It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hulk has to be the most overrated Superhero as a Non-superhero.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
All he does is cause destruction. That is not what you call a Hero. The way he gets his power is extremely unbelievable unlike others. Especially, now since there is Avenger movie trying to make it realistic. He is supposedly to be very strong to survive the Sun, but wouldn't his strength already destroyed planet Earth already. Like cracking the Earth open just by smashing the Ground. Down right an unbelievable Character. Unlike Superman(Strength comparison) at least he is in control of himself.

I've seen the new Avengers movie and he dug a hole in the Earth. That would most likely cause a huge sinkhole if it has a cracked sewer pipeline. He went pretty deep too.

www.latimes.com...
journaltimes.com...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
All he does is cause destruction. That is not what you call a Hero. The way he gets his power is extremely unbelievable unlike others. Especially, now since there is Avenger movie trying to make it realistic. He is supposedly to be very strong to survive the Sun, but wouldn't his strength already destroyed planet Earth already. Like cracking the Earth open just by smashing the Ground. Down right an unbelievable Character. Unlike Superman(Strength comparison) at least he is in control of himself.

I've seen the new Avengers movie and he dug a hole in the Earth. That would most likely cause a huge sinkhole if it has a cracked sewer pipeline. He went pretty deep too.

www.latimes.com...
journaltimes.com...

Unless...

But...

Well yes he did go pretty deep. Oo

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hulk Smash

isn't superdood
dc ?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

And the pigmentation thing. How does the chemical compound which gives the green hue (assuming it is something like similar to a chlorophyll compound) leach into and out of his body so fast?

How could an emotional state (something mediated by brain chemistry and structure) cause such extreme physiological changes?

Why don't his pants fall off?

So many questions...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
www.comicvine.com...
edit on 31-5-2015 by AmericanZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It is a comic book character, guys. Scientific scrutiny of the elasticity of his pants does not apply.
If it were realistic, there would be a giant Hulk pecker denting car doors and busting fire-plugs as he rampaged through the streets.
Hulk would wring Superman like a wet rag.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yes... that gamma radiation creating super powers is completely unbelievable.

We all know that the Sun, Spiders, galactic lanterns, greek gods, and mutations are the natural way to get super powers.

Hulk is so fake.

good thread.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
It is a comic book character, guys. Scientific scrutiny of the elasticity of his pants does not apply.
If it were realistic, there would be a giant Hulk pecker denting car doors and busting fire-plugs as he rampaged through the streets.

Expect for one thing, he wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

Expect for one thing, he wouldn't.

He wouldn't but he could.

Hulk smash!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hulk: "Puny Superman."
cut to:
SMASH!
Maybe Superman could fly in reverse and turn time back to before Dr. Banner got exposed to the Gamma rays and then easily proceed to kick his ass.
edit on 1-6-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Beyonder ( Marvel ppl will get it) whoops all DC and Marvel heroes and villains

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If you read the comic, the Hulk does a lot more than just smash. Well Bruce Banner does a lot more than just smash. He recently had his own Shield science team. The whole point of the comic is the duality between the guilty, in some ways helpless and hopeless, scientist Bruce Banner, and the force of nature that is Hulk.

Also, sometimes depending on the writer. The Hulk is smart. Sometimes he is not green. Sometimes Bruce Banner and Hulk are even separate entities.

You know who would win between Hulk and Superman. The answer depends on the writer and who is publishing. The writer can make excuses for either to win.

Its like Batman VS Superman. If both were actually real there is no way Batman could win. The only way Batman wins is because a writer contrives some out of the box way for Batman to win, because the writer wanted Batman to win all along. If Superman was real. He could just fly to the moon or anywhere in space, and just laser eye beam Batman to death, no matter where on the planet Batman was. Why would he fight Batman up close and give him a chance to use whatever dues ex machina the writer has invented to defeat someone who is invincible.

None of this matters though. Its not real and no comic books from the big two are realistic at all. Its all fantasy. So lock the realism away while you read or watch, and enjoy the ride.

edit on 1-6-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would like to see Hulk, my favorite Marvel character, have a go with Swamp Thing, my favorite DC character.
What are the odds of getting Stan Lee and Allen Moore to hang out in a "coffee shop" in Colorado and ponder the possibilities?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Pretty low.

The reason is, Stan Lee would want a straight up silver age brawl taking place somewhere in New York City. Allen Moore would want the fight to take place on a mystical plane. Where the fight is judged by turn of the century literary character while God and the Devil wager on the outcome.

I would read both in a double sized annual issue. But alas it will never be. Not even in Colorado.

edit on 1-6-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I would like to see Hulk, my favorite Marvel character, have a go with Swamp Thing, my favorite DC character.
What are the odds of getting Stan Lee and Allen Moore to hang out in a "coffee shop" in Colorado and ponder the possibilities?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that meet up!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
this thread kind of annoys me.

Its a symptom of pop culture taking over our nerdy sub-cultures.

IF you read the comics, Bruce Banner is just as much of a complex character as Stark or Peter Parker, he is integral to a number of big comic events. The problem I am having with pop culture intruding on our nerdy sub-culture is that they water down these complexities so that anyone who has religiously watched all of the stuff to come of of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is all of a sudden a "Comic book guy" who has never picked up a comic and probably does not know who Hank Pym is or what H.A.M.M.E.R is for example.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

OK... I have two words for you, that you should look up, and may change your mind.

Planet Hulk.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hulk was created grey, but at the time the color didn't take to the pages well - so they went with green.

As far as overrated goes? He's the modern iteration of the literary device of duality. A story telling tactic that goes back into antiquity. He's the modern worlds Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on steroids. A representation of the struggle we all face between the person we aspire to be and the person we, ultimately, end up caving into being ( all rationales and excuses included. I didn't actively cause Bob to get fired, opening up his position for myself... but I didn't quite stand up for him when I knew the accusations were unfounded..."

Aside from that, Hulk is likely the most underrated superhero in any comic companies pantheon. The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. The more and harder you hit him, the more indestructible he becomes. There is no magical, universal weakness inherent in him. He has no Kryptonite. In fact he was considered such a danger that a group of the smartest and most moral people in the Marvel Universe opted to launch him into space to be rid of him - as they saw him as the ultimate threat.

He's not flashy. He's not as intriguing or emotionally entertaining as some other characters in comics are. But he is more like us than most superhero characters. None of us ( well this is ATS so I'll change that to "many of us" ) cannot claim to be aliens sent here because our home worlds exploded. Nor can we relate to being billionaires with mommy issues. But we can ALL directly relate to how hard it is to hold ones temper in once it is fully triggered... to try and keep the rage from showing even as our blood boils.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Isn't the hulk just a personification of the internal conflict within super heroes, that they all have a dark, destructive side with the constant struggle of what's right and wrong.

Or I could just say hulk smash.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yeah I am with you on Hulk being too unbelievable.
A man from another planet who wears glasses to hide his super identity, yeah
A boy bitten by a spider who turns into a web slinger, Thor a God with a hammer, a man frozen in time from WII and has super strength from the early 40s

Yeah a green superhuman like doctor Jekyll and Mr Hide, thats just simple stupidity
edit on b2015Mon, 01 Jun 2015 09:19:05 -050063020151am302015-06-01T09:19:05-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join