It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Loud Roaring Sky Sound *Video/Audio*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth I have heard a sound like that before. The sound I heard was from a natural gas pipeline rupture. A year or so ago a pipeline ruptured about 1/4 mile from where I live. The sound was similar to what I am hearing on the video.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I have heard a sound like that before. The sound I heard was from a natural gas pipeline rupture. A year or so ago a pipeline ruptured about 1/4 mile from where I live. The sound was similar to what I am hearing on the video.

I would have heard sirens and/or work trucks if it had been something serious like that, this is a small town. I can literally count the red lights here on one hand!
edit on 30-5-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: steaming

I put my headphones on and heard an amplified sound to what I have been hearing for past few years. hear it day and night, but when i ask others they cannot hear such.

I've been seeing that a lot. Not sure if it's a frequency thing or their speakers?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Do you live near a fracking operation...

I checked on the fracking map and there is nothing in my area or anywhere close to here.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: netbound

I believe I'm to far out from Huntsville. The source of this sound seemed very close overhead. I was upstairs with the window up and it seemed like what ever it was was moving extremely slow and coming toward my house and then went right over. That's the best I can describe it. It was quite odd.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: tigertatzen

I can hear it very well, not sure why some can't? Maybe check your audio settings? Sorry I have no idea. It get's louder around 1:36 mark if that helps?
It is the frequency, some people can't hear it. It is around 56 hz---though in different locations between 32 and 80 hz. As low as 2% that listen will hear it. It often can't be recorded by a phone, not sensitive enough, but yours is not the only example.
edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
since this is mainly or even only an american phenomenon i doubt it's coming from the atmosphere.
i don't think it's got a natural cause either.
NO, it's not. 2 of the most famous hums: The Bristol Hum and The Aukland Hum. Map

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I can hear it very well, not sure why some can't? Maybe check your audio settings? Sorry I have no idea. It get's louder around 1:36 mark if that helps?

I still can't hear it, and the shopkeeper next door cannot either
There could be something wrong with my laptop...it's ancient...but I have no trouble hearing the insect sounds or the breathing, so that doesn't make a lot of sense. I believe you, however.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

a reply to: tigertatzen

how the hell is he getting all these stars for two word posts and copy and paste jobs?

LoL when clearly what I was talking about was evident in the description

I know...it's almost like people hang about waiting for a chance to do the "copy and paste pounce"...zeroing in on the tiniest possibility of a discrepancy...annoying as hell. Not saying he was one of those but seriously, that's what it seemed like. How many important pieces of the puzzle get completely missed because of people so busy attempting to police the veracity of a poster they know nothing about that they don't see the connections evident in different experiences?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Here you go y'all, I grabbed the audio and dropped it into Audition and raised the volume.

Link to soundcloud

You can hear it really well around 1:20.

Thank you for doing that
However, I personally still cannot hear it. Just insects and breathing and bird chirps. I guess my ears can't hear that particular frequency. Which is a bummer because I'd really love to know what it sounds like.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Strange it is very loud and clear for me.

I envy you. I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Oooh oooh I was finally able to hear it! **Happy Dance** Computer tech down the block somehow got it to where I could hear. It sounds very similar to what the housemate and I heard. Like rumbling thunder that just goes on and on. Only we could feel it more than hear it, if that makes any kind of sense. Like a vibration under the skin...kind of like you get if you stand really close to a bass amp while music is playing.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Strange it is very loud and clear for me.

I envy you. I'd love to hear it.

Yes actually very exciting. Standing out under the stars for hours at 2-3 AM or so for hours near naked with our mouths open ooh and awing! Still not knowing what and making up possible explanations with no possible answer leaves me a little angry. I want to know!!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

"In our opinion, the source of such powerful and immense manifestation of acoustic-gravity waves must be very large-scale energy processes. These processes include powerful solar flares and huge energy flows generated by them, rushing towards Earth's surface and destabilizing the magnetosphere, ionosphere and upper atmosphere. Thus, the effects of powerful solar flares: the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity."

Ah, yes this makes the most sense as an explanation for these sounds! Certainly the Occam's Razor in sharp contrast to "trumpets from God" - but if the naive believe in that, let them have it...

I intuitively understand it to be something like this, but may have heard Linda Moulton Howe mention it in one of her Earth Files investigations broadcast on Coast to Coast AM as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yes actually very exciting. Standing out under the stars for hours at 2-3 AM or so for hours near naked with our mouths open ooh and awing! Still not knowing what and making up possible explanations with no possible answer leaves me a little angry. I want to know!!

I finally was able to hear it, and it sounds like what myself and my housemate heard that same night, only earlier and the duration was not nearly as long. I want to know too!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sounds exactly like what I heard here for months on end two years or so ago here in Atlanta. (Kinda parallel to Huntsville too.)

originally posted by: anticitizen
since this is mainly or even only an american phenomenon i doubt it's coming from the atmosphere.
i don't think it's got a natural cause either.

Mainly or even only an American phenom? I don't think so.

The World Hum Map and Database

what american users here are describing seems to come from the skies.
what this map is showing are hums that mostly are louder inside the buildings.
i think there are numerous sources and different hums we deal with.
yet i'm still missing threads from europeans or even asians on ats who experienced this sound.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

what was wiered for me last summer i went to a restaurant and the whole inside was vibrating, the lights were shaking and no one seemed to notice or care. Its since stopped, made me wonder if tunnels were being dug underneath.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo
maybe an earthquake?
as you mentioned tunnels i remembered a story about secret tunnel drilling machines who melt through earth and stone, much quicker then conventional machines...

at that time everything is possible. the fact that not everyone is hearing these sounds and they are often more intense indoors is strange.

i just don't think it's a natural sound.
other than that it's a big

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join