It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Show Gives Struggling Families $101,000 — But There's a Sick Twist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wait til the next show where they share nothing....it will happen.
edit on 2-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

First off I agree, this is an awful premise for a TV show. Especially in these current times.

(PS: I'm stretching out here but bare with me, just curious if anyone else picks up on this perspective...)

However, is it just me, or does this seem to be a sly way for the rich to "prove" that they are entitled to their wealth and shouldn't give to the more needy?

What I mean is, in current times; I imagine in not too long from now, there will be some sort of call for the uber rich to disperse some of their overly amassed wealth into the general population.

For instance, a sole person with billions stashed in the bank can surely not in a normal lifetime possibly spend that much money. (Unless a stupidly egotistical lifestyle is pursued)

So in the knowledge that there are certain people in the world who have acquired wealth far beyond their needs; does it not stand to reason that the ever increasingly aware population will begin to question why these so called Billionaires are not using the spare money, that they will never touch, to help the poverished in our world?

To relate it back to the OP, if a TV show such as this can show that even the poor will resist giving to each other in order to better themselves, does this not give some justice in a convoluted way that the rich are entitled to sit on their wealth and ignore the suffering?

... Forgive me if this is totally off the mark, I began to type and it turned into a half rant heheh. But humour me

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I wanted to make a show about poor people fighting over change thrown from a passing limo, but the networks said that it was already in development.

I see that it was true.

Dang.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I wonder if the families feel they were "exploited" and whether people on this thread know the meaning of the word...
I guess it depends on how you bend the meaning of the word.

To some on the show this would be a great gift! To others, probably not. I would encourage people to watch the first episode before they start throwing rocks.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe I watched a different video than most of you guys... Yeah CBS is filthy rich and could already help out millions more families rather than stuffing their own pockets. I get that.

Many times these shows are initially conceived and a pilot is produced, by a group hoping to generate some attention and sell the product to a network. At it's core this show is a feel good piece hoping to generate an emotional response and get people to appreciate what they have. They want to remind Americans of humility, and the idea of getting more value from emotional growth than money could ever buy. Seems to me to be an honorable idea. I'll just stay optimistic and hope it was initially produced by some really good guys, that will likely use the money they make from the show to help even more people. I can bring the negative feelings and resentment toward the stinkin' rich basterds at CBS for not shaing more of what they will make off these peoples work, but there is no gain in that.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's a TV show!, with a script, director & actors, they use monopoly cash...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
It's a TV show!, with a script, director & actors, they use monopoly cash...

I have told the members here that all "reality" shows are BS, but for some reason they prefer to not believe it.
I have worked on at least 10 reality tv shows and pilots as a pa, location mgr, epk, AD, and not one of them was legit.
The naivete of normally suspicious and cynical members never ceases to amaze me. I guess "you believe, what you wanna believe"
There is an off chance that this show is different but I doubt it.

edit on 2-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
When in need you keep the money.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I would just say "Darwin, bitches!"
"Survival of the fittest"
"Knaw' mean?"
"Piece!"

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This seems like the sickest idea for a show since The Swan, or Are You Hot......

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
IRS gets half, state gets their 27% for inheritance tax in Oregon....plus State tax....

Which only leaves enough to pay the back rent & catch up on the car payment.....

edit on 5-6-2015 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join