It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gunfight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Johnny Cash (the man in black himself) plays Abe Cross, an aging gunfighter who is down on his luck. Kirk Douglas plays Will Tenneray, who was also a gunfighter but is now trying to provide for his family. When Abe comes into town the townsfolk all start making bets on who would win in a fight between the two. They come up with the idea of having a gunfight and selling tickets to the event. Two men enter. One man leaves. Who will it be?

More on the movie: A Gunfight

Here is the movie. I apologize for the quality. It's kind of weird but it's the best I could find. Ordinarily I wouldn't post something like that but it's a good movie.

Here are a couple bits of trivia: The Jicarilla band of the Apache nation financed the film with 2 million dollars to keep production in the U.S.
If you've seen the video for Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nail's Hurt, you've seen a clip from the movie and probably didn't realize it. It's of Johnny saying, "You stay the hell away from me, you hear?"
Here's the video so you can see for yourself. It's at 1:43 in the video.

edit on 30-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

i dont know man.
i saw it a long time ago. dont remember much about it.
the great karen black is in it though. thats always a plus

i never cared much for johnny cash the actor, save of course for his role as john brown in the greatest mini series of all time, north and south

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly
I haven't seen half of what he was in. I found a few things on youtube. I guess I'll be busy with that lol.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

dont waste your time. nothing special about his acting.

even as good as he was in north and south, his part was not that big.
north and south was like 12 hours long but his mart was small on that scale.

new topics

top topics

join