It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting Live from the front lines of . . . . . Baltimore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
As long as no one was "unjustly" stopped, or arrested for so called 'petty things' right?

Just remember, blacklivesmatter and cops are the real problem for black youth.

Discuss.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Actually poverty is big issue with people and crime.

+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
people want to blame others for their actions but when it comes down to it people are the way they are because of their own choices.

don't blame poverty just get a job and get out of poverty

don't blame the cops if you are a criminal you have a reason to run they will arrest you for your crimes and the courts will punish you.

Don't blame your mom and dad rise above them and blaze new trails.

Once you stop doing and start blaming you are the problem not society, not the cops, not povety, YOU are the problem.

edit on 31-5-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
40 fatal shootings in Baltimore this month alone?

#Blacklivessplatter

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I think there are 2 reasons for all the trouble. 1st, cops are afraid that anything they do will be wrong. Get a little rough with a scumbag? Investigation time. They know the Mayor is not behind them and will throw them under the bus for just about anything.
2nd. Pissed off cops lying back and saying "Fine, you don't like the way we do it, let'em do what they want and we're not gonna lift a finger to stop it" "How do like your city now?"

Ok...Maybe 3 reasons. People know the cops are scared and are taking advantage of it while they can.
edit on 31-5-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

40 homicides in May . I agree black lives do matter . I just wish the gangs would remind each other more often .

I also completely condemn the police for the slowdown .
edit on 31-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I remember around the time of Ferguson, a member here made a thread called "Black Lives Matter". The guy got flamed to high heaven for talking about cop on black brutality instead of cop brutality in general. Someone was even so incensed that they created a copycat thread called "All Lives Matter". Poor form. Especially when the original OP had made it clear he knew all lives mattered.

Fast forward to Baltimore and it seems like #BlackLivesMatter is all the rage.

I hope that original OP I refer to feels vindicated.

As for this OP? I wish it was more than a link and a sentence.

BALTIMORE – A man fatally shot in Baltimore is the city's 40th homicide victim this month, a record month for slayings.

Police say they were called about 8:45 p.m. Friday for reported gunshots. When they arrived, officers found a man shot in the underarm. Police spokeswoman Lt. Sarah Connolly said Saturday that 23-year-old Justin Mensuphu-Bey died about an hour later.

Arrests have dropped sharply in Baltimore since Freddie Gray died on April 19 of injuries he suffered in police custody. Gray's death unleashed protests, riots, and the criminal indictment of six officers.

Homicides were increasing in Baltimore even before Gray's death. But the 40 slayings in May mark a major spike, after 22 in April, 15 in March, 13 in February and 23 in January.

Shooting death is Baltimore's 40th homicide in May, a record month for slayings

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
These types of stories fill me up with joy. All the more reason to end this miserable little blue ball, I for one can't wait.

It has been too long on here but thanks to recent surge of violence, hate..etc. Looks like the time is near.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

A hashtag is beyond meaningless.

Obviously black lives don't matter...well at least to other black people.

Seems like the cops were the only ones who cared about black lives.

If the irony wasn't so depressing I would be laughing my ass off.

Keep up the hashtags though, because you know...they totally mean something.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wait till the feds get the go-ahead for nationalizing Baltimore police.

The experiment will cost a thousand lives.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes let's hold cops to the same standard as gangs...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thefallenone

Actually poverty is big issue with people and crime.

True, and so is a cycle of ignorance

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm sure I'm gonna get called a racist for this.. but here it goes.

I kind of have to laugh at the stupidity of the "Black Lives Matter" campaign. Here is why. When a police officer, or a group of cops kill a black man or woman or child, the black community gets up in arms. They protest, they riot, they destroy their own communities. Yet I don't see the same outrage when a black person is killed by another black person. Why is that?

On the same day that Freddie Gray was killed, a 3-year old black child (girl) was shot in the head from a drive by shooting. I saw not ONE single mention of this poor little girl. Not one "protester" mentioned her name, or called for an end to black on black violence.

Then you have the current situation. The community calls for police to "leave their neighborhoods" and they oblige. Now you have people getting shot and killed left and right. It's not the police shooting them. So where is the outrage? Where are the twitter protests? Where are the riots? Where are the pointless hash tag campaigns?

Police violence is out of control. You will get no argument from me there. And yes, I agree that blacks are targeted, even IF they aren't in the wrong. But let's be 100% honest here... black on black violence is the biggest problem your community faces. And all the while blacks cry "racism" and "evil whitey is to blame"... we sit back and watch you all kill each other. Does that make ANY sense to you????

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

Well said, its because they are Gangstars innit.

I would like to see how many of the 40 or 100 were gang bangers or young black males, I doubt I would be shocked to find out its the majority but I dont know where that list would be.

We need Robocop, eugh, imagine that, in the spirit of ATS, I think that Baltimore is a flase flag to give policing to OCP - or Halliburton or whoever the latest player is (note to self, check where those in power hold many shares). Once they prove the local law enforcement cannot cope, they can bring in the hired guns.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'd say Baltimore is an example of widespread drug use and sales. The extent of the Baltimore Drug problem can only be reached when city officials and police are also involved in the drug trafficking and sales.

I saw it in a town in North Texas. when the police and a couple rich guys got involved in methamphetamine trafficking, the murder rate soared and crime started to run rampant. You see, when you owe these guys money or back out on a deal, they simply have some other druggie kill you. These are just drug crimes, no need for thorough investigation.

www.wbaltv.com...
edit on 31-5-2015 by Noobarino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Clearly youve never been to Baltimore.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The reason why you had to start your perfectly logical and reasonable post with, " I am probably going to get called a racist for this, but here goes", is why they only protest certain things. It is also why things will never change, and will only get worse for the majority of the black community.

I am not a religious person, but I always found the phrase "God helps those who help themselves" well suited to explain the current state of the black community.

They don't want to do the work to fix their own communities and fix the real problems facing themselves. It is much easier to blame everyone else in hopes that everyone else will fix their problems for them.

I am sure I will get called a racist for posting this, but I have heard many intelligent black people say the same things. Unfortunately, those same black people tend to keep those opinions very silent, as they don't want to be called an uncle tom or something worse and put a target on their back.

It's sad, but I don't see it ever changing.
edit on 31-5-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

I didn't come up with the hashtag nor did I use it in any way beyond commenting on other people using it. In fact that's the first and hopefully last thing I ever hashtag because I agree, they are stupid.
edit on 5-31-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

To be fair the MSM does one heck of a job victimizing the black community and vilifying the white male community as well. If you look at the MSM its heavily uneven on how the white on black crimes are exploited versus the other way around.

Sadly, both sides have the idiots that fall for it and allows for racism and hatred to continue.

Anytime you get a white on black crime and before any facts are released or a trial held you have both the idiot black community members claiming racism and the idiot white community members claiming it wasn't.

Perhaps its time we put the term racist and racism on hold for a while because its apparent that its causing more harm then good. How about we replace racist with what they are: ignorant @ssHoles.

Morgan is right

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

40 homicides in May . I agree black lives do matter . I just wish the gangs would remind each other more often .

I also completely condemn the police for the slowdown .

You guys are the racists.... I don't see black or white. You all say "Black lives matter"..... The rest of us don't see this color crap. You should have said "thugs" or "trash" lives matter.

And you see, I think they do not so much. Trash is for the landfill. Everyone is capable of being a good person. Those that don't.... go to the landfill.

I applaud the baltimore police. I think they should sick out for a week.

cheers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join