It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some reconciliation comes from the Phoenix Mosque protest.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Some good news came out of the protest it seems.

Not only was there peaceful protest from two different groups...

But it seems some have had a change of heart about the approach that was initially taken to protest the "Tyranny of Islam"...

Although the event was marked by inflammatory messages and a tangible divide between the two sides, it wasn’t without some reconciliation.

Jason Leger, a Phoenix resident wearing one of the profanity-laced shirts, accepted an invitation to join the evening prayer inside the mosque, and said the experience changed him.

“It was something I’ve never seen before. I took my shoes off. I kneeled. I saw a bunch of peaceful people. We all got along,” Leger said. “They made me feel welcome, you know. I just think everybody’s points are getting misconstrued, saying things out of emotion, saying things they don’t believe.”

A few of us predicted there would be an invitation from the congregation at the Phoenix Mosque...

It seemed to have a positive effect.

Paul Griffin, who had earlier said he didn’t care if his t-shirt was offensive, assured a small crowd of Muslims at the end of the rally that he wouldn’t wear it again.

“I promise, the next time you see me, I won’t be wearing this shirt,” he told one man while shaking his hand and smiling. “I won’t wear it again.”

So there you go.

I know the Art exhibit threads received a lot of attention from many people...
Just thought you'd all like to know that as well as no physical altercations or harm...
A couple of people have had a change in perspective.

Salaam.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

In one of the treads about it, I believe it was you that said the mosque would likely invite them in to visit.

I agreed, and also thought it would be a great opportunity.

I am glad some good came out of this.

Now though, what do they do next?

I think it should be anti Isis rallies, not anti Muslim rallies myself.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Its always awesome to hear things like this.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I think it should be anti Isis rallies, not anti Muslim rallies myself.

Exactly, that was my biggest complaint with this.
Was it seemed to lump all of the people from that mosque into the ISIS crowd.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Sounds like a good idea.

Send invites to local Mosques and it could really show the world where everyone stands.

No more "they're just bigots"...
No more "they secretly support it"...

All come together and work as a team.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Sounds like a good idea.

Send invites to local Mosques and it could really show the world where everyone stands.

No more "they're just bigots"...
No more "they secretly support it"...

All come together and work as a team.

It is the only way to end the idiocy once and for all.

Instead of us( regular folks) and them( Muslims).

It would be us(everyone) vs them (Isis).

In theory at least.

I just like to try to hold out hope for humanity.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
if they throw a war and nobody shows up...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Its difficult to separate muslims from terrorism when so many of them in the world support it.

But we must be mindful that, at least here in the US, the support for Islamic extremism is so low that it must be imported in order to see much happen.

American muslims are just Americans who happen to be muslim.

That said, muslims in the Middle East, and particularly in Europe, are the most supportive of extremism, and it is where most of it is carried out of. That is what we should be addressing. Not harassing muslims in the US who are arguably more peaceful than most anyone.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Jason/Paul you are a real men and your parents should be proud of you both. If you were my sons I would give you a great big hug and tell you just how awesome you are.

Stories like this should rule the airways not the other way around......Thanks OP.
edit on 31-5-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Beautiful.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Fantastic. I have had the opportunity to join in with some Muslims in prayer.And it is not the Muslims we are against.It is the radical faction of Islam that poses an issue.The Quran and the Old Testament are virtually the same (for the most part) and both are a religion of peace.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Fantastic. I have had the opportunity to join in with some Muslims in prayer.And it is not the Muslims we are against.It is the radical faction of Islam that poses an issue.The Quran and the Old Testament are virtually the same (for the most part) and both are a religion of peace.

What nonsense...You obviously have not read their Koran...All non muzlims are infidels...If they can not be converted to Izlam, they are to be taken as slaves or killed...All muzlims know this...All muzlims believe this...

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool
Sort of like all non-Christians are damned?

To the topic: What was the "protest?"

edit on 6/1/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It was a draw Mohammad contest and then Idk what to call it besides an muslim protest outside of the old place of worship of the two guys that got killed in Texas. They used to attend that mosque like 5 years ago so they lined up out side of it with Eff Islam shirts and guns.

Never got really good audio but it was mostly no sharia law, go back home ect ect on the signs.

There was a counter protest as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

To that I say thank God. Which ever one you prefer...

You know, there may be hope yet. Hopefully, it's contagious.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
They were protesting Islamic belief?
Well that's sort of silly.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Get a grip.

If they all did, how come you aren't dead? Or wearing chains?

Hyperbole like yours will never solve the problem, only acerbate it.

(post by n00bUK removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
98% of those ARMED bikers never WANTED to hurt any muslims,I'm thankful we have at least proven the same is seen on the otherside.
AS it must be.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

I agree targetting all the enemy elements is highly difficult in a xenophobic culture that we fail to completely understand.
And those same Jihadists use moderates as a recruiting pool and as a sheild.
If for some reason you think I am somehow ignorrant by such logic you aren't aware of the full reality.
NOONE who has the REAL job of war wants to kill all muslims we want to fight the enemy.
edit on 1-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join