It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Wedding Opposite Westboro Baptist Church? Maybe!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Dumbledore and Gandalf to marry in front of gay-hating church!!!

www.irishtimes.com...

JK Rowling’s dream of a marriage between wizards Dumbledore and Gandalf, embraced by the author on social media following Ireland’s same-sex marriage referendum, will soon become a reality.

US equality group Planting Peace plans to hold a wedding between the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings characters in front of the anti-gay hate group, the Westboro Baptist Church, in Kansas this weekend.

Well this is a giggle, ain't it...

The hate filled Phelps-born "Church" wanted to picket the wedding in Ireland...

Now another group has chimed in and offered to hold the ceremony...
Directly opposite the WBC in Kansas...

Aaron Jackson, founder of Planting Peace, who bought and established “Equality House” opposite the Westboro Baptist Church to counter its anti-gay campaigning, said that the group would host the marriage of Gandalf the White and Professor Albus Dumbledore at the house on Sunday afternoon.

The marriage of the characters (played by volunteer actors) will take place right across from the WBC’s front lawn.

Not earth shattering news...

But certainly a current event that will raise a few eyebrows...
& tickle a few ribs.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

AAAA,HA,HA,HA,HAAAAAAA.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Trolling level 100.

I love it.

Combines all of the things WBC hates--gay marriage, fantasy, wizardry, Catholic allegorical tales (LOR), magic, and robes.
edit on 2-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

link   
Let 'em. It's not there's anything stopping it. It's when they start suing to force the Westboro Church to host the event or officiate that I have an issue.

link   
Why even acknowledge and thus legitimizing these asshats?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

For the same reason this sits right across the street.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Uh huh and what do you think would be more disturbing to these people? That or hearing, "Westboro? What's that?"

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

When I first read this I thought it was about Sir Ian McKellen (who actually is gay) marrying Michael Gambon (since Richard Harris is deceased). I see it is actually a mock wedding now, but it is still pretty funny even if it is like a live-action fan fiction.
edit on 2-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Love it!

Hopefully no violence is directed at the wedding goers from the "church".

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
Love it!

Hopefully no violence is directed at the wedding goers from the "church".

Nah. They'll just get mad and go picket at the funeral to some natural or unrelated disaster and blame the disaster on the fake wedding as is their MO.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

No, that's not what they want. They would prefer to provoke someone into attacking them so they can sue.

That has always been Westboro's schtick. I think their star has waned since ole Fred died.

edit on 2-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MoreBeer

No, that's not what they want. They would prefer to provoke someone into attacking them so they can sue.

That has always been Westboro's schtick. I think their star has waned since ole Fred died.

I believe if they keep protesting soldiers funerals they may get the wish sooner rather than later unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

One small correction, if I may.

It's a "wedding".

Not a "gay wedding".

Two souls are being united. (symbolically, I get that)

But it is just a wedding.

When you preface it with "gay" it sets a distinction that really should be avoided. We're trying to gain equality here, not separate but equal.

Gay wedding is definitely, "separate but equal".

Wedding is just wedding.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Gotta agree.

Ignore the frauds into insignificance.

As amusing as it is, this gives 'em press they don't deserve.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It is also an element of indulging in the very behavior you claim you dislike in them.

If you don't like the way Westboro disrespects you, then you shouldn't likewise disrespect them.

It's basically flaunting the Golden Rule. Respect has to start somewhere. And if you're always waiting for it to start with the other guy, then you could be waiting for Hell to freeze over.

edit on 2-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If you don't like the way Westboro disrespects you, then you shouldn't likewise disrespect them.

That's not what Jesus taught.

It's basically flaunting the Golden Rule. Respect has to start somewhere. And if you're always waiting for it to start with the other guy, then you could be waiting for Hell to freeze over.

Don't respect or disrespect. Give them the attention they deserve....none.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Now, you are sending a mixed message with that post.

I missed the part where Christ taught en eye for an eye was how you should behave. I thought he said something like this

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
which indicates to me that if you know what you're doing is pushing every one of someone else's buttons, you ought not be doing it.

And when I say respect, I do not say like.

Respect -

deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment

More the simple acknowledgement of live and let live. You leave them alone if you want them to eventually leave you alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

But just holding a "wedding" in front of the WBC doesn't mean anything, but if it's a gay wedding, then now you understand what's going on. It's done with a purpose in this case, and not just reckless abandonment of political correctness.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's exactly what I meant. It's pretty clear. Incongruous with this though:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
All I care about, it's the wbc being REALLY bothered and aggravated. They are no different to ISIS to me.
Dirty twisted scum should be eradicated. Just like they want the rest of the world to be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join