhetoric is very scary.

Related ATS post

edit on 3-6-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Whatever the case, all this war rhetoric is very scary.

..Or that is, this seemingly purposeful, *conspicuous* dialog from all sides - the US, EU nations and Russia.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just a little on the so called journalist in the video...

www.dialoginternational.com...

He is a Russian media whore that other media outlets stay away from...because he has nothing to back his claim.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Putin is just playing a game because the sanctions they have on them.

Wow, scary stuff.

Wow, propaganda.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You know I often remark on how bad China is at diplomacy. Granted China is pretty new at the game but, ticking off every nation in your part of the World is never a good idea. Russia however has been a playing global diplomacy for a very long time. So unlike the Chinese this is not a case of not being capable. You would think Russia would chose to try and drive a wedge between the EU and US. Pushing back on the US while playing nice with the EU. However, Russia internal problems at home of seem to have overridden Russia's global strategic concerns.

This tells us the Putin sees his greatest threat at home. By being aggressive with the West he may be driving the EU and US even closer together but, at home he sell this as a sign of his strength and hope to distract the Russian people from what is going on at home. The weakness and vulnerability of the Russian economy, the deaths of popular opposition figures, and the covert war in Ukraine and the treatment of soldiers killed there has created a dire undertone in Russia. Putin seems to only have two answers for this, crack downs on opposition and using the West as a scapegoat while at the same time showing how strong Russia is.

To secure things at home Putin is willing to sacrifice Russia strategic position knowing the West is not going attack unless pushed to far. The real problem he has is getting out of Ukraine without losing face. If he pulls his troops out the revolt is over. If her keeps them in things at home just get harder for every Russian killed.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I never really knew how this propaganda was was fought until I started following this Ukraine thing going down and how the stories get twisted to always pointing the finger's in one direction .I am really getting it now and can almost predict what some members will say or at least know what direction their finger will be pointing . They mimic the western MSM in the way they want to make the conversation go . Check out this interview and see if yyou can spot the spin doctor at work with bated question in tow of logical answers from the interviewed .
To add a little comparison and response

edit on 3-6-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

There are two usual troublemakers in US state department briefings, Matt Lee and Gayane Chichakyan.

I like this video where J. Psaki was trying to defend the usage of inflammatory language towards Russians by the former Ukr Foreign Minister.
worth watching youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Just a little on the so called journalist in the video...

www.dialoginternational.com...

He is a Russian media whore that other media outlets stay away from...because he has nothing to back his claim.

That is some source, and David Vickrey is no more a journalist than the man in the Moon..but it's good to talk isn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

and David Vickrey is no more a journalist than the man in the Moon
Thar last name rung a bell with something I was reading earlier . ...

Along with the article in USA Today that describe people of DPR as “lawless,” and the article in Aljazeera that labels the Ukraine’s Civil War as “the Christian was on Russians,” Sheren Khalel and Matthew Vickery authored article for Haaretz

On February 3rd, these two published material titled, Ukraine led by ‘miserable Jews,’ says rebel leader [source]

“Head of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic says the country’s traditional nationalists would ‘turn in their grave’ if they could see who was leading the country today.” Thus Sheren Khalel and Matthew Vickery marked people of Donetsk as anti-Semites.

Sheren Khalel and Matthew Vickery, have not stopped calling people in the Eastern Ukraine “lawless anti-Semites in war with Christens.” On May 4, 2015, a duo published an article in Foreign Policy, the division of the Washington Post Company, titled: “In Eastern Ukraine, Doctors Are ‘Terrorists’ and Antibiotics Are Herbs
thesaker.is...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Yea she says well you are familiar with the language we use and don't use ..lol How about the F===K EU Nuland language Jen ..

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Oh no, you again..

I don't know about this article, but it would not take much to verify that he does indeed work for, and write articles for, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung which is basically like the New York Times for Germany.

I don't think they would just let any nut case write articles for them.

I don't need this guy, you, or anyone else to convince me that our major media outlets are, or are not, a - *highly controlled* and *orchestrated* propaganda machine. I can see this and confirm it with my own eyes.

I also don't need this guy or you to confirm for me whether the 'Trans-Atlantic organizations' (in his words) are pushing for, or instigating war. I can also confirm this with my own eyes.

It is very apparent.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
European Parliament retaliates over Russia entry ban

The European Parliament retaliated on Tuesday against a Russian entry ban on European politicians and military leaders, saying Moscow's envoy to Brussels was no longer welcome at the assembly and Russian lawmakers would be vetted before being allowed in.

The statement by European Parliament President Martin Schulz came a week after the Russian foreign ministry compiled a blacklist of 89 politicians, military and intelligence officials including outspoken critics of Russia.

"Martin Schulz today informed the Russian ambassador to the EU that ... he considers that it is now justified to take appropriate measures in response," Schulz's office said.

Those measures include blocking free access to Vladimir Chizhov, the Russian ambassador to the European Union, meaning he would only be allowed into the parliament under special circumstances.

Members of the Duma, Russia's lower house of parliament, and the Federation Council, the upper house, will only be granted access on a case-by-case basis, Schulz's office said.

Schulz has also suspended a committee made up of Russian and EU lawmakers that meets several times a year to improve ties.

The steps underscore the worsening standoff between the West and Moscow over the Ukraine conflict.

Since Russia annexed Crimea in March last year, the EU has imposed economic sanctions, visa bans and asset freezes on scores of Russian and Ukrainian citizens and organisations.

Moscow denies Western accusations that it is supporting pro-Russian separatists battling government forces in Ukraine, where 6,200 people have died in the fighting.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So Russia has banned a few scumbag politicians from entry into there own #ty country?

Shame we cant can the same people from the Eu lol

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wonder what they accomplish by banning these people? Also I wonder what is the purpose they regularly visit Russia?

new topics

top topics

join