It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Control District Attorney's Office in Orange County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
source
edit on 6/2/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

The sunny Southern California county with a population surpassing that of nearly half the states has a Republican district attorney, Tony Rackauckas, and a big problem on its hands: Its entire prosecutorial apparatus — all 250 lawyers in the district attorney’s office — have been disqualified from participation in a high-profile capital-murder case following revelations that the office colluded with the Orange County sheriff’s department to systematically suppress potentially exculpatory evidence in at least three dozen cases, committing what legal scholars have characterized as perjury and obstruction of justice in the process.

No surprise here. Having had the experience of going through the system in Orange County I know the public defenders office trades off cases with the DA to lighten their caseload. Oh well.

Who cares right?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Execution of all 250 within the week.

2nd.
edit on 2-6-2015 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sounds like they have all gone on a road trip in a hand basket. Is there no punishment for perjury at all any more?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

These are just the people that got caught. I imagine this is far from the only place where this happens.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Sounds like they have all gone on a road trip in a hand basket. Is there no punishment for perjury at all any more?

Perjury? Is that all you took out of that?

They suppressed this: en.wikipedia.org... Then yeah, they purged themselves by telling a judge otherwise.

Which is more damaging to a human life? Sending one to jail or lying to a judge? An innocents persons life will be changed irrevocably by being locked up with animals when they did nothing wrong. Lying to a judge won't even hurt his or her feelings.
edit on 2-6-2015 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The system and its operatives are an existential threat to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Society is breaking down.

Enough of this mockery. Eliminate 80% of laws and 80% of LEOs as a start.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This totally relates to the discussion on the "Killer tries to kill again" thread, this is why you cant trust the sytem enough to do the death penalty.

link   
Wow. Kudos to the judge for actually holding these scumbags responsible for violating due process for once. Though, unfortunately, this is just another pebble in the growing mountain of police and prosecutor violations across the country.

link   

Title needs corrected mate.

The situation looks exactly as you described it, its like the gov just doesn't care.
Profit from what you can, while you can?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006
Fixed and thanks.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

My job requires me to interact with federal agents, and I even had to travel to Riverside once in order to do work on a RICO case involving the Mexican Mafia. During that trip, I met with an AUSA (Assistant U.S. Attorney) in L.A. (along with other attorneys and agents), and they flat out told me, point blank, about the corruption and bribery and everything else that happens with some of the LEOs and attorneys in the area.

Needless to say, I wasn't surprised, but I was kind of shocked that they'd tell someone they just met about all of this.

This is why I usually say that there's nothing wrong with our legal system, it's the people who supply the bodies in the chairs that make it broken and reprehensible.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

There was a thread about this very subject a few months back. It was a court case that determined prosecutors have no legal obligation to disclose exculpatory evidence that they have. So long as the prosecutor chooses to not make it part of their case (and why would they? they would then lose) they don't have to reveal it to the defense.

top topics

join