It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs flying over Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibertyPD32
Here's another picture from the set theres no muck on the window. I have more pics. The one with the objects is in the middle of the series.a reply to: gortex

In the first the focus was on the window [wing and horizon out of focus]. In this one the focus is on the horizon and the window schmutz isn't visible.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LibertyPD32

Your friend should ask the airlines to clean the window!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
In the first the focus was on the window [wing and horizon out of focus]. In this one the focus is on the horizon and the window schmutz isn't visible.
Yay, someone who knows something about photography!

I think that's the answer right there. It relates to the photographic concept called "depth of field" which helps explain why you can see the window schmutz in one case and not in the other, if it is in fact window schmutz, which is sort of what it looks like to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The first image also appears to be a crop as the pixel dimensions are different.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LibertyPD32

Objects and details near to the lens aren't shown when the focus is on something passed it. The first shot showing the "UFOs" was focused on the window. You can tell by the prominence of the scratches. It WAS muck on the window, if not then it was very near to the lens. I'll also point out that the plane's wing is incredibly blurred, anything further on from that would be even more blurred and would not stand out as sharp.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Looks like somebody was having a spitball fight, or maybe one of the flight attendants got a little too friendly with a window flier.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

To add to this,as most point-and-shoot cameras only have a single focus point and the average user doesn't know this and will just try to take a photo by errrmmm.... pointing and shooting while not giving any consideration to what it'll be focussed on.The first photo of the alleged flying blobs had the autofocus pick up on the dirty blobs on the window,while the next one was probably taken with the camera pointing slightly to the left of the first one when it was able to pick up on the winglet to focus on.
It was probably also being used in fully automatic or program mode as most non-photographers would use such a camera, which tend to favour a wide aperture (F2.8 or there abouts) to give as fast a shutter speed as possible to reduce the risk of motion blur,but with the loss of depth of field.
edit on 4-6-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join