It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Our Texas Friends

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Seventy (70!) counties in Texas have now been declared in a state of disaster. Things have the potential to get worse, and it is by no means over.

So sorry guys. I hope you are all staying safe, and please know you have the thoughts and prayers (in some cases) from your friends here at ATS. A hard time hit my state once, (tornado) and it can take several year to rebound, so don't lose sight of that and become discouraged.

I know many of us are thinking about you, and wishing you the best.

Stay safe.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That's very kind of you.
Thanks Ladyinwaiting.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa
Neysa, is this effecting you personally? I assume if you were in one of the disaster counties, you wouldn't have power?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting
My county has not been declared a disaster area...yet. The large river thet I live by is steadily rising and will overflow it's banks in the next few days. I'm sure when that happens, they will declare a disaster.
My family has been so lucky. Our house sits 3 feet off the ground and we are not in danger of flooding. Damn good thing too because my daughter and I caught a small bass and 2 bream in my driveway yesterday. Our only worry is the nightly tornado warnings. Nowhere to hide from those as you well know.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks for this.

I would love for our TX peeps to chime in and just let us know how ya'll are doing.

(((Texas-sized Hug)))

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You caught three fish in your driveway? Unreal. I can't imagine it. Guess there is no way to get the car out then, so you are inside for the long haul. Hope you have everything you need, and had enough advance time to prepare, and the power stays on. Humidity must be awful, and also having to worry about tornados. I so hope that won't happen. Sharknado. Glad it's not salt water.

My best .......... I'll be thinking about yall tonight.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I've had them on my mind since all this flooding started, and I've definitely noticed the absence of several members lately, so I thought I'd give a shout-out.

I hope they will chime in too, and let us know they are okay.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We are ok up here in Denton but very wet, and not far from water coming over I-35 at Lake Lewisville, which is normally 30 to 50ft below the bridge. Little Elm is on the East side of the lake and roads into that town are blocked last I heard. No serious rain yet today, funny last year we were doing rain dances, this year we are begging it to stop. I have family in Young County that are far worse off the us here, and my Daughter is in Abilene and also praying for the sky to dry up...

I was joking yesterday about the rain, saying maybe HAARP can control the weather, and with Jade Helm's Martial Law rumors we will all be standing on our roofs cheering FEMA when they come to round us up, i mean to "Rescue" us. It was what 2 weeks ago the National Guard helecopter rescues that made National News was no morethan 10 miles from me as the crow flies... Crazy powerful storms back to back to back is getting out of hand. It does seem out of the norm, like something is up.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! There are many family's lives that have been thrown in to the air, and they need all the support they can get right now!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I have never in my life been through a tornado. I can't even imagine how terrifying it must be to have to worry about such things. And now this flooding... I will be thinking of you and any of our members who are affected by this. Stay safe and keep us posted!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

We are ok up here in Denton but very wet, and not far from water coming over I-35 at Lake Lewisville, which is normally 30 to 50ft below the bridge

Good Lord that's a lot of water. I can't help but think about the wildlife too. It's so tragic when something this enormous happens.

Stay safe. (Say you might buy a boat after this over? I really think I would. A simple little motor boat.)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thank you from Texas.

I'm in Austin. I shall not soon forget seeing Barton Springs completely flooded and pouring over its dam. At one point the news was reporting about 500 closed low-water crossings.

The saddest story came from Wimberly, about 45 minutes from here, along the Blanco River, where a family was spending the holiday weekend. The flood ripped the house they were in from its foundation and separated a man from his wife and two children. A total of nine people were inside the house at the time. The woman called her sister to tell her she was floating down the river inside a house with her children and she wanted her to know she loved her. They did not survive.
Fr antic phone call as family, friends swept away by violent Texas floodwaters

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

God, can you imagine the horror of that? Poor dear people.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

They interviewed that woman's sister on television yesterday. Very disturbing, and the young children gone too. Heartbreaking. Unthinkable, really.

But I'm glad to know everything is still okay in Austin. Great city. I sure hope it stays that way.
I'm glad you checked in with us.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thank you for your concern. Several weeks of rain, rain and more rain has been difficult for us over here in East Texas because it is already a humid part of the state. So far I have been lucky enough to not have any flooding in my house. The worst part for me is the 900 trillion mosquitos that now have plenty of standing water to breed in and are reproducing like crazy. On the upside the frog are loving it. For quite a few years it seemed like the frogs were disappearing but they seem to have rebounded. They are all over the place. Last night I found 2 in my garage. Now they are outside but it took quite a bit of time and effort to get them out of the garage.

Sal

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

You caught three fish in your driveway? Unreal. I can't imagine it. Guess there is no way to get the car out then, so you are inside for the long haul. Hope you have everything you need, and had enough advance time to prepare, and the power stays on. Humidity must be awful, and also having to worry about tornados. I so hope that won't happen. Sharknado. Glad it's not salt water.

My best .......... I'll be thinking about yall tonight.

Out here it would be more like a cownado.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Neysa, is this effecting you personally? I assume if you were in one of the disaster counties, you wouldn't have power?

Many in counties declared disaster do have power. For example, after the sinkhole in Hood County, TX, Hood was declared a disaster area, though they mostly have power.

There are different types of 'disaster' the state can declare disaster and so can the federal government. There are benefits to this including state monies to assist with cleanup (were you declared by your governor) or federal monies (were you declared by the President), certain types of emergency personnel that can be deployed, etc. Being in a federally declared disaster zone has federal tax implications.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm in Brazoria county. The mighty Brazos river is going to spill its banks in the next day or two.
I am high and dry, but I have a lot of friends and family who are in trouble.
We'll make the best we can of it.
Has any one noticed there is no rioting or looting?
People in these parts help there fellow humans when disaster strikes.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Thank you for making this post,

I am south of Cleveland, TX in Liberty county. I didn't even know my county was one of the 70 counties declared disaster area until after reading this post. I am semi close to San Jacinto East Fork probably 1.5-2 miles away. But for most the big worry is storms because the ground is over saturated from too many storms consistently and flooding happens quick nowadays lately. The water at San Jacinto east fork river by Plumgrove last time I drove by was 4-6ft from wires on the telephone poles(the tele and cable lines, the electric lines are 3 ft ish higher. ) and probably another 10-20ft from flooding the bridge out. With swelling rivers and more rains coming there will probably be more flooding to come in the next few days. I personally am not to worried but stay monitoring the weather, as I have some supplies,provisions put away for times as such if I need them. But items give no comfort, my peace comes from Jesus Christ and God whom blesses and protects my family 24/7. I truly pray Texans keep safe and be strong, we will rise as Texans always do and thank you to the rest of America, the ATS'er's here who truly care we thank you for your prayer's and heartfelt concern. God sees too and may all be Blessed.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm west of San Antonio. We got 10 1/2" of rain Saturday. The river overflowed it banks and no one could get in or out because the river was over the bridges. Since we're in the Hill Country and lots of people live in the country and have to cross low water crossings to get to and from home, they couldn't get in or out for a couple of days. The flooding here was mild compared to what we have had before and what some of the other small towns on the river had. I think 12 people were swept away, only 4 or 5 have been recovered. There are many search and rescue teams, although now it's recovery, all over the area searching for the bodies.

San Antonio, Austin, Houston and Dallas all got slammed. I have never seen or heard of Austin and Dallas flooding like they did. San Antonio has to close sections of the lower expressway every time it rains because the low lying areas always get under water. Same with Houston.

Hundreds of pets got swept away so all the shelters are over flowing with lost dogs and cats. A few horses have also been found.

Two RV parks on the river were hit hard. One was full of people that had hauled their horses up for a weekend trail ride. None of the horses were lost and but lots of RV's and trucks were flooded. Every RV at the other park was flooded. 1200 homes on the river were completely destroyed - I mean swept off the foundations kind of destroyed. Massive, old cypress trees that lined the river were uprooted. Lots of destruction.

Texas has been in a terrible drought for a number of years and our lakes were almost empty, so one good thing came from all this rain. The lakes have water in them again. All of us that live in close to the river have been though numerous floods and get prepared as we can when we hear one might be on the way. Unfortunately, there was no way the people in Wimberley and Blanco could really get prepared. There was so much rain up above where they were, the river just came blasting down in a split second. I think all the people that lost their lives weren't from this area, so they really didn't have a clue what can happen when it floods.

It's just been a real sad week for all of us.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

edit on 30-5-2015 by hotintexas because: Accidently posted the above a second time, so just deleted it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join