It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why should Islam be taken down.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
When Saladin retook Jerusalem from the crusaders, his adminstration allowed jews, Christians, Muslims, any and all religions to enter Jerusalem and worship as their beliefs instructed. There was a single Catch; If your religious practice interfered with the practice of another, you were publically beheaded.
That was to this day one of the most peacefull periods in Jerusalem.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why Doesn't GWBush convert to Islam and change America's official religion...

That would mean that the USA would be the largest Islamic nation on earth and could lauch a Jihad against "heretical" Islamic groups in the middle east. GWB could re-establish the caliphat as the presidency of America, making the president Allah's representative on earth.

We could then justify the oil wars as our unalienable religous right, as well as moving the Islamic holy days to Xmas and Easter. Within a couple of generations no one will even remember Mohummad was an arab...

Why not? it worked for the Romans...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

Muslims look at west as infidels.

Provide me with a link in Quran where it says the Westerners are infidles. I can provide you with quite a few where it talks about repecting Christianity and Jews but that will not fit the agenda of people like you will it?

They doctrine is to convert everybody by force and these are the subjects that need to be changed. They can not go out there and kill people just because somebody didn't agree with their religion or decided to criticise them.

Again, quote a part of Quran that says this. You are insulting 90% of the people of my country and demand that you tell me which parts of Quran this comes from otherwise accept that you are totally and completly wrong and you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

O.K I did quote Koran as asked and now you come up with the source bs? of course I would go to an anti Islam site to find anti Islam material! maybe that explains why you are still a Muslim! I mean how could you expect to go to an Islamic site and find anti Islamic material?

any ways this is beside the point what I have quoted are direct from Kuran and thats enough for me!

You are saying that this is all time dependant stuff yet they are in Kuran which is supposed to be the last book sent by god for all man kind in all times???????

Please , nice way of side stepping the main point of this thread any ways. I was talking about Woman and Womens rights in Islam and Kuran? are you telling me that god considers Women to be second class citizens? are you telling me that god would condone people being slowly murdered by stoning and ask for stones not to be big enough. Oh mate get a life!

as I said if you wanna be a Muslim feel free to be but keep your bloody religion to yourself! you can not come out and ask/impose morals on others or tell them how to live their lives. That is exactly what Islam is doing in Iran and that is exactly what I want stopped! You want to not have sex well good on you, how dare you stone someone else to death for not wanting to follow your screwed up morals? How dare Muhammad was allowed to marry more than 60 times, even marry a child(9 yrs old)?

just open your eyes matie and you might see the light.

don't side step the issue by trying to convolute everything and by jumping from subject to subject. Have you ever stopped to think why Zoroastrian on of the most peaceful religions in History actually is against Islam?

Oh well you either get the point here or wait for the "hell fires" to teach you the lesson![/sarcasm]

Sep

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
O.K I did quote Koran as asked and now you come up with the source bs? of course I would go to an anti Islam site to find anti Islam material! maybe that explains why you are still a Muslim! I mean how could you expect to go to an Islamic site and find anti Islamic material?

Why would you want anti-islam material? Is it because you just grew up under intense hate without actually knowing anything about the people you hate? That is just really sad.

any ways this is beside the point what I have quoted are direct from Kuran and thats enough for me!

If you dont want to study the history or Quran or talk to any Muslims or use any logic, it is very easy to get confused about the items that you read. If you only read the parts that you want, you can always find imperfections(looking at it from out times perspective)

You are saying that this is all time dependant stuff yet they are in Kuran which is supposed to be the last book sent by god for all man kind in all times???????

I wouldnt say it is for all time. I explained my belief before. I believe that religion needs evolution as our values and sociaty evolve. Islam was perfect for its time, just like all the other major religions.

Please , nice way of side stepping the main point of this thread any ways. I was talking about Woman and Womens rights in Islam and Kuran?

I am answering what you started, if you stick to woman's rights we can talk about woman's rights, if you change the subject I will answer what ever you write.

are you telling me that god considers Women to be second class citizens?

No that is not what I am saying. What I am saying the 1300 years ago, when it was common for girls to be buried on their birthday, because they were girls, were considered slaves or tools that could be exchanged among men, Muhamad came and gave women rights. Everyone laughed at him, but he explained to them that women were not equipment and were actual living people. Many people didnt accept this at the time. Now tell me what they would have done to Muhamad if he told others that men and women were equal in all aspects? People would have laughed at him and call him a mad man. He improoved humanity and that is what religion is all about.

are you telling me that god would condone people being slowly murdered by stoning and ask for stones not to be big enough. Oh mate get a life!

I am telling you that this was common back then. It was accepted in every religion. Read a holy book (any book) and you will see what I mean. And by the way, if you cannot talk without getting to personal attacks then I truly feel sorry for you.

as I said if you wanna be a Muslim feel free to be but keep your bloody religion to yourself!

This has broken several ATS rules. I am sorry if I have made you feel insecure to an extent where you feel that you have to insult over a billion people.

And also I am not forcing you to become a Muslim, I am sorry if you had some bad experience with the Mullahs, but I can assure you that what ever they did to you, they did a thousand times worst to me and my family. This has not allowed me or anyone else to start propaganda against the belief of over a billion people.

you can not come out and ask/impose morals on others or tell them how to live their lives.

Currently you are the only one who is doing this.

That is exactly what Islam is doing in Iran and that is exactly what I want stopped!

First: Islam is not doing this. It is the Mullahs.

Second: How long have you lived in Iran and what is your religion

You want to not have sex well good on you, how dare you stone someone else to death for not wanting to follow your screwed up morals?

Believe it or not, I have not stoned anyone to death.

How dare Muhammad was allowed to marry more than 60 times, even marry a child(9 yrs old)?

just open your eyes matie and you might see the light.

LOL, you tell me to open my eyes. have you ever actually studied the life of Muahamd? 60 wives? Are you talking about the women he ook in because they had had their husbands killed? If he was taking them in for sexual reasons he would have had alot of kids since there was no birth protection back then. How many kids did he have? And who was the mother? Muhamad only took one real wife, her name was Khdijeand all his kids were from her. Open your eyes and study some history before you open your mouth.

don't side step the issue by trying to convolute everything and by jumping from subject to subject. Have you ever stopped to think why Zoroastrian on of the most peaceful religions in History actually is against Islam?

First: Nothing against Zoroastrian but they created two empires. Empires are not uild by love and peace. Zoorasters sack Athens twice. That is not exactly peacful if you ask me. They conqured several empires adn fought counless wars.

Second: Can you please quote Zooraster teahing people to be against Muslims or is it just something the people who tried to keep power said?

Oh well you either get the point here or wait for the "hell fires" to teach you the lesson![/sarcasm]

OK, thanks for the heads up

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Sep]

Sep

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Also, just another point about the Zoraosterians being peaceful, do you know anything about the Maztek movment? It was one of the biggest religions in its time, but not many people know about this religion because in a few years all the followers if Maztek were killed by the order of the Zoroasterian clerics. You see every religion has had its low times, it doesnt mean that it should be hated and degraded

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Enough already. Move this someone. At least ideology if not slugfest.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Zero, you have read these same things many times, there have been numerous examples of people being killed in Islamic states for violations of religious laws, and there have been many cases of people being executed for converting from Islam to Christianity, and watching their family members be executed before their own execution.

I've read of isolated incidents commited by extremists or without the consenst and knowledge of the government; I've never heard of the Government actualy ebetting extremist groups in the killings of non-muslims -- and considering the non-muslim population in Middle East countries that seem to live in relative peace, one assumes that no threats have been warranted towards them.

Deep

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join