It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer trys to kill again More proof that life should mean LIFE.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
As hard as it is, I think that the duty of the prison service is to rehabilitate where this is possible. In only a very few circumstances should life mean "life".

The issue here is whether this person had demonstrated that he had reformed and was fit for release. I do think that if this was not forthcoming he should have remained locked up as a "public threat". sadly, I think human rights activists, lawyers and do-gooders may disagree.

I am opposed to capital punishment and laugh in the face of people who think guns would actually help!

Rehabilitation is only a bandaid when it comes to those requiring medication. It doesn't work where medication is NEEDED for the rehab to work. Time and time again, those requiring medication do not take it after they feel they are better and time and time again they do the same mentally ill stuff they always have.

Capital punishment in this case is well warranted. It should have been taken care of the first time around. I mean this guy was rehabilitated for 30 years and was on parole when he did this.....so rehab doesn't really seem like the answer either, and I laugh in the face of those that say it is.....this OP article is a PERFECT example of it NOT working.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Rehabilitation is only a bandaid when it comes to those requiring medication.

No it's not. Rehabilitation is something you do to ensure the convicted offender can re-enter society. A rapist or a car thief - it's the same principle.

Capital punishment in this case is well warranted.

No it's not. Capital punishment is never warranted.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Why?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Maybe more proof we as a collective, perpetually powering this machine called society, should actually take care of our machine and fix it, pay attention to the flaws.

Fix the system, you fix those dependant on it, and lost inside of it.

Simple as that. But that is too Real for people today . .

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What about the other monsters of our society? If premeditated murder should mean life without the possibility of eventual parole then the rapist beasts and kiddie fiddlers of this world should also be treated the same. And they receive sentences of 3-5 years! The mind boggles really.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No it's not. Rehabilitation is something you do to ensure the convicted offender can re-enter society. A rapist or a car thief - it's the same principle.

You used the word "ensure". So...how do you ensure it? This case shows it does not work.

Can you explain why capital punishment is not warranted in this case? His first crime, he killed a pregnant girl (5 months pregnant), raped her and stomped her head, stabbed her, then set her on fire. Essentially he killed two people, the mother and the unborn son as at 5 months a kid an survive outside the womb. This case, he very likely intended to kill the girl, leaving the tip of the knife blade embedded in her skull and having to get over 140 stitches.

And you say rehab ensures they can re-enter society? Surely you are kidding......
edit on 6/2/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Something to chew over...

> UK tariffs

I think that where possible you should leave sentencing it up to the judge within the framework of the law.

Chew over what?
I know the guidelines and think for murder they need reforming.

And I think the sentencing guiltiness under the " framework of the law" is a load of bollocks and needs changing.

Life should mean life where pre meditated murder is concerned.

Dont like it? Well dont plan out and commit a freaking murder, pretty simple really?
edit on 2-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Guy was most likely instatitionalized and wanted to go back and only knew one way to go back for good. Killing someone. It happens a lot.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You come across as very naive. Prisons do not rehabilitate anyone. If a prisoner wants that he has to do it himself and that's a task while they are IN prison.

www.msn.com... spr

Pay close attention to the letter dated Jan.14, 2014. And that's just 1 instance out of what a reasonable person could assume is millions.

When you get into the system, they'll do everything they can to make sure you stay there. If you believe otherwise, sorry, I can't help you.

And the death penalty is useless. It isn't a moral issue with me, but it's due to the fact that more people die of old age on death row than they do actually being executed. Thank the lawyers and their persuasive arguments to judges as to why certain appeals should be listened to. Appeals that the lawyers themselves help inmates draft.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Kiddie-fiddlers?

I prefer monster.

...Fair trial, then kill 'em. My attitude towards those are based on holding a little girl screaming in her nightmare because "Daddy came back." Death is the only punishment fit for them.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Completely agree!

I say remove them from our gene pool. Attempting to rehabilitate or monitor such damaged goods is nothing more than folly and by no means effective.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh vasa that is horrible! A stalker is an obsessed individual to begin with, so you're quite right to be very cautious.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I feel the same but this is why you cant do the death penalty.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Life should mean life.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You used the word "ensure". So...how do you ensure it? This case shows it does not work.

Can you explain why capital punishment is not warranted in this case? His first crime, he killed a pregnant girl (5 months pregnant), raped her and stomped her head, stabbed her, then set her on fire. Essentially he killed two people, the mother and the unborn son as at 5 months a kid an survive outside the womb. This case, he very likely intended to kill the girl, leaving the tip of the knife blade embedded in her skull and having to get over 140 stitches.

And you say rehab ensures they can re-enter society? Surely you are kidding......

And just by the girl being pregnant he should have been charged with 2 counts of manslaughter (murder in the 1st degree). However , with people now too soft-hearted we also let them serve a short sentence for claiming mentally deranged(?).And that leads to criminals that did a lot less severe crime being locked up longer. Sad...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

never is a strong word. i think Capital punishment is warranted in many cases.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Some people are just not right in the head or Criminally Insane. You just can't rehabilitate or cure everyone. Some people, need to be kept away from other people for our protection.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Can you explain why capital punishment is not warranted in this case?

Sorry, I thoyght I was clear. Capital punishment is never an answer. Some people - incuding myself - just don't think state sanctioed murder is acceptabe in any circumstance.

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
You come across as very naive. Prisons do not rehabilitate anyone. If a prisoner wants that he has to do it himself and that's a task while they are IN prison.

Niave - very nice. However, the role of the prison service in the UK is to ensure the convicted offender is able to return to society.

To the OP. Clearly this person should not have been released and any post release measures may not have been adequate.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I'm fairly certain I know who you are referring to, and I agree. They should not have been let out, especially after only the short amount of time they were jailed.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Idon't care.
The money spent to confine said scum would best spent on something constructive.
1 bullet WILL suffice ,nor do i LIKE torturing unless I want something REAL bad.
Then a bullet.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If you're proven to be a scumbag beyond a shadow of a doubt, that doesn't care about other humans.. why the hell should I care to keep them alive? Life in prison? No. A life pushing up daisies sounds good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join