It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese dog-eating festival outrages foreigners

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

And have longer orgasms I read. Up to 30 minutes, longer then most peoples whole yamba-yamba endures I bet

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Never knew that.. thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The general population needs to respect others cultures. If they want to eat dogs then let them eat dogs!

Dont see India protesting us.

Cultural diversity is a wonderful thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
To each their own. Someday I will try guinea pig and they are cute little creatures the most widely eaten animal in several south American countries . all the bleeding hearts should worry about real issues..growing up on the farm as a child my grandfather would club the extra puppies from the litters to death with his crescent wrench lest they starve or turn wild or be eaten by coyotes. .today's bleeding heart liberals would scream animal cruelty but it made me very good at picking keepers

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Animals exist to be eaten by those stronger and smarter than them. It's just how it works everywhere... And yet there are people more outraged at the slaughter of animals than at the slaughter of people.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

You're absolutely wrong.

I've known veal farmers, chicken farmers, and people who've worked in slaughterhouses. And NOTHING in the West comes close to the sick sh!t these Chinese do to dogs. They TORTURE them because they believe it makes them taste better.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: papazen

Anyone on this thread saying it's hypocritical to condemn this "dog meat festival" is tragically uninformed. It truly is a DOG TORTURE FESTIVAL.

I have literally walked through a veal farm run by a friend of mine. Each cow had his own stall. It was clean. The animals were not mistreated. This veal farm was shut down because of all the flack it got for being "cruel" to the animals.

The conditions these dogs at YuLin suffer before they are tortured to death are deplorable. They are crammed into cages literally on top of one another. Dozens of dogs in a cage fit for one or two dogs. They are tossed about like rag dolls. Many have broken bones before they arrive at their final destination.

They are BOILED ALIVE, SKINNED ALIVE, ELECTROCUTED, BEATEN WITH PIPES, AND BLOWTORCHED TO DEATH. Slowly, in many cases because this subculture of Chinese and southeast Asians (it isn't ALL Chinese or all Asians. Most recognize how utterly cruel these practices are) believe that torturing an animal makes it taste better. SERIOUSLY.

While hanging a chicken upside down and slitting its throat may look brutal, it's fast, it's efficient, and it's relatively humane. The people at this festival GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO TORMENT THESE ANIMALS BEFORE MEETING A SLOW DEATH. It's truly sick, evil, and anyone justifying it is either misinformed or evil themselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Wrong. I WILL judge another culture's practices if they cross a line.

I have no problem with people eating cats or dogs.

But TORTURE is wrong whether it's done to cats, dogs, cows, chickens, or humans. ALWAYS.

There is nothing in Western culture that ENCOURAGES TORTURE.

This Asian subculture encourages the torture of animals. If we can't judge that as wrong, then there simply is no right and wrong and everybody just gets to make up their own rules.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

TBH - i have never in 50 years actually thought about the duration of porcine orgasms - but now i cannot get it out my head

thanks

PS - is 30 min - male or female ????????????????

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The Spanish torture bulls to death. Drop chickens from churches.
Chinese torture their food.

Can someone push the RESET button for humanity ?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Eh, I would argue that only vegetations, or something close (like those that don't eat anything with a "face") have any room for sanctimony on this. I eat plenty of higher mammals and hence, can't really complain about Chinese people eating dogs. The backlash is a bit ethnocentric.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
"startpaged" that for you through my vpn (Don´t want this to show up in the logs ^^, a distant friend is an operator at my local ISP, what would you think if you see it ;-))
allwomenstalk.com...
Here you go ;-)

It´s not my source, though. I think I read it in a "funny-facts" book some years ago or so. Definitly on paper, not a screen.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's hypocritical to say it's ok to eat one animal but not another, because it isn't "common". I thought people loved individuality and didn't like comformity.
edit on 17-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join