It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrial Projection Maybe??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have two questions im wondering if any of you can answer. This had happened to me a few months back. I was laying in my bed asleep. My eyes was closed i was i guess you could say in that semi sleep state. And while my eyes was closed i kinda felt like i was starting to float now idunno if it was up or down im thinking i was floating upward. I think i woke up funny not long after that. I couldnt see anything i guess just like being in total darkness and feeling like you was floating maybe upward i guess you could say... I use to be in this state when i was younger and it felt like a man was tickling me he would laugh kinda like in a minacing way but i didnt find it funny he was tickling me it was actually scarey as hell. Coulda been a nightmare but it felt real. Also i had this happen not long after but it felt like wind rushing around me. I couldnt feel the breeze or anything just the roaring sound of it... Any one ever have this happen? Or know what causes it??

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gerg357

You were "out of body" though you were likely still in the same spot..
You can't see at first and sometimes later, because you don't have eyes..
You figure out how to see without eyes..
It's the same way you figure out how to float, rather than swim through the air..

All you had to do was go somewhere..
That was it.

My first time out it was me in blackness floating not being able to tell how big I was.. And then I was sort of wobbling? back and forth (hard to describe cause I mean my spirit)..

And then I rolled out of my bed.. Gravity still works. My feet (didn't have them maybe?) didn't hit the ground.

OMG I'm out..

I can't see anything?? Wait I see something.. It's red yellow and blue specks of light all through this blackness.
I know my room layout and move towards my window and proceed to go through the glass..

Glass is THICK.. It feels odd. The screen is a little more confusing.. Somehow passing through these solid objects brought my vision online. I'm in my back yard in the air 10 feet up holy what !?!
Everything was Glowing silver. I don't think there was a moon.

My dogs outside? hes not supposed to be out at night.. Tries to call him (no vocal chords).. But wait he sense me as I come close.. He's not even confused by me being there, but he can't see me. he's looking "at me" but he is not seeing anything. Then I lost control, I started falling backwards (in slow motion cause I don't weigh a lot). My back presses down the monkey grass as I slowly depress it into the ground.

WARP to my body still awake.

Go to the backdoor open it and find my dog right where I just left him.. The only time hes ever been outside at night.

The other spirit guys are almost guaranteed to be way better at being a spirit than you are..
Some of them are not nice. That being said I havn't had any issues with that aspect.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

sounds like the beginnning of an OOBE to me, I've felt something similar many times.
Sometimes it happened I felt some kind of presence too, no tickling but I did hear some voices and once a child voice giggling near my ear. It was pretty creepy to say the least.
Some people might say they are figments of your imagination, others will say it's entities in some other dimension or something like that.
I believe it's our minds projecting fears and making them 'real', when we are in that state it's easy for a lot of negative emotions and traumas to bubble up, maybe as a means of protection against the unknown.
When I feel that I'm starting to 'float' away I try to convince myself there's nothing to be afraid of.
For some reason I still can't make it past that stage.
The fear is still too great.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
I believe it's our minds projecting fears and making them 'real', when we are in that state it's easy for a lot of negative emotions and traumas to bubble up, maybe as a means of protection against the unknown.

I think most of it IS that, but I don't think it all is. Protection against the unknown.. Perfect phrase.

When I feel that I'm starting to 'float' away I try to convince myself there's nothing to be afraid of.
For some reason I still can't make it past that stage.
The fear is still too great.

I havn't figured out which one of you is having the fear. It sounds like your body (subconscious maybe) is afraid of losing it's soul.. Each time you experience that fear and you don't get out it reinforces the outcome. I said it was your body because you said "floating away." but I may be misinterpreting and you mean you are afraid of floating away?? Cause you won't.. That body will DRAG you home haha.

I don't remember how many times it took me from getting basically out to the actually out stage..

Then the fear the next time, still there, but much less, and now I KNOW.

I don't do it anymore... It can weaken your connections to yourself. Least it did for me, though I had a lot going on at the time, including the kundalini stuffs.

I mean you are facing DEATH. pretty scary feeling lol.
edit on 31-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

OBE yes. Astral Projection? No.

Astral travel can be planned...where, how long, whom to see or observe...or just letting your spirit go where it wants to without input from you.

You experienced an unplanned OBE, and not a trip along the astral plane. Both are closely comparable to each other...but each is vastly different....

Should you want to discuss? Contact me privately with a pm U2U.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

You were on the verge of "going out" By that I mean, You almost projected Yourself, (Soul/Spirit) Into the Astral Realm. Where one can experience an Out of Body Experience! OOBE in short.
I used to hear softly running water. That changed to hearing Electricity. Like very soft crackling of Electricity leading to a loud 'Crack' of Electricity. The First 'Crack' scared me back into my body. Then I would expect that sound/feeling and was able to get past that to Enter The Astral Realm! Some fun times await for You if You choose to pursue Astral Travels!!! Enjoy them all!! Syx...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
definitely the beginning of an OBE. Next time you get yourself into that trance, allow the wind to overcome your body and you will pulled out of body. Relax and understand that nothing harmful will happen to you. Congrats!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
wow i got some pretty awesome answers here guys ive had some experiences with i dunno if it was out oobe or astrial projection one time i think i posted it here before i woke up kinda in that old hags state.. where you seemed to be paralized but i was laying there and i seen this bed rail and it felt like my hand was touching it though my hand was on the bed it was like my hand was invisible and when i touched the rail i could feel it being cold.. when i finally came to and woke up and touched the rail it was cold.. this happened when i was younger.. so whats the difference in oob and atrial projection.. astrial projection kinda has me wierded cause i wouldnt want to see spirits and stuff and if i looked back and seen myself i dunno if id find it cool or freak the hell out.. it would be pretty scarey looking back to see yourself and thinking.. did i just die? haha i also can do lucid dreaming from time to time... which is pretty cool i dunno if im tuned in to certain things.. as i can also dream of things that will happen sometimes but its never how my dream is but its close.. i figured the the man laughing and tickling me was some kinda old hags and i was half asleep and couldnt see cause i was inbetween sleep and awake.. the rushing of the wind that was a trip i wont lie it did freak me out.. if it something i could do safely i wouldnt mind it but i hear bad things about oob and astrial projection.. but i do find it interesting and am tempted

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Ok, so I can't quite remember my exact age, but it somewhere between 9-12 yrs that I had just about the same experience. I was in between sleep and wake, and I was laying on my side. When I went to lay on my back, it felt like a hand was tickling me and I rolled back on my side. This kept going on for a few minutes. I laughed the first few times, until I heard a voice laughing every time I tried to lay on my back. I eventually woke up and noticed that my bed sheet was behind me kinda bunched up. That didn't explain the whole perception of the experience though. I felt a moving hand and heard a voice. Weird stuff

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gerg357
wow i got some pretty awesome answers here guys ive had some experiences with i dunno if it was out oobe or astrial projection one time i think i posted it here before i woke up kinda in that old hags state.. where you seemed to be paralized but i was laying there and i seen this bed rail and it felt like my hand was touching it though my hand was on the bed it was like my hand was invisible and when i touched the rail i could feel it being cold.. when i finally came to and woke up and touched the rail it was cold.. this happened when i was younger.. so whats the difference in oob and atrial projection..

Another poster brought up a difference in Astral and OBE.. This is the main accepted version I think, and it does agree with my own experience. This is an OBE type, or maybe not even that quite.. But your arm was out for sure. OBE. It's the closest to the physical realm. Supposedly when you OBE you are in your Energy Body, rather than a Spirit body for an Astral Travel.
OBE you won't make it far away from your body at least I never did.

astrial projection kinda has me wierded cause i wouldnt want to see spirits and stuff and if i looked back and seen myself i dunno if id find it cool or freak the hell out.. it would be pretty scarey looking back to see yourself and thinking.. did i just die? haha

You can see your body or spirits in both states, but the higher energy, lower density, should be more spirit filled.. I am not using the best terminology. I might confuse you. Been awhile. One of the tricks at first is DO NOT look at your body, or THINK about it.... You'll just warp back to it.

i also can do lucid dreaming from time to time... which is pretty cool i dunno if im tuned in to certain things.. as i can also dream of things that will happen sometimes but its never how my dream is but its close.. i figured the the man laughing and tickling me was some kinda old hags and i was half asleep and couldnt see cause i was inbetween sleep and awake.. the rushing of the wind that was a trip i wont lie it did freak me out.. if it something i could do safely i wouldnt mind it but i hear bad things about oob and astrial projection.. but i do find it interesting and am tempted

Old man tickling you.. I have read countless reports of right before during and after separation that sprirts will come aroudn to either keep you in, or to help you get out. Rushing of the Wind.. RIGHT there...

You ask about being tuned in. All of these states are related to each other. Meditation seems to be a good central key along with physical health to work on to get you in shape. Lucid dreaming is an AWESOME practice to work on control of a "non physical body." and it's great to work on memory recall..

Memory recall is a weird one.. I have come back and my memories after coming back were part my bodies and part where "I" was traveling.. Gotta work on memory integration.. Lucid dream, Dream journal..

No Fear.
edit on 31-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I used to have these experiences too back when I was in my late teens. It scared me too much to get very far into it.

I would be laying on my back usually and my breathing would get really slow, sometimes it would almost stop I think. I would then feel vibrations and a floating sensation with strange sounds. The sounds I would hear were like a synth bass or something. I was afraid that since I would wake up gasping for breath that it was due to sleep apnea and if I continued I would die.

I once saw my room when I was out. It was very distorted though.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: asmall89

Your body will be basically "asleep" with out you there. Meaning if you have sleep apnea that will be there while you are out, and could hit you then. If that were to happen you would warp back and grasp for air I guess. I tend to not like sleeping on my back cause I feel like I am having trouble breathing just from pressure..

And yes this fear. It's either your ego or subconscious screaming at your soul to not leave.. Unless you are just fearing the craziness of it all. You WILL hallucinate on and before exit.. Bees, engines, tornados, trains, gun shot, thunder cracks. Winds.. Might see some angel ish looking things..

Anyway..

How did you room look? Distorted how?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

It just seemed like the space was larger and brighter than it really is. Of course I had trouble controlling what I was doing and seeing.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
a reply to: KnightLight

It just seemed like the space was larger and brighter than it really is. Of course I had trouble controlling what I was doing and seeing.

That's based on how big you are.
And you may have been lighting up the room. Pitch black outside looks silvery glow to me.

Those things above are based on OBE..

This sounds astral. If you are in astral it's NOT the same world.

new topics

top topics

join