It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothers' psychic connection with their kids!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I've always found it fascinating, the strange sense moms have for what is happening to their kids, even far away!

I imagine one day we'll be able to determine a scientific explanation.

But it happened again to me.

Woke up at four AM, wide awake, filled with energy, unable to stay in bed. I got up, looked out at the starry sky and wondered what the heck I should do- try to sleep, make coffee.....I thought about the busy day I had planned ahead, and how tired I'll be getting up so early. But I was wide awake, and there was nothing to be done about that.

So I got up, did laundry, scanned the internet, watched cute cat videos.... until finally, I got a call at 6:00. My daughter had gone into labor at 4 AM and went to the hospital. She lives about an hour away. Baby hasn't arrived yet, but I'm on my way to the hospital.

When she was born, my own mother had flown over here and was next to me when I gave birth. It was probably the only, or at least most memorable supportive thing she had ever done for me, and she did it right before she died.

Today is Mothers Day in France. This is a wonderful Mothers day present for us both!
Just thinking being a mother is the most awesome adventure I've had so far!!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Congratulations Grandma and Happy Mother's Day!

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Awesome! Congratulations..

So how does mother's day work, if you are the kid with the birthday?
My mom's birthday is Christmas so stuff like that catches my eye.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The connections the family have go way beyond the physical.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Happy Mother's Day! I wish you both the best.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Awesome! Congratulations..

So how does mother's day work, if you are the kid with the birthday?
My mom's birthday is Christmas so stuff like that catches my eye.

lol! I don't know! My birthday is Christmas Eve, and that meant nobody remembers it and you never get a birthday party.

But this isn't as big a holiday.

I'd love to read others anecdotes on that sort of family psychic connection thing.
Especially since they won't let me in the delivery room and I am stuck staring at a wall mural that reminds me of the amazing Sea People that used to be advertised in comic books when I was akid.And I am still bitter about that rip off....

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Not there yet?

I don't have any great ones, that I have ever admitted to.

My dad called me one night, and called again and again.. I didn't see the missed called until almost 30 hours later.
I have never been so scared, that I could have killed myself drinking beers.

When I was finally able to look at a screen and not puke for 3 minutes I heard the messages..

"Are you ok?"
"I'm worried about you."

Next time he called me? not even the same year.. Don't talk much, but we get along well when we do.

Could have been a happier story.

My mom could tell if I was thinking in the other room.. Mom's always know. I thought I was sneaky sometimes, even going so far as to try to plan things without thinking.. She feels that sneak energy a million miles away.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

How exciting!! Let us know how it all went! ♥

I do believe we have a special connection with our children, a connection that goes beyond anything I could analyze with a scientific mind but we have an incredible physical link between us and our kids, and cells do cross the placenta leaving a bit of us in our offspring and a bit of them inside of our bodies (LINK ... an exchange of cells.

Congratulations!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thank you for the kind wishes!
They wouldn't let me in to see her, so I sat outside for 14 hours, to be able to see her and hold the baby for 5 minutes at 11 PM. But at least they are fine and I have the most beautiful grandson!

I think the staff thought I was crazy being there so long.... But I live so far away, I couldn't go home and come back later, and I kept thinking, "At least she knows I am out here, and that if anything goes wrong, I'll be rushing in".
Got a really good tan sitting on that bench too.
I'm a happy grandma.
I already have one grandchild, a girl, and I wrote on these boards a while ago about a strange call that had weird sounds, in which I thought I heard her speaking. But her mom claimed they didn't call. Two days later she fell really ill, and was delirious with fever for a few days. That made me wish I had paid attention and run down to her at the time, too.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Congratulations on the new addition to the family, grandma!
All best wishes to all of you ♥

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Congrats, and I know that connection! When m husband and I were taking a late honeymoon, leaving the kids with a friend, I called it short by a day, telling him our son needed me, and we had to go back. He thought I was missing them, and being silly, but I insisted. When we got back, he asked me not to say anything about it, and started chatting with the friend-sitter, and in short order found out that, the previous morning (the one in which I said we had to return), our son had gone from seeming alright to moping around, refusing to play, etc. The look I got was classic.

Moms know. It's a spiritual connection, I believe.

new topics

top topics

join