It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA preps revolutionary ‘flying saucer’ test flight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

We aren't told of stealth aircraft for about 20years, and then everyone is like "Oh so that's what we were seeing this whole time." Now this makes me think, how long have they had this? Which also brings up, what do they have now that we won't know for 20 more years?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirChill
They tested this thing a year ago, it may be round like a classic "flying saucer", but this is basically a ballute.

Bingo! I was going to post this but you beat me.

It's a bone-stock ballute. Nothing new. Hell, if you watched 2010 about 30 years ago you saw a nice CGI ballute in action. Ballutes have been around since the 50s.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SixX18
Now this makes me think, how long have they had this? Which also brings up, what do they have now that we won't know for 20 more years?

Since about 1958, when Goodyear came up with the idea.

It's an old, very well-known approach to re-entry. One you'd have been aware of if you were versed in the art. There's even a one-man ballute for escaping from LEO spacecraft that was never used, but was tossed around for a while back in the 60s called "MOOSE" -

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Maybe your jaw is still on the floor from the disclosure impact.

Maybe you didn't read the article for understanding, just keywords

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

That's it, game over, you have all been hit with the disclosure hammer.
NASA has "flying saucer technology".

Next time anyone sees a flying saucer, it will be said, oh there goes NASA.
I used to have this project 1794 flying saucer from the USAF in my signature until the mods deleted it, but it dates back to the 1950s, though it was only plans:

Declassified at Last: Air Force’s Supersonic Flying Saucer Schematics

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I remember hearing about this thing for the first time from a tech show on television, possibly a BBC production.

I remember thinking to myself,"Well... That's about the ugliest, not to mention unwieldy looking piece of junk I have ever laid eyes on!"

The simple fact of the matter, is that this thing does not really resemble a flying saucer in the least, most notably because of that Stone Age rocket engine sticking out of it. Flying saucers are interesting to people as a concept, because they have no visible means of propulsion, all their thrust being created by hidden and mysterious methods, and because the way they move defies what we know of physics.

This object will basically be an extremely non-aerodynamic lump with a rocket engine sticking out of it, designed to thrust against the terminal speed of descent through an atmosphere, then flip over for a soft landing. Its little more than a drop pod. Why all the fuss? IT STILL USES MUNDANE CHEMICAL SCIENCE AS ITS SOURCE OF PROPULSION!

I have a suggestion for NASA, which might speed up the process of coming up with new and better propulsion methods for their various craft. What they need to do, is behave as if chemical rockets of any kind, are physically impossible, and give up on building them. No more rockets allowed.

I think they would come up with alternatives to rocketry fast if their continued existence as an organisation depended on doing so. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19407294]TrueBrit I think they would come up with alternatives to rocketry fast if their continued existence as an organisation depended on doing so. What do you think?
They have shut down for all practical purposes.
Close minded really and they don't entertain new proposals due basically to DoD and admit as such.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This announcement has been done to further condition the public to what they have been seeing for thousands of years.
They retired the shuttles because they were inferior to black tech. You don't retire the ferrari in favour of another ferrari.
And the development of flying saucer technology smacks of whats been seen, capture, copied etc etc
We are not alone and never have been!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Too much fail to even bother explaining why this isn't a flying saucer in the sense that we ought to be discussing them.

This is just a round rocket.

This is a real flying saucer.
Not a make believe one.
Not one in an always fuzzy photo.
Not one dangling from a fishing line.
Not a shooting star or swamp gas.

The real deal with a government agency providing the show and tell.

Maybe your jaw is still on the floor from the disclosure impact.

Consider this, this is how they are going to land on another planet, using this flying saucer technology.

My jaw will be on the floor when I see it turn acute angles at a speed that would tear pilots apart in conventional aircraft.

But I predict, that this "flying saucer" will be a vertical ascent and nothing like the things that leave a "blur" on crappy camera phones.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I have a suggestion for NASA, which might speed up the process of coming up with new and better propulsion methods for their various craft. What they need to do, is behave as if chemical rockets of any kind, are physically impossible, and give up on building them. No more rockets allowed.

I think they would come up with alternatives to rocketry fast if their continued existence as an organisation depended on doing so. What do you think?
I think everybody including NASA would like to see better propulsion methods and NASA's eagleworks has some interesting research toward that end but some of it is on very fundamental science which means it's nowhere near yielding any practical drive, though they are also working on some more practical alternatives. The Dawn probe photographing Ceres uses an ion drive, but unfortunately such a drive doesn't have enough thrust to escape Earth's gravity so it was launched by conventional rocket.

I don't think we should have any illusions that finding alternatives to conventional rocketry for getting out of Earth's gravity is going to be easy. NASA already lapsed with retiring the shuttle with no replacement though the people controlling NASA's budget played a big role in that.

Outside of Earth's gravity there are other options, like the one used by the Dawn probe.

My jaw will be on the floor when I see it turn acute angles at a speed that would tear pilots apart in conventional aircraft.
So will mine if I ever see any video of any aircraft breaking the laws of physics, though I think it's a myth that flying saucers can do this, which has never been recorded on film to my knowledge. Given a choice between a mis-perception or the laws of physics being broken, I think the misperception is the more likely of the two.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

I read it as, "now all the UFO deniers will have something to say it is." No more "swamp gas" or "weather balloons". Just "oh, it's just NASA testing out their new equipment. They said they have something like that"
Maybe I'm mistaken though.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Interesting >1-hour video uploaded to YouTube by NASA concerning this (2 months old):

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Here's the flight test from last year. The test this month uses a redesigned parachute.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The worst thing about this news is that I think they've had this tech for many years! That's how it has always been! I wonder what they REALLY have that they don't tell us about?

I suspect they have achieved FTL (faster than light) already. There are probably already colonies on Mars, or at least explorers that have gone that far (by now). The truth is that they are always about 35-40 years ahead of what they tell us (According to Richard C. Hoagland). I don't agree with Richard Hoagland on a LOT of things, but that's one place where I believe that he has always been correct!

If it's true that they can get way out there in the universe at this time, then the world should cooperate together (instead of perpetual, never-ending wars to "bring us peace"), and get out in the universe to help figure out ways to fix the problems on earth! Kind of like the theme of (SPOILER!!!!!!!!!) the movie Futureland....

I think it could be done with all the suppressed tech. Imagine where humanity could be.... Will it ever happen? LET'S HOPE

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Too much fail to even bother explaining why this isn't a flying saucer in the sense that we ought to be discussing them.

This is just a round rocket.

Yes, it seems to be. It would be cool if they could have some sort of luminaries glowing inside it when the sails/chutes are open, then it would also look like a Gigantic Chinese Lantern.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

There is likely to be hardcore denial all the way to spin doctoring this into aliens somehow.

I don't think denial has anything to do with it mate. Have you watched the video? It's just a rocket shaped like a thick disc. A rocket. It's hardly a floating, silent moving disc of illuminating light now is it? If anything, from the 60+ years of documented UFO files, it would appear that they've been going backwards in technology... This doesn't solve anything haha! Sure as hell doesn't disclose any UFO files that are unsolved.

Have to admit though, it's a start to getting actual saucer shaped space craft, just not good enough to scrap all current UFO investigations I'm afraid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join